These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze is linked to FB friends. I'm not receiving bonus candy.

Post by
My Waze app has successfully connected to my Facebook friends. I can see my list of 18 Facebook friends who use waze when I click on friends in the app menu. I can also view my ranking in relation to my Facebook friends in terms of points. I have been a wazer and connected to Facebook for over 20 days and I still haven't received my bonus candy for 1 friend or 5 friends. I have tried disconnecting and reconnected from Facebook and logging in and out of my waze account. I've restarted my phone and I've even reinstalled the app to try and see if it would reconnect to my friends list in order to award the bonus candy. I've tried clearing the cache and app data on my phone as well in case there was some stale data somewhere. I have received bonus candy for other things, but not my friends?

POSTER_ID:16780213

Send a message

Post by danhazard
leapdog1 wrote:
Kuhlkatz wrote:
leapdog1 wrote:So how do you contact support directly? I have been round and round in the loop form the instructions you provided and I firstly- don't get why it is son cryptic and secondly nothing in any of that tells me how to contact support directly only to please do so if I need more help.
By reading.....

In the post just above yours , I said exactly what you should do. Read the FAQ in the wiki, specifically point no 35, which at the end has a step by step guide of exactly how to get to the support form.
The heading of that is 'nanoRep - Quick Help'

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
That is absolutely NOT helpful. and neither is your tone. As I said I have been through that loop several times. All it does is says to use quick help(less) and the forums. I have three different posts going and still have not got my answer or any help.
Hrm, I responded in another thread of yours but then I went and double checked the information in the wiki, and it turns out that it's a bit misleading, BUT it is mostly correct. Someone should update it. I was able to successfully navigate to the report section though, and I'll go through the steps for you here.

This is exactly what I did:

I went to www.waze.com/support/

I typed Candy into the quick help bar (you can type whatever you want, but since the problem here is candy, I searched for that.)

The results for Candy are informative if you don't know what it is, but don't help at all if you want to report that you haven't gotten any. I scrolled down and clicked: "Still can't find what you are looking for? Click here."

You are brought to a menu with some options. At the bottom you will notice a link that says: Next>>, click this.

On this page now you will see several more options. I clicked on "Problems with my Waze account."

Once again, a new list, however, if you look at the bottom you will see the text you have been searching for, as described in the Wiki: "If you cannot find your answer, please click here to contact us"

You will notice that "here" is a hyperlink, click it, and you will be brought to a form you can fill out to get help. You must input your username and some other information and describe the issue you are experiencing. (ex. I'm not getting my candy blah blah blah)

I hope that helps and finally answers your question.
danhazard
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message

Post by fveggerby
Kuhlkatz wrote:As mentioned in various other threads on 'Candies not unlocking', you will need to contact support directly.
Have a look at the Wiki FAQ and look at FAQ no 35. There are links to nanoRep from there, and the process on how to contact support.

If you type "achievements not unlocking" in the Quick Search bar, you'll get a writeup and an instruction that reads "Please contact us if you didn't get candies that you collected." at the bottom.

The FAQ does have the detail how to get to the form that needs to be filled in.
Well, I can't find anything anywhere on how to contact. :(
fveggerby
Send a message

Post by fveggerby
Thanks Carel.

I found out why I haven't got my candy yet.

jwriddle pointed me directly to the "solution" in nanorep.

When browsing to it, no problem.
I tried, just for fun, to type some of the keywords from the "solution" into the searchbox, and it never found it. :(

Problem was I looked/browsed in the "wrong" section.
I browsed "Points", but the "solution" was (on the next page) under "Problems with my Waze account"

I found a lot of other solutions, that had nothing to do with my problem, and everywhere it says something like "If problem persist, contact us"
But no information about how or where to contact.

That's what I was posting about.

I still haven't found any support form anywhere, but now I don't need it. :)
fveggerby
Send a message

Post by fveggerby
Yes, problem is resolved.

I found out, to get "First problem report" candy activated, I nedd to report a problem, AND solve it myself.

Weird thing is, today I drove to a specific place, I knew had a probelm, reported the problem, and then on my way home to solve it.
About 25 km'ish later I got the candy????????????

This is indeed weird.
I reported several problems before, and no candy.

Well, I wont bother about this anymore. (I got candy) :)
Also, it's a 1 time thing, so I can't test further.
fveggerby
Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
As mentioned in various other threads on 'Candies not unlocking', you will need to contact support directly.
Have a look at the Wiki FAQ and look at FAQ no 35. There are links to nanoRep from there, and the process on how to contact support.

If you type "achievements not unlocking" in the Quick Search bar, you'll get a writeup and an instruction that reads "Please contact us if you didn't get candies that you collected." at the bottom.

The FAQ does have the detail how to get to the form that needs to be filled in.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by Kuhlkatz
leapdog1 wrote:So how do you contact support directly? I have been round and round in the loop form the instructions you provided and I firstly- don't get why it is son cryptic and secondly nothing in any of that tells me how to contact support directly only to please do so if I need more help.
By reading.....

In the post just above yours , I said exactly what you should do. Read the FAQ in the wiki, specifically point no 35, which at the end has a step by step guide of exactly how to get to the support form.
The heading of that is 'nanoRep - Quick Help'

Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by Kuhlkatz
I have updated the Wiki FAQ page to include the proper instructions.
The direct link to the support form was removed some time ago to reduce the amount of tickets opened for answers that the 'Quick Help' section could provide with a quick search. The Wiki was then updated accordingly.
It seems that another set of categories was added in the interim, causing the 'endless loop' that did not provide the link.

Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by Kuhlkatz
fveggerby wrote:Well, I can't find anything anywhere on how to contact. :(
Maybe the mistake was mine in stating you should 'look at' Question 35.
Instead of just looking at it, you should read through the "nanoRep - Quick Help" section in Question no 35 - How do I get support for my Waze question in the Waze Wiki Frequently Asked Questions section.

There is a step-by-step guide on how to search for answers yourself on nanoRep, and if you do not find an answer, it will lead you to the support form. This is embedded in the steps and is just to ensure that everyone doesn't log a support request for every time they don't feel like reading up on something themselves, and prefer to get the solution spoon-fed to them.

We are trying to help you, at least try to meet us halfway ....
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by Kuhlkatz
No problem - main thing is : did you at least get your problem resolved ?
Simple terms sometimes get better results. Just typing in 'points' gets all the applicable topics that relate.
Just typing in 'candies' should get you an explanation of what they are, another section on some holiday goodies and the section on what to do if you did not get the achievement. The last section titled Achievements won't unlock indicates to contact us if you did not get candies you collected, the only snag is there is no more direct link to contact support.

Now that you are sure that support should be contacted, the last few Wiki FAQ steps indicates how to do that. As the Wiki is supposed to be our handbook, that process should always reflect the correct steps and should be fixed if it doesn't.
Wiki links that provide the answers "should" always remain correct, even if the process steps changes again. Posted answers in the forum remain static, so might indicate the wrong solution again 2 months from now.

On the 'support' section layout for the 'New' web layout, the original 'Ask an Agent by : Email' link is back, but I'm not sure that this will remain as is when it eventually goes live. If so, the process will likely change back again similar to what it was before the direct link was removed earlier this year.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by leapdog1
So how do you contact support directly? I have been round and round in the loop form the instructions you provided and I firstly- don't get why it is son cryptic and secondly nothing in any of that tells me how to contact support directly only to please do so if I need more help.
leapdog1
Send a message