Android v3.7.3 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Android v3.7.3 Official Feedback Thread

Postby tgp1994 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:56 am

Dzzydvl wrote:It doesn't seem to crash on wifi though, sadly I don't have wifi in my car.

If only...
Waze is a wonderful app, but your safety and the safety of the drivers around you comes first!
tgp1994

Re: Android v3.7.2 Official Feedback Thread

Postby tgp1994 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:42 am

b4wazing wrote:
petervdveen wrote:About the 1080p fixes.
I don't really like it. On tablets it doesn't really work.
The streetnames are huge, while it was okey on the previous version.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

Just because you are 15 and have great eye sight does not mean that everybody does. Punk.

Isn't that what accessibility mode is for? :D
Waze is a wonderful app, but your safety and the safety of the drivers around you comes first!
tgp1994

Black screen when displaying ads?

Postby TheNuttyBunny » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:35 pm

Hey, I got a nasty and annoying bug for you.

Whenever I stop and ad is displayed on screen, if I press my home button to switch to another app, and if I return to Waze I just see a black screen where the map should be.

Please fix it, its annoying to have ads, but bearable. It just gets on my nerves when patches don't work correctly.

Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337-M)

Also, the support email that you, as developers, place on the Google Play store is meant for that, for support, it's not a placeholder to send the support emails to the trash.

Thanks
TheNuttyBunny

Postby tonestertm » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:41 am

+1 for routing issues in the server and not the new app. I'm still on 3.7.2 and Waze repeatedly tried to take me a mile out of my way to get home (even when I was a block away), which has never been an issue before.
Do your part to prevent CPU Warming.... Reduce Node Pollution whenever you can!
tonestertm

Postby tonestertm » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:36 am

For those having problems with shutdowns and GPS issues after upgrading, try uninstall and reinstall. Seems to be working for me... so far.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk
Do your part to prevent CPU Warming.... Reduce Node Pollution whenever you can!
tonestertm

Postby tradermonkey » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:43 pm

Waze crashes 30 seconds to 2 mins after opening.

I have used the app on a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 (GT-I8160L) for over 2 years without any problems at all, in the USA, UK, and Ecuador. I am currently in Ecuador, but since the last update I have the above problem as does my wife who has the same handset.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling numerous times (with Version 3.7.3). Same problem.

I AM POSTING THIS AS I HAVE RESOLVED THE PROBLEM BY DOWNGRADING TO 3.7.2

OTHERS WITH SAME PROBLEM TAKE NOTE!
tradermonkey

Postby trevthetall » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:11 am

Since uploading the latest update now getting the following message and can't use waze!

"Waze can't access your SD card. Make sure is isn't mounted"

Using an Samsung galaxy s2 Android version 4.1.2
trevthetall

Postby triniti0099 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:19 am

I'm using Waze in my Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100, with Android Version 4.1.2. After updated to Waze version 3.7.3.0, I can't use Waze anymore. It can't start, always force close (back to homescreen) without any error notification. Sometimes it can start, but not responding (freeze), then crash (also back to the homescreen).
triniti0099

Postby ultragreg » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:38 pm

Hazard icons disappear approaching them, and there is no alert ! So People report the hazard again, and there are multiple reports for the same hazard ! --> I think it is a bug of the new system.
Don't know yet if it is the same with Police or Traffic icons.

---
And my phone still reboots while using Waze. I have sent a lot of log with 3.7.2 in debug mode.
It is always the same things with 3.7.3, so I will put the debug mode again. I hope there will be someone who take a look on it.
L3 - Ouest Toulouse
Xperia Pro (MK16i)
ultragreg

Postby ultragreg » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:34 pm

Gluek wrote:
berestovskyy wrote:
mousepl wrote:2. Police hazard, traffic hazard? It's not working! Hazards are displayed for 5-10 minutes and then disappearing...

True. The "Alerts time" article says that user's alert should be on a map at least 1 hour, but in fact it disappears after 15 minutes max. This is way too quick (at least for the Poland) IMO.

If it's not a bug or other countries need shorter timeouts then I suggest we set this timeout for 1,5 hours and then divide it by the "Road Rank" (i.e. short timeouts for busy roads).

Same problem for Russia, here in Moscow we need at least 1 hour timeout by default ("thanks" adds +15 minutes, right?), accedints or traffic alerts never ends in 15 minutes.

For me the alert disappears only on the map, but still present on the Reports or Routes Menu.
I have reported a hazard already reported on the map, but disappeared, and I have had only 3 points.
And it seems the bug is with the grouped reports, but need to be confirmed.
L3 - Ouest Toulouse
Xperia Pro (MK16i)
ultragreg

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App