Android v3.7.3 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android v3.7.3 Official Feedback Thread

Postby SocalToe » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:55 am

The routing problems are not the update........

I have the routing problems with 3.7.2
SocalToe

Postby TSinge8 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:22 am

Having the same routing issues. I've been using the Android betas up to today, and the last beta is the same as the current full release. There have been no issues with navigation and routing until today. In fact, I'm unable to update to the "current release".

As a result, it feels to me like the issue is on the server / routing side.
TSinge8

Postby a4bolek » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:41 am

CrackedLCD wrote:Firing up the new version and being able to see street names now on my Droid DNA? It's like I just got a whole new toy again. Thanks!

How come you have not joined beta group? Issue with 1080p device has been fixed two months ago :?:
a4bolek

Postby ArtVictorP » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:35 am

Dzzydvl wrote:
EdFromOhio wrote:
tgp1994 wrote:P.S. Users on the app's page seem to be reporting that there is also lots of crashing with the new update, is this recognized as well? I never saw a crash myself.

It crashed twice on me within an hour, once while simply starting up. It seemed that if I was leaving a wi-fi source and switching to the phone's 4G, Waze couldn't handle it.

Still crashing on start up for me when I use 3G. The app would start, map would load then crash. It would load up the wazers and traffic conditions then would crash out. Sometimes it would work for about a minute or so before crashing out. It doesn't seem to crash on wifi though, sadly I don't have wifi in my car.

This bug was reported on version 3.7.2 and was supposed to be fixed on this one. Sadly it wasn't.

What I figured out was that the app crashed when the following conditions occurred:

1. Android 4.2.1. or less
2. App Version 3.7.2 (and now 3.7.3)
3. Not using Wi-Fi, only Data Connection
4. Some people reported that the app crashed when the language voice was being downloaded or that the map crashed first and the only thing you could see was a blue square on the map with "BIG" written over it.

As I said before, most of the people could use the app only with a Wi-Fi connection.
Can you guys confirm this issue? Does the conditions have changed in anyway? I haven't confirmed if the bug appears on a specific brand or model.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
ArtVictorP
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby gascans » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:01 am

I have a problem with the hands free command recognition after waze has been running for a few minutes. At first the app has no problem recognizing my commands, but when I get out on the road for a little bit, it can't understand me anymore. And it is not just road noise either, because when I stop and the car is quiet, I tried again several time commands like "shutdown", but it still didn't recognize the command. Then I shutdown by menu, and immediately start up again and it had no problem with understanding me again. I can't tell if it is hearing anything because there is no visual feedback on the voice recognition. When the waze app is having trouble, I can switchout to the home screen and the google voice search and even the voice keyboard all understand me just fine.

1) Can you add visual feedback to the microphone icon when I'm speaking? Something like just blinking or pulsing would be good.
2) Does anyone else have trouble with voice/command recognition after the app has been running for 5-10 minutes?

My phone is the HTC Evo V 3D.
gascans

Postby tgp1994 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:56 am

Dzzydvl wrote:It doesn't seem to crash on wifi though, sadly I don't have wifi in my car.

If only...
tgp1994

Postby Dzzydvl » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:54 am

EdFromOhio wrote:
tgp1994 wrote:P.S. Users on the app's page seem to be reporting that there is also lots of crashing with the new update, is this recognized as well? I never saw a crash myself.

It crashed twice on me within an hour, once while simply starting up. It seemed that if I was leaving a wi-fi source and switching to the phone's 4G, Waze couldn't handle it.

Still crashing on start up for me when I use 3G. The app would start, map would load then crash. It would load up the wazers and traffic conditions then would crash out. Sometimes it would work for about a minute or so before crashing out. It doesn't seem to crash on wifi though, sadly I don't have wifi in my car.
Dzzydvl

Postby EdFromOhio » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:42 am

EdFromOhio
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby tgp1994 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:31 am

I wanted to concur on the routing anomalies. I updated my app this afternoon, while another person had an older version (I believe). We both drove to and from Ann Arbor, MI, while waze was constantly thinking our arrival time would be delayed, then miraculously improved, all the while suggesting potentially faster routes. Not to mention the address for a particular place was nearly a mile off, but whether that was a mapping error or related to these issues is beyond me and too early to say.

P.S. Users on the app's page seem to be reporting that there is also lots of crashing with the new update, is this recognized as well? I never saw a crash myself.
tgp1994

Postby CTGreybeard » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:18 am

This problem has been discussed at length today. There appears to be some problem, as yet unidentified or acknowledged, with the routing servers.

My suggestion is to simply drive what you believe to be the best route and ignore any unusual routing from the app for the next day or so or until the problem is acknowledged and corrected by Waze.

In particular it looks like the timing for freeway (and perhaps other) roads has been corrupted leading to Waze suggesting "faster" routes that are not actually faster.

You may try setting your app to prefer "shorter" routes but that wouldn't guarantee you would get a "better" route.
CTGreybeard

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App