iOS v3.7.2 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: iOS v3.7.2 Official Feedback Thread

Postby sketch » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:09 pm

jasonh300 wrote:Isn't App Radio an Android platform?

As far as I can tell, Pioneer AppRadio works with certain iPhone and Android phones, and JVC AppLink works only with the iPhone.
iphone 5 • ios 7.1 • waze 3.7.9.914 • mac os 10.9.2
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby sketch » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:31 pm

jwriddle wrote:Preposterous! That would mean the existence of some sort of metric system. Tomfoolery!

------------------------
Sent from iPhone 4 via Tapatalk 2

I measure my gas prices exclusively in tuppence per mutchkin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Image Image
sketch
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby sketch » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:26 am

bigalgeorge wrote:Using today in brilliant sunshine, the auto day/night remained on night. This has never happened using other nav apps and there is no issue with the phones light sensor.
I tried stopping and starting the route but it remained same. Once I changed the route the software sensor started working correctly. Surely not the software determines the screen settings at start and retains it for the full route?

There is a known bug: if the client has been running for over half an hour when the auto day/night is supposed to switch, it will not switch.

foux35 wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:Day and night mode is based on local sunrise and sunset. Not the light sensor.

That's quite a weird choice. Why is that?
Light sensors can be flaky and are different from one phone to the next. A car with tinted windows might choose might mode in the middle of the day, and a car with a panoramic sunroof might choose day mode at night on a well-lit road.

All GPS apps and devices I have used work similarly to Waze—time, not sensor (minus the bug).
Image Image
sketch
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby sketch » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:20 am

If it's cloudy, it's still daytime. Your phone's OS will make the screen less bright, and the Waze color scheme will still match the time of day.

Having the entire color scheme change as you move in and out of a thunderstorm is a huge distraction and a terrible idea for road safety.

Google "android auto brightness" and you'll see hundreds of complaints about how terrible Android's auto brightness setting is, with a few apps that fix it or claim to fix it. If you can't trust Google or phone manufacturers to know how to make their light sensors speak to their OSes, do you really think we can trust Waze to do it? Waze can't even get the time-based auto night mode to work right.
Image Image
sketch
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby sketch » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:23 am

Sometimes, when I'm stopped at an intersection, Waze will react badly to GPS drift, thinking I'm on the intersecting road or on the other side of the current road if it's split, and sometimes Waze will recalculate my route even though I haven't moved. It's a bit silly that Waze takes so long to recalculate when I'm on an exit ramp 100 feet off the road but will immediately recalculate when it thinks I'm 10 feet away on another lane or road.

This has been mentioned before, and I think Perlin asked for logs. I sent my logs earlier this afternoon.

I took a screenshot each time this happened so that I would have a time and date stamp.

Please check my recently submitted logs at:
14 Aug 2013, 15:42 CDT
21 Aug 2013, 21:25 EDT
22 Aug 2013, 22:10 EDT

I've uploaded the three screenshots in question here: http://imgur.com/PtH5AEp,IISPHNm,BH3WcZY

In the second and third example, there was no recalculation, but I was stopped at the light before each of those right turns.
Image Image
sketch
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby tallyg8tor » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:08 pm

invented wrote:I had a "Calculating Route, Please Wait" prompt stay on the screen for 13 minutes today.

w0rdr wrote:Waze is never finishing the routing process. I'm trying to get a route from Castle Rock, CO to Plattsmouth, NE, it finds the address immediately, says, "let's go" but displays "Calculating Route" endlessly and never draws it on the maps. I've uninstalled and re-installed the program several times, verified that I have internet connection (or I couldn't be submitting this), etc. I used to really love this app, but it hasn't worked on my iPad since 3.7.2 was installed. The iOS version on my iPad is 6.1.3. So far, for this try, Waze has been displaying "Calculating Route" for over an hour, this after the 2nd time I uninstalled and reloaded the app.

I have the same problem since 3.6.

After opening, I'll get a suggestion for my destination. It will countdown to go, and then I'll see calculating route forever. If I open the menu, the calculating route icons remains on the screen obstructing the map. Opening a menu option that shows another calculating style icon will clear out the old icon.

Often, choosing a destination manually will successfully set it and get rid of the calculating icon, but occasionally it won't.

I think I may have to downgrade to 3.5.3.
tallyg8tor

Postby TheBrat » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:21 am

I'm finding that my Drives are being broken down into increments of 1 to 3 minutes. My phone is on my dash and I'm driving on a highly populated highway. I don't think I'm losing internet connection.
TheBrat

Postby Trakr » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:46 pm

I have an iPhone 4 ver. 5.1.1. It crashed the first day I went to work after the upgrade that was to fix Waze crashing. Funny thing is the next day it crashed again and I was in about the exact same place on my route as I was the first day it crashed. I did'nt have anything running except Waze and a route in. Am not using any connection or anything for sound and I don't have a Facebook account so nothing there. It hasn't crashed either day coming home, but I go a different route.

I also am still not getting any reports when stopped since about 3 upgrades ago. I do get ads though when stopped at intersections.

I will see if it crashes in the same place again when I go to work again and will come home the same route to see if it crashes in the same place coming home.
Tampa, FL area, AM Level 4
Trakr

Postby vickimachado » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:58 pm

Still monitoring, but it seems that lately there have been more problems with the navigation trace snapping to nearby roads and sticking there. GPS signals aren't perfect here, but this seems to be happening in areas where I had no problems previously. Anyone experiencing this?

iOS 6.1.3, iPhone 4, AT&T
Area manager, Hawaii
iPhone4, iOS 6.1.2
vickimachado

Postby vickimachado » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:11 pm

Have to say that deleting the app and reinstalling was a help for many of my issues. There must have been fixes since the releases that I wouldn't be able to get any other way.

I have had one issue since then, though, although it hasn't recurred. Soon after the reinstall, I was in mid-commute and suddenly the voice guidance toggled to a different set of prompts -- different female voice, without the street names. I didn't touch that in settings, so it seemed weird to me that it just sort of clicked over on its own. Does that ring a bell with anyone?
Area manager, Hawaii
iPhone4, iOS 6.1.2
vickimachado

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App