These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by sidfiz
Guill007 wrote:Version 3.7.3.1 is not behaving: it reports lost network way too often while in the mean time I'm still receiving emails...
Are Waze servers all saturated ? Or is it a bug ?
Same here.
Sunday evening, had to use another navigation app (that was working just fine) while Waze was unable to get any data... Particularly frustrating as traffic was heavy...
sidfiz
Send a message

Post by siegemeister
mikedotd wrote:With v.3.7.3 police and hazard alerts appear to come up 0.3 miles away, rather than the old behavior of 1 mile (I believe). This is much too short a notice IMO and would prefer either the old behavior or an option to define the distance before notifying these alerts.
I would like to second this. After more driving today (95% freeway), there was only 1 instance where I was not already aware of the alert before receiving the pop-up and audio notification. It would be really nice to have this customizable, or at least speed dependent for now (back to 1 mile for any speed over 50mph or so).

I would also like the ability to choose what type of alerts show as pop-ups (and thus play the audio notification.) My main objective here is to get rid of the plethora of "vehicle stopped on shoulder" popups/audio alerts.
siegemeister
Send a message

Post by slandrum
I am having Waze crash regularly on my Samsung Galaxy S3. It will happen spontaneously while driving to a destination, and seems to happen most often when Waze is attempting to put up an advertisement

Because I'm driving when it happens, I can't stop and fill out a report. I can relaunch Waze, and then it will prompt for resuming the incomplete navigation and and will usually seem to be fine after that.
slandrum
Send a message
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png

Post by slandrum
marcedli wrote:
slandrum wrote:I am having Waze crash regularly on my Samsung Galaxy S3. It will happen spontaneously while driving to a destination, and seems to happen most often when Waze is attempting to put up an advertisement

Because I'm driving when it happens, I can't stop and fill out a report. I can relaunch Waze, and then it will prompt for resuming the incomplete navigation and and will usually seem to be fine after that.
is it a force close with crash message, or simply disappearing and has to be relaunched?

The app goes away and a dialog pops up stating that Waze has stopped running, and I have the option of clicking OK or Report.

Usually, immediately prior to the app crashing, it opens a window suggesting that it's about to display an ad or an alert, and there's the spinning busy icon in the middle of the window for a few seconds then the app crashes.

When I say this happens regularly, It usually happens once every few days. Sometimes it will happen more than once in the same day, but when it does happen more than once in a day, it's not happening immediately after a prior crash.

I also had a problem a few weeks back where during morning commute hours (like say around 7-9 am PDT) it would be unable to connect to the Waze server, but that problem seems to have gone away.
marcedli wrote:sometimes android can shoot it down if there are several other things running (radio, camera app, car home etc)
I'm not generally running other apps at the same time. Although there have been times when I have both Waze and Google Navigator (6.14.4) running at the same time when I'm comparing routing options on long trips, especially in rural areas that Waze seems to be inaccurate for, and I don't recall Waze crashing when I was doing that.
slandrum
Send a message
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png

Post by slandrum
Running 3.7.3.1 today I had Waze crash again when it was attempting to bring up an ad when I stopped at an intersection. After relaunch Waze resumed my navigation, and successfully showed ads at other stops.

I did not have debug enabled so can't send logs.
slandrum
Send a message

Post by SocalToe
The routing problems are not the update........

I have the routing problems with 3.7.2
SocalToe
Send a message
Ed

Post by SocalToe
Can't update thru Google play due to low memory.

What's a direct link that up can download app from?
SocalToe
Send a message
Ed

Post by Soruk42
@ienupar I've seen that behaviour on a Samsung Galaxy S (my fiancee's phone), when it was running Froyo - uninstalling an app didn't clean up behind it, so a reinstall then had the wrong ownership to write its data files. A firmware upgrade (to Gingerbread) fixed it. Look in Samsung Kies (ugh... sorry) for an updated firmware for your phone, it may fix this.
Soruk42
Send a message

Post by SrKlein
Waze keeps draining battery even with the app turned off and gps turned off. Battery stats keeps showing waze's gps use growing larger and larger, until I reboot the phone, then it stops.
I've tried turning off waze before and after turning off gps, but it doesn't matter how it will keep draining my battery if i dont reboot my phone.

This issue is happening on a Rooted Nexus 4 with Stock Android 4.3
SrKlein
Send a message

Post by SrKlein
marcedli wrote:
SrKlein wrote:Waze keeps draining battery even with the app turned off and gps turned off. Battery stats keeps showing waze's gps use growing larger and larger, until I reboot the phone, then it stops.
I've tried turning off waze before and after turning off gps, but it doesn't matter how it will keep draining my battery if i dont reboot my phone.

This issue is happening on a Rooted Nexus 4 with Stock Android 4.3
try Greenify app from Play, it can kill the process while not in use. However waze can receive push messages since the message system was introduced and probably you will not get these while waze will be "greenified"

Sent with Tapatalk 4
Thanks for the tip, but since this is some kind of bug, i dont want to "patch" it by installing a third party app, I want this to be solved, or i will just use another app that gets the job done.

Its not about push notifications, since I disabled them completely. As I said before, it's got something to do with gps usage, because its the only thing that keeps growing on battery stats for waze. not cpu time, data sent or received or anything, just gps usage.
SrKlein
Send a message