iOS v3.7.2 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS v3.7.2 Official Feedback Thread

Postby matthewccna » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:02 pm

I hope this is the correct form area for this issue, I’m in Canada, v3.7.2 on iOS when trying to enter gas prices I have found 2 issues:
1 The decimal for the cent is defaulting to 9 which is not always the case

2 When I enter the prices for gas at my local Costco I received an error “Sorry, but the prices you entered don’t seem to be valid” (which they are 129.9 as 1.299 regular and 139.9 as 1.399 for premum)
Attachments
photo.PNG
error picture
(56.36 KiB) Downloaded 952 times
matthewccna

Postby omba_de » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:45 pm

giusmang wrote:Inizio: 9.4205 - 45.24945
Fine: 9.43225 - 45.25754

Lungo la statale ss235, nel tratto compreso tra i due punti sopra indicati, ci sono problemi.
Se cerco d'impostare un itinerario che comprende quel tratto, mi compare sempre l'errore:
internal server routing error.
Naturalmente non crea nessuna guida.
Grazie.

I think this is Not a matter of the iOS, but of the segments.
Try to post this in the Italian forum.
Including a permalink. Because with those coordinates it's more than difficult to find that road :-?
And there are more Italian-speaking-people i guess.

Gracie ;)
omba_de
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby giusmang » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:04 pm

Inizio: 9.4205 - 45.24945
Fine: 9.43225 - 45.25754

Lungo la statale ss235, nel tratto compreso tra i due punti sopra indicati, ci sono problemi.
Se cerco d'impostare un itinerario che comprende quel tratto, mi compare sempre l'errore:
internal server routing error.
Naturalmente non crea nessuna guida.
Grazie.
giusmang

Postby sketch » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:09 pm

jasonh300 wrote:Isn't App Radio an Android platform?

As far as I can tell, Pioneer AppRadio works with certain iPhone and Android phones, and JVC AppLink works only with the iPhone.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:51 pm

Isn't App Radio an Android platform?
jasonh300

Postby jwriddle » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:40 pm

planchard9 wrote:Any guesses what I am doing wrong?

They still make JVC radios? :p

... I kid, I kid. I'm actually impressed with your motivation to try this out and share. Cheers.

------------------------
Sent from iPhone 4 via Tapatalk 2
jwriddle

Postby planchard9 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:52 pm

Hello, the latest version of Waze says it supports JVC app radio. I upgraded the firmware for the radio (1.05) as the JVC website told me to (to support WAZE). However when I connect to my JVC KW-AV60BT it does nothing different than the previous version; it only displays the phone output only. I cannot manipulate WAZE at all directly from the JVC unit.

I found this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8lgkeecxAE which shows me that I should have the capability of input from the JVC yet when I plug into mine, it is read only (depressing the JVC screen does absolutely nothing). It looks like from the video that Waze goes into some sort of output mode on the iphone. When I plug mine in it does nothing, it acts as though nothing was plugged in (I still have to manipulate from the iphone).

Any guesses what I am doing wrong?
planchard9

Postby tallyg8tor » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:08 pm

invented wrote:I had a "Calculating Route, Please Wait" prompt stay on the screen for 13 minutes today.

w0rdr wrote:Waze is never finishing the routing process. I'm trying to get a route from Castle Rock, CO to Plattsmouth, NE, it finds the address immediately, says, "let's go" but displays "Calculating Route" endlessly and never draws it on the maps. I've uninstalled and re-installed the program several times, verified that I have internet connection (or I couldn't be submitting this), etc. I used to really love this app, but it hasn't worked on my iPad since 3.7.2 was installed. The iOS version on my iPad is 6.1.3. So far, for this try, Waze has been displaying "Calculating Route" for over an hour, this after the 2nd time I uninstalled and reloaded the app.

I have the same problem since 3.6.

After opening, I'll get a suggestion for my destination. It will countdown to go, and then I'll see calculating route forever. If I open the menu, the calculating route icons remains on the screen obstructing the map. Opening a menu option that shows another calculating style icon will clear out the old icon.

Often, choosing a destination manually will successfully set it and get rid of the calculating icon, but occasionally it won't.

I think I may have to downgrade to 3.5.3.
tallyg8tor

Postby omba_de » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:04 am

joostboers wrote:Repeatedly loss of GPS signal, battery drain

I have a Samsung S Advanced II running Android 4.2

Uhm...
This is the iOS Feedback-thread ;)

Batterie is a Problem in iOS too. But this is Not a matter of waze, but of the poor batteries and the big screens in our devices. Turn the screen off. This will extend your batterie time.
omba_de
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby joostboers » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:47 am

Repeatedly loss of GPS signal, battery drain

I have a Samsung S Advanced II running Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and Waze 3.7.2. Since the last update, I have an issue with loss of GPS signal at any possible moment - it can run fine, or occur after a short while. Restarting the app or even the phone don't make that much of a difference. Risks of this happening are higher when
- I had an incoming call
- I get out of a tunnel
but it also will happen on a motorway in open field - i.e. free GPS satellite view with barely 'disrtactions' like turnings to make or other directions to give. Running the TomTom app which also is on my phone, or Google Navigation never lead to these issues. A couple of times, the app spontaneously quits.

The other downside is that the battery seems to drain even when connected to the charger in the car when running Waze. Before, the battery always charged (adding charge) when driving and using Waze.

Looking forward to improvements here!

Kind regards - Joost
joostboers
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App