These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by puuks_pro
Hello, I have problem with my waze - whenever i press navigate waze crashes to desktop. Is there solution how to repair it? I already tried to reinstall waze, switched to 2D mode and also closed all background programms but nothing fixed crashing!
Phone - LG E460
Android - 4.1.2
puuks_pro
Send a message

Post by Quelonio
I had to downgrade to 3.7.2 due to the new version not recalculating a route if you leave the original route for some reason.

When a traffic event highlights a spot on the map, sometimes the bright spot gets "stuck". You have to exit and kill the app to clear the bright spot on the map.

Dan.
Quelonio
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by RacerWitch
After few minutes of driving the map starts darkening and becomes almost black after 15-20 minutes even with high battery and being charged. Against raising sun it's impossible to see anything on a route. Only voice guides but all other graphic alerts ahead are no more visible. Please fix this issue which appeared after "sleeping mode" was implemented.
RacerWitch
Send a message
Attachments
Last edited by RacerWitch on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by riffraf
This is a very disappointing update for me.

I get ads for Home Depot practically every 3/10 of a mile, and all warnings (police & hazard) come, at most, 2 or 3/10ths of a mile ahead of their location.

At 65 mph, that leaves about 6-12 seconds to hear and understand the warning and take corrective action. This makes these warnings a hazard in and of themselves.

Please set them back to 1.1 miles or get rid of them entirely.
riffraf
Send a message

Post by roybuck
I have an iPhone 4S running iOS 6.1.3. I don't know what version of Waze I am using and have no idea how to check.

On Saturday, September 7, I attempted to update inaccurate prices at a gas station (which I have done before, BTW). When I tried to do this, I got a message saying, "UH OH! Sorry, but you are still a Baby Wazer and are not allowed to update gas prices just yet."

I am not a Baby Wazer. According to my Scoreboard, I am a Knight Wazer and, in fact, near the top of the Knight Wazer category, with 47,544 points.

I feel that I am entitled to get proper credit for the points I've earned. Can someone please advise me as to how to fix this problem once and for all, so that it never ever happens again?

Thanks.
roybuck
Send a message

Post by roybuck
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
roybuck wrote:On Saturday, September 7, I attempted to update inaccurate prices at a gas station (which I have done before, BTW). When I tried to do this, I got a message saying, "UH OH! Sorry, but you are still a Baby Wazer and are not allowed to update gas prices just yet."
That happens from time-to-time and is a bug. It has happened to nearly everyone. We haven't figured out where the bug is yet, though.
OK, thanks. Hopefully it won't happen the next time I try and do that. I just want to be helpful! ;)
roybuck
Send a message

Post by scar4711
Sigh.. ran into a new bug today.. and have no idea where a user can report it.. :/

so.. Facebook forced me to change my password, and now when I go into Waze, I get tons of popups saying Uh-oh, Could not connect to Facebook.

and it keeps doing it over and over until Waze crashes.

I think the only way I can fix this is to uninstall it and do a new install.
---
Update:
Uh.. nevermind.. its an IOS7 issue.. forgot to update my new Facebook password in it. that fixed it
scar4711
Send a message

Post by sketch
Perhaps we champs should maintain a list of known issues in the OPs of these threads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
edsonajj wrote:That would be quite a long first post, maybe instead of that we could promote for usesr to search on bugzilla, which already has the list an can be read by everybody.
True. Still, I'd still like to see a list of maybe the most common known issues, maybe followed by a link to Bugzilla. The Bugzilla list is a little hard to parse if you're not familiar with it.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
jasonh300 wrote:
edsonajj wrote:There are some road classifications that force the app to have a closer zoom because it is assumed that the driver needs to see greater detail. The best example of this is ramps, which are sometimes used as "way finder" segments in the long roads.
Ramps are (or used to be) visible at all zoom levels. Has this changed?

I know there's always been a problem of Streets and Primary Streets not being visible at high zoom levels, and if a user was using auto-zoom by speed, and was traveling over a certain speed on one of these roads, the road they were on would disappear from the map. Has something changed that makes it zoom in on those road types? I still get URs on high-speed country roads that are classified as streets that indicate that the road is not on the map.

I turned auto-zoom off after day 1 of using Waze and haven't tried turning it back on in 2 years, so I really don't know how it behaves anymore. Guess I should try it out tomorrow.
The client zooms in, and remains zoomed in, anytime you're on a ramp. It has nothing to do with visibility, and it doesn't do it for any other type as far as I know. Presumably this is done because ramps can be complicated and the additional close-range detail helps make navigation easier to understand. (I really like this feature.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message