These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by unlimitedsounds
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
unlimitedsounds wrote:
omba_de wrote:You stopped using waze because of that???

Why not simply add it to your favorites??
HUH??? the issue I had is the screen goes dark... was that not what we were talking about?
You quoted nothing in your post, therefore the assumption is that you are replying to the post directly previous to yours. It's very confusing if you don't quote.
Sorry..l I thought I did....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by VapeTheBud
Ever since I updated to this version, alerts when in sleep mode no longer work. I still get turn by turn notifications however. Alerts do work though if I keep my screen on and app in view, once I go elsewhere, it doesn't.

Any idea if there's a fix coming in the next version?
VapeTheBud
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
iPhone 6s - iOS 9.3.1 | Always latest Waze version

Post by VapeTheBud
sketch wrote:Nothing should work in sleep mode, I assume you mean when Waze is in the background.

This is a known issue, it's been around a little while I think, although I didn't notice it until recently (after all, how would I know there's an alert if it's in the background?) and I agree it should be fixed. Waze has said it "works as desired", but many of us have said that this is indeed not desired.
Yes, background mode. My bad, so confusing with all these terms.
I press the sleep button to put in background mode to save my batt from not using my screen.
So far my fix around is leaving the screen on so I get them and dimming the screen until it's fixed.
Hopefully the new version fixes that, it wasn't an issue in the last version before this one.
VapeTheBud
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
iPhone 6s - iOS 9.3.1 | Always latest Waze version

Post by WeeeZer14
taddison1 wrote:Has anyone else noticed problems recently with TTS not announcing directional abbreviations correctly?

I've heard several streets that end in an "N" being pronounced as the letter "N" instead of "North". Examples: "I-35E N", "Cesar Chavez N".

However, I've heard other streets containing an "N" announcing correctly as "North", so it doesn't seem consistently wrong. Looking in the editor I see nothing unusual about the segment names.

I've seen an update request from another user complaining of the same thing, so it's not just me.

I'm on an iPhone 4; I don't know if a problem like this would be platform-specific.
I noticed the same and thought it was just because I recently changed phones. Finding many places that used to work fine that now say "en" instead of "north". The only concrete example I know of: a ramp named "to US-11W N / Rutledge Pike".

Most of my recent driving has been in my old SUV with no bluetooth therefore almost impossible to hear the TTS otherwise I'd have more examples. But I do know it was more than this one and they used to work fine.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by woodvale
Data Connection and Navigation

On re-reading my earlier version of this report, I realised it didn't make sense so I've deleted it and resurrected it in this thread.

Since updating to 3.7.3.0, I've noticed that the data connection on my phone, an iPhone 3GS running iOS 6.1.3, has been much more erratic than it used to be. It's well known that Waze has difficulty re-establishing a data connection once it's dropped out, but it seems to have become worse. Whether 3.7.3.0 has included any changes to that part of the code, I've no idea, but there are journeys where the app is searching for a data connection more than it's connected. Again, I've no idea whether this impacts on it, but a lot more of the areas I drive through offer a 4G connection rather than 3G.

Yesterday, I asked Waze for a route to my destination as I wasn't sure which would be the fastest route - only the first 5 miles or so are variable - for the remaining 3, it would be along the same road. During my journey, the data connection dropped out. It came back for a bit and then dropped out again.

At some point during the journey, I lost the purple line on the map indicating the route I was to follow. As I knew the route by then, I didn't need directions, and assumed that navigation had just stopped, perhaps due to the lack of data connection. When I arrived at the destination, the chequered flag was there OK, so the app knew where I was going - it had just stopped taking me there. I've had this happen again today, where the route Waze wants me to follow disappears but the chequered flag is in place when I reach my destination.

I've not seen this behaviour before, so I'm not sure whether it's an ageing phone, the new version of the app, the variability of network connection or what. Probably a bit of all three, but I'm expecting Waze to operate as advertised on a supported phone/operating system and it isn't. I'm on a UK T-Mobile network accessing the EE 3/4G network.

If this is related to 3.7.3.0, it's been a retrograde step given the importance of having a good data connection for as much of the journey as possible. I would have hoped that Waze would be closer to solving the problems of re-establishing a data connection when one's available again, but there's a lot of searching going on when the phone is sitting there with 4 bars signal strength and a 4G connection.

Have others seen this happening? If not, then I need to replace the phone. If this is the application, I hope we get a fix soon.
woodvale
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message
John
woodvale UK Champ, CM UK & Jamaica, UK Partner Coordinator, AM City and South London
Latest Waze on Galaxy S20 Android 11.0
Waze FAQ UK Wazeopedia UK Forum
https://s.waze.tools/cm.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/lc.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/p2000.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/s1000.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/c5s.png

Post by yankee-clipper
I'm getting the same thing. I get voice alerts (object on road, police, etc), but no directions on iPhone 5
yankee-clipper
Send a message