Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by TSinge8
Having the same routing issues. I've been using the Android betas up to today, and the last beta is the same as the current full release. There have been no issues with navigation and routing until today. In fact, I'm unable to update to the "current release".

As a result, it feels to me like the issue is on the server / routing side.
TSinge8
Send a message
iPhone 4 - Area Manager for Colorado Springs, CO

Post by ultragreg
Hazard icons disappear approaching them, and there is no alert ! So People report the hazard again, and there are multiple reports for the same hazard ! --> I think it is a bug of the new system.
Don't know yet if it is the same with Police or Traffic icons.

---
And my phone still reboots while using Waze. I have sent a lot of log with 3.7.2 in debug mode.
It is always the same things with 3.7.3, so I will put the debug mode again. I hope there will be someone who take a look on it.
ultragreg
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
L3 - Ouest Toulouse
Xperia Z2

Post by ultragreg
Gluek wrote:
berestovskyy wrote:
mousepl wrote: 2. Police hazard, traffic hazard? It's not working! Hazards are displayed for 5-10 minutes and then disappearing...
True. The "Alerts time" article says that user's alert should be on a map at least 1 hour, but in fact it disappears after 15 minutes max. This is way too quick (at least for the Poland) IMO.

If it's not a bug or other countries need shorter timeouts then I suggest we set this timeout for 1,5 hours and then divide it by the "Road Rank" (i.e. short timeouts for busy roads).
Same problem for Russia, here in Moscow we need at least 1 hour timeout by default ("thanks" adds +15 minutes, right?), accedints or traffic alerts never ends in 15 minutes.
For me the alert disappears only on the map, but still present on the Reports or Routes Menu.
I have reported a hazard already reported on the map, but disappeared, and I have had only 3 points.
And it seems the bug is with the grouped reports, but need to be confirmed.
ultragreg
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
L3 - Ouest Toulouse
Xperia Z2

Post by usa_nxblxi25
Galaxy S4 Android 4.2.2 (stock) Waze 3.7.3.0

Display issues (intermittent):

After making a turn, the top line of the screen still shows that the turn is pending (for several miles), even though the map continues updating - audio correctly indicates the following turn. This also happens on my daughter's Galaxy S4.

At random points - the "recalculating" circle stays on the screen - won't clear until you stop and resume Waze.

ETA box sometimes disappears from the screen (as noted above).

Reporting - it seems that whenever I try to report anything, I get the Uh-Oh Server Unavailable screen, even in a well-covered area in Los Angeles.

I just upgraded from a Samsung Stratosphere - on that phone, the battery discharged faster than the charger could keep up with it - after 45 minutes on the charger, the battery would be fully discharged. Also, Waze (and the phone) would crash repeatedly.
usa_nxblxi25
Send a message

Post by Vardok
Hello,

I'm really disappointed by the new version. When I start navigation, the application restarts. I can not use the GPS function ...
Where can I retrieve the old 3.7.2.0 version?

Edit : Android 2.3.6 // Samsung Galaxy Y
Vardok
Send a message
L1

Post by Vardok
I try to uninstall and delete Waze folder in my SD. But the navigation don't work any more. When I try to type text in navigation bar, it's force close or restart...
Vardok
Send a message
L1

Post by Vardok
Hello bradstallion !

We found a temporary solution here: viewtopic.php?f=223&t=60066&p=542037 # p542037.

The bug occurs when you saved the address of your home or another address favorite.
You must delete all the rows in the "history" file that is on your SD card in the waze folder.

Hoping that an update fix this issue.
Vardok
Send a message
L1

Post by Vardok
Hello patepat!

We found a temporary solution here: viewtopic.php?f=223&t=60066&p=542037 # p542037.

The bug occurs when you saved the address of your home or another address favorite.
You must delete all the rows in the "history" file that is on your SD card in the waze folder.

Hoping that an update fix this issue.
Vardok
Send a message
L1

Post by Vicentedhl
PROBLEM:
Waze crashes every time I try to enter address for navigation. Tap on search bar or tap on Navigate icon exits the app.

TESTING:
After a lot of testing, I have discovered that this happens when you have favorites saved in your profile. There should be a bug causing waze to crash when it reads the favorites information. I don't know if is in all the telephone models, but at least in my wildfire S happens.

Workaround:
1) Clear data for waze.
2) Accept the contract.
3) When you have the option to login with your existing profile, choose skip.
4) You can use waze as baby wazer.

Note: You will not be able to add points to your profile :(

Please, waze team, solve this bug.

Thank you.
Vicentedhl
Send a message

Post by Vicentedhl
vnfc wrote:Waze has suddenly gone quiet on me... no sound of any kind (navigation, alerts). This happened recently, even before v3.7.3 came out, but updating did not resolve it.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy SIII running Android 4.1.2. I normally use the sound from the phone itself; I don’t route the sound to any Bluetooth or other external speaker.

I've checked the menu (the speaker icon is set to "Sound On") and also the Settings, Sound menu (prompt volume is set to max, play sound to phone speaker is unchecked by default).

I have followed the instruction on the support site to uninstall, delete the waze folder and reinstall... several times. I have tried to revert to an older version of Waze (v 3.7.0).

All to no avail…

Anyone experience the same thing and know of the fix?

Check in the little toolbar that appears on waze, in the left upper corner there is a small speaker icon, press it to enable sound again.
Vicentedhl
Send a message