Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Deleting account does not work!!! Waze keeps all my routes!

Post by jeromec71
Hi.

I asked for the deletion of my Waze account 16 days ago (on the day of the Google purchase announcement) using the instructions found on http://world.waze.com/support/ typing "delete account".
This is through a form at http://tinyurl.com/delWaze
One of these 2 pages used to indicate that acount deletion requests were handled in 72 hours but I cannot find this indication anymore.

After 16 days (and a second identical request 9 days ago, where I recorded the process)
- my account still works and has not been deleted,
- Waze has not even sent me a mail acknowledging my request (this is why I made a second request and recorded it),
- all the routes I have been with Waze (since end of 2011 in my case) are still stored in Waze servers and attached to my mail and Waze ID.

This last point is the reason why I want to delete my account. You cannot delete any past routes from Waze servers (Waze states in a FAQ that this detailed info, attached to your account, is required in order for Waze to make its calculation - this looks like total BS to me : why could the data for example not be anonymized?)
You can see all your past routes by clicking on the map editor in your dashboard on world.waze.com

I would really like someone from Waze reading this and getting serious about this. It would be very nice, and certainly more legal, to show some care for users' data and privacy.

Thanks in advance,
Jérôme.
jeromec71

POSTER_ID:4776406

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I suggest submitting a ticket via the Quick Help box on the Support page. You'll have to click through for a while until the bottom of the box has a link to email them.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by jeromec71
Thanks Alan.

It was not easy to find on what to click in order to get to an email page but I finally did it.

I hope to get an answer (and have my request processed) quickly.
jeromec71
Send a message

Post by tsnk
I have had exactly the same problem. And it really frustrates me that they make it very hard to find out how on earth to contact them.
tsnk
Send a message