These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Maps not refreshing on my iPhone

Post by dilallio
I've been using Waze for over a year and love it.
I'm using the latest release of Waze on a 32GB iPhone 4s running iOS 6.1.3

About a month ago, my iPhone's memory became completely full. From that moment while wazing near home, the maps appeared on my iPhone normally, but when I traveled outside of a radius of a couple of kilometers from home, the maps disappeared and my screen was blank.

Even after deleting medial until I had 3GB free, the maps still will not appear. My data connection is fine and works perfectly, and Waze does not display any error. In fact, if I run Google Maps or Apple Maps, the maps load correctly, but not in Waze. This leads me to conclude that the issue is in Waze, and not my iPhone or network. When this occurs, I've also stopped and checked to see if I can browse websites (to verify my network connection) and I can see the websites ok.

I've deleted and re-installed Waze and even reset my iPhone, but the problem still persists. I am not using any VPN or proxy.

Can anyone help with suggestions please?

dilallio (John)
dilallio

POSTER_ID:8899139

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
If you haven't already, go to Settings->Advanced->Data Transfer>Refresh map.

If that doesn't work, do these steps: Delete Waze, reboot phone (home+power until the logo re-appears), re-download Waze from the App store (not from iTunes). If you don't do those steps in that order, Waze may not be fully deleted by iOS.

And to make sure, when you drive around, you must have a mobile data connection as Waze pulls map data dynamically.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by dilallio
If you haven't already, go to Settings->Advanced->Data Transfer>Refresh map.
Hi Alan, Thanks for taking the time to reply to my issue. It is greatly appreciated.
I tried refreshing the map but no improvement I'm afraid.
If that doesn't work, do these steps: Delete Waze, reboot phone (home+power until the logo re-appears), re-download Waze from the App store (not from iTunes). If you don't do those steps in that order, Waze may not be fully deleted by iOS.
I tried this, again without any improvement.
I had to sign onto the app store using a new userid, as apple do not allow you to delete purchased apps from your appstore account, and it was trying to download the app from the cloud.
And to make sure, when you drive around, you must have a mobile data connection as Waze pulls map data dynamically.
Again, no luck with this.

The really annoying thing is that this has happened before, but I cannot recall the exact steps which fixed the issue.
My mobile data connection is definitely working for all other apps - just not for Waze, and I am not seeing any error such as the red writing at the top indicating no network coverage.
I have now uninstalled and reinstalled over 20 times trying different things.
I do remember the last time that this happened, even restoring the phone to factory settings and restoring my apps did not work.
dilallio
Send a message

dilallio
Send a message