These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze on the BB Q10

Post by mnmikeinsc
Will a "native" "built for" BB Q10 version of Waze be developed? A straight download and install?
mnmikeinsc

POSTER_ID:5197390

Send a message

Post by DGloudemans
Hello there, i start using Waze on my Q10 these week and it works great (im even running a leaked BB10 os 10.2.1.2234). Only things, sometimes the app shuts down, and i just have to restart it and it works again. To bad / sad that i can not use a other gps app, called FlitsNav next to it.

Also strange is that in BB World Waze is available for Z10/Z30, but not Q10, but the Android app works great so Waze why not create a native Q10 app for us? It is not that hard?
DGloudemans
Send a message

Post by HewJorgan
I have Waze working on my Q10. I downloaded it from Amazon Appstore (Android). It is an older version available there. I also tried to download the latest version via Snap from the Google play store, but it would not run. Waze is awesome!
HewJorgan
Send a message

Post by TomVanWint
I've got version 3.7.8.0 running on my BB Q10 through 1MobileMarket, runs great, save a few annoying bugs.
- Warning sounds are not played through the speaker of my BB Q10.
- When I use my BB Q10 as a media device on my car speakers using BlueTooth, it does give me warning messages, but they sound a bit distorted and come somewhat slow.
- Reporting something is impossible, because the "Send" button is at the bottom of a pop-up frame, but it is impossible to scroll in that frame (has already been reported in a few other posts, scrolling in those pop-up frames is simply impossible on BB, for instance also in the Inbox).

As you can see, some minor bugs I can live with. Still think that Waze is one of the greatest apps ever! 8-)
TomVanWint
Send a message