Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by CapnChao5
Hi. Apple iPhone 6+ running latest software. Two issues;
* screen dims/goes to black after three mins
* voice commands do not Lincoln with my Senna SM5 Bluetooth device on my helmet. I do occasionally get the 'WARNING' messages and today - after 75 miles of silence - it gave me directions when I was on a call to someone. Senna updated as is iphone.

Frustrating. Frustrating. Frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CapnChao5
Send a message

Post by captkras
I get this behavior. I submitted screen caps and logs yesterday, right after it occured, and according to support, they (the devs) are looking at it.
captkras
Send a message

Post by DippyDawg32
My screen goes black, too, on my iPhone when I've opened it and simply rotate the phone from Portrait to Landscape. That seems to be the only time it does it for me...but it always comes back, then all is good. No issues after that little 'black out'.
DippyDawg32
Send a message

Post by DippyDawg32
I've had something similar, too; however, when mine has occurred it is when I'm mounting it the holder and my hand cover the camera eye thus simulating a 'wave' to ask me what I want to do, but then the screen goes very dark. I have to actually lock the phone and unlock and that seems to clear it. This only occurs with Waze, never during any other app. Kinda strange. Hasn't happened any other way as previously described by others.
DippyDawg32
Send a message

Post by dirgela
I do not see any effect. Today the bug was there as usual.
dirgela
Send a message
iPhone 4S

Post by ehuff
I wonder if the people having this problem experience it when they are stopped for a short time (red light, stop sign, ext...). From what I see in these screen shots, it looks like it is happening when the speed has gone to 0. I know I used to have a problem with in-app ads, and other area alerts not populating correctly which would give me that grey screen. Haven't seen in a while though.
ehuff
Send a message

Post by esanoche
I've have the same problem - The screen goes black just after a report pops up. Waze is unusable afterwards. I depend on it every day. iPhone 5, IOS 6
esanoche
Send a message

Post by JasiuSDino
That happens to me too on my IPhone. Very annoying, when will they fix it?
JasiuSDino
Send a message
***POW/MIA You Are Not Forgotten***

Post by Jezbod
It's still an issue on the new (3.8.1) version. Upgraded last night an I now get this problem when I had not experienced it before.
The prevent auto lock is on and the "background app refresh" setting is set as well.
I'm running iOS 7.0.4 on a iPhone 4.
Jezbod
Send a message

Post by Jpkeo
2 days ago after driving for 5 hours we tried to post a car on the side of the road and hit the camera button by mistake. Shortly after that the screen went black. When I restarted Waze the map poped up where we were, but then, about 15 seconds after it went black. I could not get the map to stay on. Then while returning home yesterday the app performed well for 6 hours of driving. Today I tried to post something and again hit the Camera button in error and Waze went into the black screen mode. Most of the posts in this topic seem to come from over a year ago. Is this a recurring issue.
I have an I-Phone 5 running ver. 7.12.

Help, I really enjoy this app.
Jpkeo
Send a message