Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
miriamgh
Send a message

Post by mrbebop
I am experiencing the same problems on my recently 4.3'd Galaxy S3.

Or, as my Waze app would now say it:

"..cing the..3'd....xy S3."

Reboot, tweak settings, wander the internets looking for work-arounds.... nothing.

This is pathetic, folks. It has been publicly known to be a crippling failure for months. I don't know if it is an OS issue or a Waze issue, but since the OS and the app now come from the same damn company, folks like me don't much care.

Waze definitely had a better idea for nav, but this is truly lousy execution. Unless it is fixed soon, I'll be deleting it and finding something else.
mrbebop
Send a message

Post by MrsTicklefeather
I am using Waze on Samsung Galaxy SIII. Last night my phone did an update to Android 4.3. Today, the sound navigation started malfunctioning. I have done nothing new to Waze. I have the voice set to Tom (which uses street names). Instead of saying, "Turn left on Martin Smith Avenue," it now spits out, "...enue." Only the last word, partial word, or nothing. Very frustrating! I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Help!
MrsTicklefeather
Send a message

Post by msheehan22
that fixed it for me
msheehan22
Send a message

Post by OiledAmoeba
I just wanted to say:
"Maybe it's a Waze-Bug, but de facto it is known as a Bug of Android 4.3+. For Android the Bug is to use internal speaker in the Waze Menu. If you tick this checkbox to off and don't use Bluetooth (your mobile then must use internal speaker by itself) TTS works nice."

But I read in this thread about iOS having this trouble, too...
ali_ali_ali wrote:[...] still no sound at all. [...]
Are you sure that you haven't (accidently) shut off Waze-Voice? In the Main Menu there is a speaker sign in the upper left corner. Do you see <))) ? Maybe you accidently pressed this button so Waze only speaks for warnings <! or nothing <x (The < is symbolic for the pic of a speaker)
OiledAmoeba
Send a message
Gruß
Florian
=/\=

https://s.waze.tools/c3s.png https://s.waze.tools/beta.png
RTC-Manager Hannover; AM Hannover, Traben-Trarbach/Wittlich, Ostfriesland
Beta-Leader

Post by OiledAmoeba
Also my 4.3-powered Phone couldn't play clear sound to BT-speaker. It's equal of using Waze or any other app playing sound. So I go with the Waze-Stuff that this is a Android Problem (but Waze have to search for a workaround for this. Or Google must fix this for Android in general)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk
OiledAmoeba
Send a message
Gruß
Florian
=/\=

https://s.waze.tools/c3s.png https://s.waze.tools/beta.png
RTC-Manager Hannover; AM Hannover, Traben-Trarbach/Wittlich, Ostfriesland
Beta-Leader

Post by omarsg2002
I'm having the same reported problem with navigation voice since yesterday when I upgraded my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.3 from 4.1. It was working fine before the upgrade. Now, most of the time I don't hear any of the voice prompts or else hear chopped up sentences.
omarsg2002
Send a message

Post by pilory
Still open on my Samsung 3 with 4.3. Saw this critical issue open from August 2013. Very strange how Waze did not fix it yet.
pilory
Send a message

Post by rpinedafl
I had the same problem, the voice instructiions didn't work. But I could hear the notifications. I just realize you can configure the sound for "only for notifications", "mute" and "all the sounds". I had configured "only notifications". I just change it and works everything!!! The option is in the menu of waze, in the up left corner there is a speaker icon. Click there and change the options.
rpinedafl
Send a message

Post by sasperella
Well I've turned off 'sound to phone speaker' and it seems to have solved the issue. Only thing is one of the great things about my car is you can connect phone by blue tooth and it's got a lovely lcd display with address book etc, so phone connected via bluetooth then you can listen to radio, cd, sd card etc etc and when a call comes thru take it hands free.

So if I then don't turn bluetooth on whilst using waze I can't take calls thru car, or if I turn bluetooth on I'll only be able to listen to music from phone and there's a good chance directions will be dodgy again. The reason I turned to waze from google was the ability to send commands to phone speaker ever when bluetooth connected so I could still listen to media input of my choice in car.

So frustrating waze was brill up till Android upgrade, surely this can be fully fixed soon
sasperella
Send a message