iOS v3.7.2 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS v3.7.2 Official Feedback Thread

Postby scottandlisav » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:21 pm

I noticed the last several hazards, accidents and traffic alerts I posted are showing on the wrong side of the road. For example, I'm traveling I-10E, I report heavy traffic, I go click the icon on the map and it shows heavy traffic I-10W. I thought maybe I hit the direction by accident but confirmed that was not the case. I'm using an iphone 5 with latest version of iOS and latest version of WAZE. I will take a screen capture next time.
scottandlisav

Postby jwriddle » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:34 pm

holmes4 wrote:
eno75 wrote:You'd think with an infusion of 1.5B they'd bring someone in to put out forum fires.

It was only $966M - just enough to recarpet the office.

Cubical decorations, etc

------------------------
Sent from iPhone 4 via Tapatalk 2
jwriddle

Postby holmes4 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:02 pm

eno75 wrote:You'd think with an infusion of 1.5B they'd bring someone in to put out forum fires.

It was only $966M - just enough to recarpet the office.
holmes4

Postby ENO75 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:23 pm

Sure would be nice to see any official feedback whatsoever on why the ap entered sucksville with this update. You'd think with an infusion of 1.5B they'd bring someone in to put out forum fires.
ENO75

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:27 pm

hsk2840 wrote:I have some problems with the app:

2 & 3 may be currently caused by http://status.waze.com/2013/07/24/points-delay-in-na/ and previous to that http://status.waze.com/2013/07/22/point ... orld-na-2/ .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby GizmoGuy411 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:19 am

CylonGlitch wrote:Same problem as Catsintheattic and Mr1492. Yesterday during rush hour there were so many alerts the whole screen was completely black and there was nothing I could do to solve the problem. I found rebooting the phone would let me run it ONCE without these problems.

Sadly the app has become almost completely useless now, you can't touch the map, you often can't see the maps, etc. Bugs, bugs, bugs, these are show stoppers people, they should never have made it out the door. :(

Hope that things get patched soon, the previous version would crash so many times it wasn't funny. Before that, at least things were stable, but now, ugh.

Having same issues.

Latest versions iOS and Waze on iPad 3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
GizmoGuy411
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby Machete808 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:58 pm

Still monitoring, but it seems that lately there have been more problems with the navigation trace snapping to nearby roads and sticking there. GPS signals aren't perfect here, but this seems to be happening in areas where I had no problems previously. Anyone experiencing this?

iOS 6.1.3, iPhone 4, AT&T
Machete808
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby catsintheattic » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:32 am

Have we any response from support?

Turning off notifications has helped incredibly, but it'd be nice to have a real fix.

--sarah

WeeeZer14 wrote:
lgp1985 wrote:Bug
Alerts comes and leave the gray shading over the map, after being closed, making it impossible to interact with the map...
Workaround:
Need a cold start of the app to release the map:
Exit the app;
Kill Waze on the recently used apps;

Reported many, many, many times in this very thread. Everyone please review past reports before posting.
catsintheattic

Postby RoyaltyWoody » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:42 pm

w0rdr wrote:Waze is never finishing the routing process. I'm trying to get a route from Castle Rock, CO to Plattsmouth, NE, it finds the address immediately, says, "let's go" but displays "Calculating Route" endlessly and never draws it on the maps. I've uninstalled and re-installed the program several times, verified that I have internet connection (or I couldn't be submitting this), etc. I used to really love this app, but it hasn't worked on my iPad since 3.7.2 was installed. The iOS version on my iPad is 6.1.3. So far, for this try, Waze has been displaying "Calculating Route" for over an hour, this after the 2nd time I uninstalled and reloaded the app.

I've only checked the following couple of pages quickly and didn't see evidence that you'd gotten a reply. (If you have, please forgive the redundancy.)

From the info you gave, it looks like you were trying to determine the best route for a 500+ mile trip. But Waze is designed for commutes. Its limit is ~200 miles. So, for the trip you were trying to figure out, you'd need to find a couple of mid-points as targets. Then do each of the 3 segments individually.

That's not an update issue.
RoyaltyWoody
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby WeeeZer14 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:15 pm

lgp1985 wrote:Bug
Alerts comes and leave the gray shading over the map, after being closed, making it impossible to interact with the map...
Workaround:
Need a cold start of the app to release the map:
Exit the app;
Kill Waze on the recently used apps;

Reported many, many, many times in this very thread. Everyone please review past reports before posting.
WeeeZer14

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App