iOS v3.7.2 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS v3.7.2 Official Feedback Thread

Postby CylonGlitch » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:23 pm

I have found a "work around" For me at least, the issue is that I've joined GROUPS, and updates from GROUPS is causing this problem

Got to :
Settings -> Social & Networks -> Pop-up Reports -> None

That will stop those pop-ups and stop it from getting darker. I have joined about 1/2 dozen groups since there are several in my area, as soon as I've turned this off, it seems to be fixed. BUT any other report from something else would still do the same, but much less frequently.

This explains why most people don't have a problem, most people don't use groups. Also explains testing. Giving the app to people to use and "test" is a VERY VERY poor test methodology, there needs to be a clear pattern of regression testing where every option is enabled / disabled and review tested. This is normal testing work methodology. One software firm I worked for (you would know them if I mentioned it) would have a test plan of 1 to 2 thousand pages. Without this type of methodology there is no way you'd find many bugs.
CylonGlitch

Postby RacelineUSAMatt » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:26 pm

CylonGlitch wrote:I have found a "work around" For me at least, the issue is that I've joined GROUPS, and updates from GROUPS is causing this problem

Got to :
Settings -> Social & Networks -> Pop-up Reports -> None

That will stop those pop-ups and stop it from getting darker. I have joined about 1/2 dozen groups since there are several in my area, as soon as I've turned this off, it seems to be fixed. BUT any other report from something else would still do the same, but much less frequently.

This explains why most people don't have a problem, most people don't use groups. Also explains testing. Giving the app to people to use and "test" is a VERY VERY poor test methodology, there needs to be a clear pattern of regression testing where every option is enabled / disabled and review tested. This is normal testing work methodology. One software firm I worked for (you would know them if I mentioned it) would have a test plan of 1 to 2 thousand pages. Without this type of methodology there is no way you'd find many bugs.

I'll give that a go. I'm only following two groups right now. Let's see if unfollowing will help. Thanks.
RacelineUSAMatt

Postby RacelineUSAMatt » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:29 pm

Okay, so unfollowing the groups had no effect whatsoever. The map is still dark and I still can't touch the screen. Only the two lower buttons. Lame. Waze better release a new update to fix this bullshit or else I'm leaving Waze altogether.
RacelineUSAMatt

Postby weeezer14 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:34 pm

JDMxDC4 wrote:Okay, so unfollowing the groups had no effect whatsoever. The map is still dark and I still can't touch the screen. Only the two lower buttons. Lame. Waze better release a new update to fix this bullshit or else I'm leaving Waze altogether.

Just keep in mind that even if Waze realized they goofed and created a fix the same day that 3.7.2 was released, it is Apple who controls how quickly it is released to us users.
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
weeezer14

Postby RacelineUSAMatt » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:40 pm

WeeeZer14 wrote:
JDMxDC4 wrote:Okay, so unfollowing the groups had no effect whatsoever. The map is still dark and I still can't touch the screen. Only the two lower buttons. Lame. Waze better release a new update to fix this bullshit or else I'm leaving Waze altogether.

Just keep in mind that even if Waze realized they goofed and created a fix the same day that 3.7.2 was released, it is Apple who controls how quickly it is released to us users.

You're absolutely right. I guess right now, it's just a waiting game. Thanks.
RacelineUSAMatt

Postby mr1492 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:59 pm

Well, I think I may have solved the issue of pop-ups upon start up freezing the screen, darkening it, and making the application unusable.

I deleted the application completely and shut down my iPhone. I then re-started the iPhone and then reloaded the application from the iTunes store.

It looks like the that might have solved the problem. It worked twice today and did not have the issues which had plagued me for the past several days. I don't know if every step is needed but it worked for me.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4, Waze 3.7.2
mr1492

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:15 am

mr1492 wrote:I deleted the application completely and shut down my iPhone. I then re-started the iPhone and then reloaded the application from the iTunes store.

That is the recommended process on iOS to reinstall. Glad it worked. I wish the "upgrade" of apps worked better.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 10.1.1 | Waze v4.14
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby pwrslider » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:43 am

I too have been frustrated and plagued by dark screens..some weird spot light on the dark screen and unmovable maps.

Quick question....if I delete the app from my iphone 5 and reinstall it..do I lose all my points and such. I just clicked on the app and it said, " Deleting WAZE will also delete all of it's data" :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
pwrslider

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:51 am

pwrslider wrote:Quick question....if I delete the app from my iphone 5 and reinstall it..do I lose all my points and such. I just clicked on the app and it said, " Deleting WAZE will also delete all of it's data" :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

No. As long as you use Waze login as your primary login and not facebook, You will only lose your recently navigated-to items. Favorites and points and frequent destinations are not lost. Points and rank may take a few days to show correctly.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 10.1.1 | Waze v4.14
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby pwrslider » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:54 am

Thanks...will try it then. Love and rely on this app...until recently.
pwrslider

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App