Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by unlimitedsounds
edsonajj wrote:
unlimitedsounds wrote:
edsonajj wrote: That depends on what kind of navigation you have selected (in Settings>Navigation>Routing styles) Fastest (default) or Shortest.
Fastest.. And the route it selected was
Not the fastest
In this cases follow the route you think is fastest, if it differs from what the server "believes" and it turns out to truly be faster then it will learn about the best option.
But Isnt I supposed to tell me how to get home? not me tell it. no need for GPS then
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
Well, I wonder WHEN Waze is going to update the software with the fixes for all the issues? I just Found out SCOUT now has crowd soured traffic similar to WAZE .... I took a look and the only thing that is holding me back from switching is the lack of LANDSCAPE mode... Well they have landscape mode once you start a route but the info bars cover up too much of the map ... Plus SCOUT is not 100% free....
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
sketch wrote:Scout may have real-time crowdsourced traffic, but they still don't have real per-segment historical speed data (how could they, they use third-party maps), which makes a much bigger difference in everyday routing.
Speed data? is that where it shows the speed the road is current;ly moving??????
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
unlimitedsounds wrote:I just Found out SCOUT now has crowd soured traffic similar to WAZE ....
It's an ok app, but only if you're in the US. Very limited usefulness.
I used to use TELENAV on my old android phone a few years ago and really liked it.. This SCOUT app so far has been spot on with finding things (even by voice) and also the directions, traffic, and ETA. More so then the latest version of WAZE. If WAZE would FIX the issues, maybe it would be back to being as good as it was. Now that I read GOOGLE bought WAZE, who knows what is going to happen....I especially do not like the ADS that Waze POPS UP.....

I cannot comment on SCOUT on anywhere else but the US.
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
edsonajj wrote:
unlimitedsounds wrote: I used to use TELENAV on my old android phone a few years ago and really liked it.. This SCOUT app so far has been spot on with finding things (even by voice) and also the directions, traffic, and ETA. More so then the latest version of WAZE. If WAZE would FIX the issues, maybe it would be back to being as good as it was. Now that I read GOOGLE bought WAZE, who knows what is going to happen....I especially do not like the ADS that Waze POPS UP…
The search results that you get depend on the search provider which is used and I can tell you that it has improved quite a lot recently. From what I can see the issues you have mentioned are either already known and being worked on or you just don't like the routing which is not an app problem.
unlimited sounds wrote:I cannot comment on SCOUT on anywhere else but the US.
I can, it doesn't even exist on the México App Store.
Then you cannot comment because you didn't use to compare.. I guess it's only for usa
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
edsonajj wrote:
unlimitedsounds wrote:
edsonajj wrote:I can, it doesn't even exist on the México App Store.
Then you cannot comment because you didn't use to compare.. I guess it's only for usa
That is exactly what I meant, by being US only it is utterly useless in other countries.
Well then you have to use WAZE... So, I hope the TECH people at WAZE fix the issues... I would love to use WAZE again.....
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
THIS IS CRAZY... EVER SINCE THE LATEST UPDATE, there has been an issue with the screen going DIM, pop-up reports causing the screen to go dim and the highlight the area, then either never go back to current traveling road, or go back to the road but the map is still dim and highlighted. I have heard nothing from WAZE regarding a fix.. NOTHING. It make the program useless. Is there anyone from WAZE on here and can they please let us know an ETA for a fix?
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
sketch wrote:
unlimitedsounds wrote:THIS IS CRAZY... EVER SINCE THE LATEST UPDATE, there has been an issue with the screen going DIM, pop-up reports causing the screen to go dim and the highlight the area, then either never go back to current traveling road, or go back to the road but the map is still dim and highlighted. I have heard nothing from WAZE regarding a fix.. NOTHING. It make the program useless. Is there anyone from WAZE on here and can they please let us know an ETA for a fix?
This has been reported a couple dozen times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
YES but WHEN will there be a fix???????????????? I dont believe they even acknowledged that they are working on a fix... ANYONE??
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
I got a reply that this is SHOULD be fixed in the next release. BUT I have no idea when so I have stopped using the program until this gets resolved... Program right now is useless....
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
omba_de wrote:You stopped using waze because of that???

Why not simply add it to your favorites??
HUH??? the issue I had is the screen goes dark... was that not what we were talking about? in fact, when a popup report comes on, it highlights the center of the screen and the rest is too dark to see and you cannot use the program as now the map doesnt show the proper location and most times never goes back. If it ever does, its still dark and you have to force quit the program and try again...

If you turn off ALL popups it works.. but that defeats the purpose of the program IMO...
unlimitedsounds
Send a message