iOS 3.7.3 official feedback thread (replacement thread)

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

iOS 3.7.3 official feedback thread (replacement thread)

Postby jasonh300 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:46 pm

Due to circumstances beyond our control, the previous iOS 3.7.3 feedback thread has been lost, and may or may not be able to be recovered.

For the time being, this is the new official feedback thread, and if we can get the other one back, we'll just merge it all back together like nothing happened!
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: iOS 3.7.3 official feedback thread (replacement thread)

Postby woodvale » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:03 pm

Data Connection and Navigation

On re-reading my earlier version of this report, I realised it didn't make sense so I've deleted it and resurrected it in this thread.

Since updating to 3.7.3.0, I've noticed that the data connection on my phone, an iPhone 3GS running iOS 6.1.3, has been much more erratic than it used to be. It's well known that Waze has difficulty re-establishing a data connection once it's dropped out, but it seems to have become worse. Whether 3.7.3.0 has included any changes to that part of the code, I've no idea, but there are journeys where the app is searching for a data connection more than it's connected. Again, I've no idea whether this impacts on it, but a lot more of the areas I drive through offer a 4G connection rather than 3G.

Yesterday, I asked Waze for a route to my destination as I wasn't sure which would be the fastest route - only the first 5 miles or so are variable - for the remaining 3, it would be along the same road. During my journey, the data connection dropped out. It came back for a bit and then dropped out again.

At some point during the journey, I lost the purple line on the map indicating the route I was to follow. As I knew the route by then, I didn't need directions, and assumed that navigation had just stopped, perhaps due to the lack of data connection. When I arrived at the destination, the chequered flag was there OK, so the app knew where I was going - it had just stopped taking me there. I've had this happen again today, where the route Waze wants me to follow disappears but the chequered flag is in place when I reach my destination.

I've not seen this behaviour before, so I'm not sure whether it's an ageing phone, the new version of the app, the variability of network connection or what. Probably a bit of all three, but I'm expecting Waze to operate as advertised on a supported phone/operating system and it isn't. I'm on a UK T-Mobile network accessing the EE 3/4G network.

If this is related to 3.7.3.0, it's been a retrograde step given the importance of having a good data connection for as much of the journey as possible. I would have hoped that Waze would be closer to solving the problems of re-establishing a data connection when one's available again, but there's a lot of searching going on when the phone is sitting there with 4 bars signal strength and a 4G connection.

Have others seen this happening? If not, then I need to replace the phone. If this is the application, I hope we get a fix soon.
John
woodvale Local Champ, AM City and South London, Jamaica
Latest Waze on Galaxy S7 Android 6.0.1
Waze FAQ UK wiki UK Forum
ImageImage
woodvale
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby JohnDoe75 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:27 am

Is it just me or 3.7.3 runs down the battery way faster than it used to ?
On a iPhone 5 all updated with nothing else running I go from 98% to 70% for a 15-20 miles drive
LC CM France
RM IDF - AM Paris France
AM Trentino, Italia
AM North & Center Portugal
AM Singapore
JohnDoe75
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby mwburn » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:16 pm

Since we may not get the original thread back (plus I never got an answer), is there a voice command for sleep?
I'd be ranked higher if I drove more than 5 miles to work. :-(
But I only have to drive 5 miles to work. :-)

mwburn

Postby Quelonio » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:00 pm

I had to downgrade to 3.7.2 due to the new version not recalculating a route if you leave the original route for some reason.

When a traffic event highlights a spot on the map, sometimes the bright spot gets "stuck". You have to exit and kill the app to clear the bright spot on the map.

Dan.
Quelonio
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:16 pm

mwburn wrote:Since we may not get the original thread back (plus I never got an answer), is there a voice command for sleep?

No, there is not. It, and other expanded voice command options, are planned for a future version, release TBD. It is not in current dev version.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:17 pm

Quelonio wrote:When a traffic event highlights a spot on the map, sometimes the bright spot gets "stuck". You have to exit and kill the app to clear the bright spot on the map.

Known issue. All the causes have not yet been nailed down.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby swift666 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Since the update police/hazard alerts are reported at 0.3 miles. The previous version alerted at 1.1 miles, giving sufficient time to access the situation and act accordingly.

Please consider changing alert distances back to 1.1 miles or making them speed dependent.

-Thanks
swift666

Postby roybuck » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:45 pm

I have an iPhone 4S running iOS 6.1.3. I don't know what version of Waze I am using and have no idea how to check.

On Saturday, September 7, I attempted to update inaccurate prices at a gas station (which I have done before, BTW). When I tried to do this, I got a message saying, "UH OH! Sorry, but you are still a Baby Wazer and are not allowed to update gas prices just yet."

I am not a Baby Wazer. According to my Scoreboard, I am a Knight Wazer and, in fact, near the top of the Knight Wazer category, with 47,544 points.

I feel that I am entitled to get proper credit for the points I've earned. Can someone please advise me as to how to fix this problem once and for all, so that it never ever happens again?

Thanks.
roybuck

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:16 pm

roybuck wrote:On Saturday, September 7, I attempted to update inaccurate prices at a gas station (which I have done before, BTW). When I tried to do this, I got a message saying, "UH OH! Sorry, but you are still a Baby Wazer and are not allowed to update gas prices just yet."

That happens from time-to-time and is a bug. It has happened to nearly everyone. We haven't figured out where the bug is yet, though.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Next

Return to Waze App