iOS 3.7.3 official feedback thread (replacement thread)

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Sharing Drive via Text Message not working

Postby DiabolicalDave » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:25 pm

Since updating to iOS 7, sharing my drive via text message has stopped working. Was working for a while, but no more. It seems like the text message gets sent, but opening the actual Message app, shows that it is absent. Emailing works fine. Also, after the text message gets created, but before pressing send, I can copy the message that Waze has created. After "sending" the message (that in actuality doesn't get sent), I can go to Message app and paste the message and send it manually. Annoying. Anyone else having this issue?
DiabolicalDave

Re: Navigation has been broken since Aug 28 upgrade

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:09 am

ingridroy wrote:Navigation is broken.

As already mentioned, not likely an app issue. Where are you located? (I did some livemap route tests and they work OK in the US.)
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: iOS 3.7.3 official feedback thread (replacement thread)

Postby milkyway35 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:33 pm

JohnDoe75 wrote:We are a lot of french Wazers (using same cellular provider, Free Mobile) having problems with No Network. It happens at any time of day or week-ends.
One solution is to restart the app or briefly go in Plane Mode but it eventually go back to no network.
We can't figure out who to blame (because every other service like surf, mail, other apps work), but it's getting very annoying for ETA, alerts, credits ...
Any other providers or countries touched ?

Since there's no more beta thread, next version will provide a fix ?

This is a provider issue, not a issue related to the App.

Next version of Waze won't fix it, neither older version of waze which was working fine earlier.
milkyway35
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby JohnDoe75 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:14 pm

We are a lot of french Wazers (using same cellular provider, Free Mobile) having problems with No Network. It happens at any time of day or week-ends.
One solution is to restart the app or briefly go in Plane Mode but it eventually go back to no network.
We can't figure out who to blame (because every other service like surf, mail, other apps work), but it's getting very annoying for ETA, alerts, credits ...
Any other providers or countries touched ?

Since there's no more beta thread, next version will provide a fix ?
JohnDoe75
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby jasonh300 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:52 am

sketch wrote:As I recall, when I used to use a 3.5mm aux connection in my car, "Play sound to phone speaker" paused the music from the headphones and still played the sound to the phone speaker.

I can confirm that this is how it works for me. I've been using a mini-jack to cassette adapter in my older car to listen to music and if "Play sound to phone speaker" is selected, it will mute the radio but play through the phone speaker. With that option turned off, it mutes the music and plays the Waze sound through the radio.
jasonh300

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:05 pm

alyandon wrote:I'll point out that your admonishment comes off a bit on the rude side and despite your assumption I did take some time to read through the forums.

Yes, it was rude. And I feel your question was arrogant, that your time is more valuable than other's time who had already answered the question clearly weeks ago, and who had repeatedly typed the same thing over and over again as each person asks it because they can't be bothered to read even the original post. You clearly hadn't bothered to read the forum announcements or sticky threads, which should be scanned first. The thread title clearly matches exactly what you are asking, and in fact, the answer to "why" is in the first post. No need to scan through 17 pages.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:40 pm

alyandon wrote:If you truly are so passionate about making sure that people don't bring up issues that are discussed elsewhere you should probably lobby to have this information added to the FAQ.

That's a good idea, actually.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby alyandon » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:43 am

@sketch, @driving79

Thanks for the help! I'll definitely use that as a work-around until a new version that hopefully has less problems with the UI is out.

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
alyandon wrote:Please restore the ability to properly quit the application.

Good grief, no. Can you please read before posting? There's a whole damn thread about this explaining the situation: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56147

I'll point out that your admonishment comes off a bit on the rude side and despite your assumption I did take some time to read through the forums. Regardless, you should know that I am not going to suffer through reading every single post in this (currently) 17 page thread (or any other multi-page thread) on these forums to make sure someone else hasn't discussed my issue and my recommendation. This is a thread for providing feedback on the application and as a long time user of Waze I've had enough of the buggy UI on iOS so I provided exactly that.

If you truly are so passionate about making sure that people don't bring up issues that are discussed elsewhere you should probably lobby to have this information added to the FAQ.
alyandon

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:26 pm

alyandon wrote:Please restore the ability to properly quit the application.

Good grief, no. Can you please read before posting? There's a whole damn thread about this explaining the situation: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56147
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby driving79 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:01 pm

sketch wrote:Double-tap the home button and swipe up to "fling" the app into space. That's how you close all apps in iOS 7. If you're still on iOS 6, double-tap the home button and tap the "x" on the Waze icon.

It's been said about a hundred times in this thread so far. Waze is not allowed by Apple's guidelines to include a "Quit" function. Period. Non-negotiable.

Here is an explanation and video for those who are more visual:

http://www.imore.com/how-close-three-apps-one-time-multitasking-ios-7
driving79
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Next

Return to Waze App