These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

ETA is off over an hour

Post by mpking828
I have an 80 mile commute. Like a good wazer, I almost always have my app open, and Navigate to my work. (It's nice now that it just asks me if I'm going to work/home btw).

The last two days (Being the 27th and 28th), The ETA is grossly mis-reported, buy over 1 hour. (Commute is normally 1 hour 30 minutes, reports 2 hours 30 minutes) All routes that are displayed are shown with significantly longer commute times. My normal commute has no traffic jams shown on the little "bar chart".

During the course of driving, the ETA slowly corrects (with Multiple "green" ETA updates, as well as just the ETA counting down).

It's almost as if the speed data for the highways are all too slow all of a sudden.

So am I the only one to notice? Is it just me?
mpking828

POSTER_ID:16376474

Send a message

Post by CTGreybeard
This problem has been discussed at length today. There appears to be some problem, as yet unidentified or acknowledged, with the routing servers.

My suggestion is to simply drive what you believe to be the best route and ignore any unusual routing from the app for the next day or so or until the problem is acknowledged and corrected by Waze.

In particular it looks like the timing for freeway (and perhaps other) roads has been corrupted leading to Waze suggesting "faster" routes that are not actually faster.

You may try setting your app to prefer "shorter" routes but that wouldn't guarantee you would get a "better" route.
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by mpking828
One more bit of Data.

Google Maps reports the correct ETA, (just to eliminate that it is actually traffic that is cleared by the time I get there)

I just checked right now. 8:30pm, with no traffic showing on the "bar chart", Raynham MA, to Andover MA is showing 2h 54min. It's normally 1h 19m.
mpking828
Send a message

Post by mpking828
Oh, It never tried to re-route me. I never even thought of that.

I just checked it on the live map, and it's showing 3hours for the above mentioned route.

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll keep driving with the app, the "bar charts" at least help with routing decisions for me. Maybe even my speed data can help cycle the bad data out.
mpking828
Send a message

Post by mpking828
Seemed normal to me this morning.

Looks like they got the underlying problem straightened out in the 12 hours since I posted this.
mpking828
Send a message

Post by VapeTheBud
I tried rerouting but it kept routing the alternative after a few minutes... hope this gets fixed soon!
I love Waze! :)
VapeTheBud
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
iPhone 6s - iOS 9.3.1 | Always latest Waze version