These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

V3.7.3.0 iOS uses MUCH more battery than previous version

Post by JPxusked
I just updated the version on my iPhone to version 3.7.3 this morning. I have been using this app for almost a year - just about every day for the exact same drive. I love this app. Everyday it uses about 15% of my battery in either direction (to or from work). Pretty much a constant over the entire last year. However, today - after upgrading the SW it used 33% of my battery. Significant difference, significant problem!!!!!

-Joe
JPxusked

POSTER_ID:16788883

Send a message

Post by quezxlv
I noticed the same problem with the newest version. With the previous version, even if I was to charge my phone as I was driving, it would charge just fine; but now, I feel ike it charges much more slowly with the latest version. I wrote a review for Waze in the App store and mentioned this battery issue there as well. Hopefully the Waze team can identify this problem and get this fixed.
quezxlv
Send a message