Android v3.7.3 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Android v3.7.3 Official Feedback Thread

Postby Murphys78 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:32 am

Hi,
I (and somes friends too) can't find the waze group : "GS_Fr" when using the android version. :shock:
I know this group exist because I created it months ago ;)
Please, let me know how my friends can join this group, if they can't find it through the Waze App ?

Thanks for your answer
Bests regards
O.
Murphys78

Problems logging in with Android v3.7.3.1

Postby nikloca » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:08 pm

Hi guys,
here you are my experience upgrading waze app to 3.7.3.1 version

O.S.:android froyo
Device: htc wildfire 'buzz'
Upgraded via google playstore to version 3.7.3.1
Deleted cache and data files
Launched the app
During the wizard i introduced my login/password but the app responded with a wrong login message
I tryed also to introduce login/password via setting menu with the same result

So I dowgraded to 3.2.2.2 and logged in correctly

Thanks in advance,
nikloca
Just an
in some little sicilian towns
nikloca

Postby rigferna » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:25 am

Have a galaxy note 2, with 4,1,2 installed. Have been having issues after this update were waze will turn off by itself after start. Some occasions will work for a couple of minutes others it will turn off almost inmediatly with no error screen. Have tried following
1, uninstall and re install - same problem
2, uninstalled, cleared cache on boot screen, wiped data, reinstalled - same problem
3. Uninstalled, wiped data, rooted, kept stock ROM, installed - same problem
4, wiped dalvik cache - same problem
5. Tried various settings, changed zoom settings, language strings, notifications, just about all but problem continues.
Point to note, on WiFi the program is more stable while on mobile data it is constant.
Same issue with 2g, H+ data speeds. Operator movistat Ecuador.
At this point the program is basically useless.
rigferna

Postby ArtVictorP » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:42 pm

rigferna wrote:Have a galaxy note 2, with 4,1,2 installed. Have been having issues after this update were waze will turn off by itself after start. Some occasions will work for a couple of minutes others it will turn off almost inmediatly with no error screen. Have tried following
1, uninstall and re install - same problem
2, uninstalled, cleared cache on boot screen, wiped data, reinstalled - same problem
3. Uninstalled, wiped data, rooted, kept stock ROM, installed - same problem
4, wiped dalvik cache - same problem
5. Tried various settings, changed zoom settings, language strings, notifications, just about all but problem continues.
Point to note, on WiFi the program is more stable while on mobile data it is constant.
Same issue with 2g, H+ data speeds. Operator movistat Ecuador.
At this point the program is basically useless.

Hi rigferna, have you tried with the 3.7.3 or the 3.7.3.1 version?
ArtVictorP
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Solidjake » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:14 pm

Still no update on the .3 mile alert. Extremely disappointed with Waze.....
Solidjake

Postby ZemnieksDivi » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi i have been using waze for about year and it atcually have got just worse and i am experiancing new glitches that wasnt there a year ago.
Waze seems to freeze at random times also not being able to get network connection. Also while driving it sometimes shows that i am driving on paralel streets and even different directions so gps signal usage is ultra poor for waze. So you might say my phone or signal is issue...but its not. Last few times when i experianced any glitches i stoped and testeted internet and it works great. When waze was freezing getting bad gps signal i switched to different navigation(Navifgator,Be-on-road, osmAnd) and they instantly worked and had good gps signal. In fact i even have driven same routes with different navigation to see if i loose gps signal as it was with waze and nop i didnt loose it a single time and its crazy how more precise other navigators are comparing to waze.
To sum up waze needs to improve alot freezes and signal recieval since i have read from different users the same. Still waze is great software but with a lot of bugs by need of using internet with it.
Realease 3.7.3.1
LG L9 4.1.2
ZemnieksDivi

Postby kd5nrh » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:30 pm

ZemnieksDivi wrote:When waze was freezing getting bad gps signal i switched to different navigation(Navifgator,Be-on-road, osmAnd) and they instantly worked and had good gps signal. In fact i even have driven same routes with different navigation to see if i loose gps signal as it was with waze and nop i didnt loose it a single time and its crazy how more precise other navigators are comparing to waze.

I'm seeing the same problem on a ZTE Flash; after working for a while, Waze completely loses GPS, even though I can see the GPS fix icon in the notification bar. I can switch to any other nav leaving Waze running, and get a good location, but on returning to Waze it still says no GPS.

Also seeing a ridiculous amount of time spent searching for routes in areas where I have excellent 4G signal. Sometimes 15 minutes or more while on surface streets where I need directions within a couple of blocks.

Waze needs to be billed as a beta version (if that; I can't see how it's beyond alpha when it can't perform its primary function) until these problems are fixed.
kd5nrh

Postby rigferna » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi ArtVitorP, I have version 3.7.3.1 installed. Another thing I have noticed is that on various instances it comes up with preparing navigation voice. Also the traffic notifications and others don't come up until I select the report icon and close it.
rigferna

Postby slandrum » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:51 pm

Running 3.7.3.1 today I had Waze crash again when it was attempting to bring up an ad when I stopped at an intersection. After relaunch Waze resumed my navigation, and successfully showed ads at other stops.

I did not have debug enabled so can't send logs.
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 Image
slandrum

Black screen when displaying ads?

Postby TheNuttyBunny » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:35 pm

Hey, I got a nasty and annoying bug for you.

Whenever I stop and ad is displayed on screen, if I press my home button to switch to another app, and if I return to Waze I just see a black screen where the map should be.

Please fix it, its annoying to have ads, but bearable. It just gets on my nerves when patches don't work correctly.

Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337-M)

Also, the support email that you, as developers, place on the Google Play store is meant for that, for support, it's not a placeholder to send the support emails to the trash.

Thanks
TheNuttyBunny

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App