iOS v3.7.2 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Recently encountered problems

Postby OldGnome » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:09 pm

I have been using Waze on my iPhone 4S iOS 6.1.3 for many months. I have just encountered two things that I need help with.

1. During the past week, when I was driving a rental car (BMW 328i, if that matters), the audio - connected through the AUX port on the top of the phone - stopped working. When I returned to my car (Hyundai Sonata), connecting through the iPhone port on the bottom of the phone, I no longer get any audio. Music continued to play without a problem in both cars. I have tried changing all of the audio related options in Waze with no improvement. A search in the forums for "audio" rendered nothing of use to me.

2. On my way to church, Waze gets completely confused as to direction and location. It will try to redirect me over a 2-3 mile stretch on a road I use all the time. It will finally recover and find me. I do not get this behavior on the return trip - same exact route, different direction. This doesn't feel like a map problem, because Waze just can't put me in the right place along that section of the route. I'n not even sure how to phrase this for a forum search.

If I have missed threads or posts on either of these, my apologies. Any directions or suggestions you can make are most gratefully appreciated.

For the record, I have been using Waze as my navigation app for nearly a year. I have tried a number of others, but none can match the functionality and stability I typically see in Waze.
OldGnome

Re: iOS v3.7.2 Official Feedback Thread

Postby NasBrenton » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:14 am

Your automatic day/night map colour schemes are totally incorrect and have been for several years! When are you going to fix them for Australia. FYI 8am is not night!
ImageImage
Area Manager: Victoria, Australia
NasBrenton

Tap Problem

Postby mszd » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:47 pm

Several Waze reporting functions on my iPhone, including such things as "Vehicle Stopped on Shoulder," require so many taps - often 4 or 5 - that I'm going to have to abandon using them. Others, such as "Traffic Jams," always work first time, every time. Is there a fix for this?
A related question -- I turned on error logging when I thought that I was going to send the previous problem to Waze via that approach. Do I need to turn off the logging, or does that take care of itself?
Thanks for your help, and thanks for Waze. I wouldn't dream of driving without it!
mszd

Postby mrsmith66 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:02 pm

Waze for iOS 3.7.2
iPhone 5
iOS 6.1.4

using both solid WiFi and Verizon LTE strong signal ....

I have no FB friends on the All Friends screen, even though I have friends on the Scoreboard Friends screen (which is slow to load).

Is this a rush hour server capacity issue, or something on my end?
mrsmith66
State Manager
State Manager

Postby mr1492 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:59 pm

Well, I think I may have solved the issue of pop-ups upon start up freezing the screen, darkening it, and making the application unusable.

I deleted the application completely and shut down my iPhone. I then re-started the iPhone and then reloaded the application from the iTunes store.

It looks like the that might have solved the problem. It worked twice today and did not have the issues which had plagued me for the past several days. I don't know if every step is needed but it worked for me.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4, Waze 3.7.2
mr1492

Postby mr1492 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:33 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
CylonGlitch wrote:... Horrible, Horrible testing.

Can't agree. Dozens, maybe in the hundreds of beta testers did not experience that and there are thousands of iPhone 5 users who do not experience it to this day. Test will never be able to find all the bugs.

Perhaps you can't agree but we can. This app is now in the toilet! Because it is cr*p as currently issued. They must have done something between the beta test and the final issue because it has definitely "plopped" somewhere bad. This behavior happened just after an update of the app. It functioned well before the update and doesn't function at all now.

I personally don't care how happy the beta testers were. I (and a number of others) are unhappy now.
mr1492

Postby mr1492 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:34 pm

CylonGlitch wrote:Sadly the app has become almost completely useless now, you can't touch the map, you often can't see the maps, etc. Bugs, bugs, bugs, these are show stoppers people, they should never have made it out the door. :(

I have to concur that the application is, at this point, useless. The pop-ups are random. I tried setting virtually every option and I still get notices of things miles and miles and miles away. The screen goes dark and cannot function. The screen gets progressively darker until you can't read it. The little white "here it was" dot cannot be removed.

I also cannot figure out why on God's green earth someone wrote software that has the location jump away from where I want to go and see where I am to looking at a map location important to someone else!!! And why can I not turn this "feature" off!!!

If this isn't fixed, I just cannot use this application anymore and will not recommend to anyone else that they use it. It is broken completely.

Someone at Waze drank too much of the Google Kool-Aid!!! Quit partying over the millions each of you is going to make and fix the application!
mr1492

Postby mr1492 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:17 pm

maucal wrote:When an alert appears and disappears, the maps are in gray.
So:

I close the application and restarting, but the error appear again

Iphone 3gs, IOS 6.1.2

I am having the same problem. Plus, the map screen is unresponsive to touch commands but the settings buttons work. Closing the application does not solve the problem. I will uninstall and reinstall to see if that solves the problem.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4, waze 3.7.2
mr1492

Postby MikeMcCollister » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:58 pm

invented wrote:Why don't you make iPhone send audio through the dock connector? It's much better. You just have to double-click Home, go over to the 'Send To' icon, and select Dock Connector.

Because when I put my iPhone in the USB port it for some reason favors Bluetooth. I have to start some music and select Ford Sync on the iPhone and then pause the music. It is much easier while driving to change the source on Ford Sync via the built-in radio. Not impressed with Ford Sync at all.

Mike
MikeMcCollister

Postby MikeMcCollister » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:46 pm

OK, I have found that Waze has been crashing quite a bit from at least version 3.7. With version 3.7.2 it is still crashing for me. I have been able to reproduce it so here are the steps:

1. Have car (in this case a Ford Fusion) with both Bluetooth and USB iPhone connector.
2. Plug phone into USB connector.
3. At this point Ford Sync expects audio to come from the USB connection but my iPhone 4S is expecting audio to be transferred via Bluetooth.
4. Start navigation.
5. Drive a few miles without any count coming out of the car’s sound system.
6. Configure Ford Sync to have the media input be Bluetooth instead of USB.
7. Within a few seconds Waze crashes.
8. Start Waze up again and it asks if I want to resume the navigation and I respond with a “yes”. At this point it gets a little confusing in that Waze seems to ask again about finding the navigation. When I click on “OK” (or whatever) at this point Waze crashes again.
9. Start Waze again and all seems to be working.

Let me know if you need more details on this.

Regards,

Mike
MikeMcCollister

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App