Android v3.7.3 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Waze search not working

Postby edmcman » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:35 pm

The search functionality in Waze intermittently stops working for me until I "Delete data" under the Waze application settings. When search is not working, if I search for something, the only search provider that is displayed is my local contact list. As you can imagine, this is very annoying.

I am running Waze 3.7.3.1 on a Samsung Galaxy S3.

These people seem to be having the same problem: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=657&t=63208
edmcman

The application is restarted.

Postby dr_grijando » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:15 am

When waze is running, I hit the magnifying glass icon to enter an address and the application is restarted. Please fix that. Thank you.
(Is running in a Samsung Galaxy Mini)
dr_grijando

Search Function Broken (Bug Report)

Postby brone44 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:50 am

Here's my (recent) problem, using Android 3.7.3 on a Nexus 4 phone, in the US: I cannot search for destinations. When I try, I get a "No Results Found" message. If I uninstall and reinstall Waze, search works for about a day, then stops working again. Everything else works fine. This has happened three times over the last two weeks. I submitted my log files.
Any ideas? I apologize if I'm in the wrong forum, but it's confusing trying to figure out exactly where and how to submit bug reports. I like Waze a lot, but if this can't be fixed, I will have to go back to Google maps.
brone44

Road Closure Arrows

Postby yksnirk » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:08 am

Hi,
I know there are a few topics on the road closure, but I couldn't find the answer to this, so here goes:
I was driving along a 'main' road and noticed that one of the side streets i was driving past was closed for resurfacing. I clicked on the Road Closure feature, which brought up a screen showing the immediate streets around me with arrows at the beginning of each streets. Waze client instructed me to click on the arrow to signify which road was closed, but the arrows weren't clickable at all - I tried to click on the arrows and nothing happened. I tried to close and restart the client but that didn't help at all. Do I need a certain rank to mark the road as closed (I'm only a noob - level 1)? and if so, why is the option there on my client to begin with?
I am running Release 3.7.3.0 on my Android smartphone (Android version 4.1.1)
yksnirk

Re: nove WME a livemap

Postby foxitrot » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:35 pm

Take it positively :-) Maybe you were the last necessary impulse to convince the system, that the others should get re-routed.

There always have to be a few stuck inside to correctly judge the jam severity.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: iOS 3.7.3 official feedback thread (replacement thread)

Postby omba_de » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:02 am

emercer wrote:I just traded my Galaxy Gio for a Galaxy Relay 4G and when I installed Waze on it, (version 3.7.3.0) I realized I cannot download any voice prompt languages, the only options available are English, Japanese and Hebrew (also for the interface). I usually run Waze in English, but since I'm a lazy Brazilian living in Estonia, I live my voice prompts in Brazilian Portuguese. I had this option before, so it problably is a bug related either to my network (EMT), my new home country (Estonia), my device (Samsung Galaxy Relay 4G) or Waze itself. Any ideas?

Hi emercer...
This is the iOS topic. Not android ;)
But... The full audio guidance is only available in English, or the language you reside in. If you want Portuguese, or what ever, you have to choose "minimal guidance".
This is the ios-way. But I guess it's similar to android ;)
Last edited by edsonajj on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post moved from iOS Topic
omba_de
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Re: iOS 3.7.3 official feedback thread (replacement thread)

Postby emercer » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:20 am

I just traded my Galaxy Gio for a Galaxy Relay 4G and when I installed Waze on it, (version 3.7.3.0) I realized I cannot download any voice prompt languages, the only options available are English, Japanese and Hebrew (also for the interface). I usually run Waze in English, but since I'm a lazy Brazilian living in Estonia, I live my voice prompts in Brazilian Portuguese. I had this option before, so it problably is a bug related either to my network (EMT), my new home country (Estonia), my device (Samsung Galaxy Relay 4G) or Waze itself. Any ideas?
emercer

Re: Android v3.7.3 Official Feedback Thread

Postby paulkok_my » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:34 am

Guys, the client version 3.7.6.0 for Android is out. :mrgreen:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby nikloca » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:41 pm

Cannot log-in in Htc Wildfire buzz
nikloca

Postby tonestertm » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:36 am

For those having problems with shutdowns and GPS issues after upgrading, try uninstall and reinstall. Seems to be working for me... so far.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Next

Return to Waze App