kjstech wrote:Since the introduction to the sleep mode, Waze has been problematic. I wish there was an icon to quit instead of having to force quit it every time.
If its not force quit, Waze likely take over the audio. Consider this situation...
1. You arrive at destination and sleep waze.
2. At your destination you unlock your phone for whatever reason... Waze wakes up!!!! So you sleep it again and "app switch" to the springboard to do other things.
This can be resolved by arriving your destination, sleeping Waze, and then pressing the Home button
before pressing the Lock button.
Presumably, Waze can't tell the difference between being launched from the icon on the home screen, and being reopened from the unlock screen after the phone is locked with Waze open. Basically the programmers have two choices:
- Do not automatically wake up when reopening Waze. Even if you launch it by pressing the icon. This is really annoying—trust me. There were a lot of complaints about this in beta testing. The one advantage is avoiding the unlock problem as you described.
- Automatically wake up when reopening Waze. When you're getting in the car you want to get going as quickly as possible; adding the extra step is real bad. The one disadvantage is as you described, but it can be taken care of by simply getting into the habit of pressing the Home button after you put Waze to sleep.
Why not leave it asleep when unlocking but not when launching from the Home screen? Simply, I don't think this is possible in iOS.
3. When your ready to go home, you get in the car, plug in audio cable and fire up audio program (music, sirius, pandora, slacker, etc...).
4. You get the music going then fire up Waze and as soon as its open the audio fades out. Slide up from the bottom to bring up the IOS 7 control center and the music fades back in. Tap out to Waze and the audio fades away.
The only fix is to force quit Waze and then relaunch it. Not necessarily user friendly fumbling with apps when your starting to drive out of your parking lot and onto the road.
This happens every time Waze wakes from sleep. It's a problem, I agree.
I detailed this problem here: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 20#p578373