Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by sketch
alyandon wrote: If you truly are so passionate about making sure that people don't bring up issues that are discussed elsewhere you should probably lobby to have this information added to the FAQ.
That's a good idea, actually.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by swift666
Since the update police/hazard alerts are reported at 0.3 miles. The previous version alerted at 1.1 miles, giving sufficient time to access the situation and act accordingly.

Please consider changing alert distances back to 1.1 miles or making them speed dependent.

-Thanks
swift666
Send a message

Post by TacoTRD
I'm using Waze on a Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS Headunit with an iPhone 5. As a whole, Waze works great...however, there are a couple of things that I encountered that I'm not sure is a problem with Waze, or my Pioneer Headunit.

First issue, which I haven't been able to pinpoint a cause, is when Waze is being used while listening to the radio. When Waze is supposed to alert me with a pop-up, the phone call screen will briefly come up instead (as if a phone call was coming in), while Waze is making the announcement, then reverts back to the map screen. This doesn't happen while listening to Pandora, only when listening to the radio. It also doesn't happen all the time. Making or receiving a phone call seems to trigger this behavior. It may be working fine until a call comes in, then the next announcement Waze makes will cause the phone call screen to pop-up again instead of the Waze alert pop-up.

Second issue, Waze will randomly re-size on the headunit's screen. It starts off taking up the full screen...but seemingly at random, it will become smaller on screen where there is blank space on all sides. When this happens, I've been swiping open the control center on iOS7, and then swiping it closed, this will re-size it to full screen. Then a little while later, it will downsize again.

I'm not sure I explained these issues clearly...but is anyone else experiencing these issues?
TacoTRD
Send a message

Post by TacoTRD
sketch wrote: Sounds like you may have Prefer Bluetooth turned on?
Yes...I do have Prefer Bluetooth turned on. I thought this may be causing the issue, but when I turn it off, there is no sound at all when I get the pop-ups. So that solution wasn't acceptable. I'm hoping maybe I still have one of the settings wrong...either on my phone, or the headunit. Even with Prefer Bluetooth turned on...it doesn't always happen while listening to the radio. It seems to start after receiving or making a call. If I turn Pandora on...the alerts/announcements will function correctly. Then it's hit or miss when I turn Pandora off and radio back on.
TacoTRD
Send a message

Post by TacoTRD
sketch wrote: So your phone is plugged in to the head unit using USB, I take it?

It seems, based on both of your testimony, that something in iOS 7 broke the proper implementation of "Prefer Bluetooth". TacoTRD, did you experience these problems on iOS 6?
Yes...iPhone 5 is plugged into USB via USB to lightning, and Apple lightning digital AV adapter plus HDMI. Unfortunately, I can't remember for sure if this was happening while I had iOS 6, because I had the headunit installed not too long before iOS 7 became available. I kinda want to say the issue started after the last Waze update...but still not sure.
TacoTRD
Send a message

Post by taddison1
Has anyone else noticed problems recently with TTS not announcing directional abbreviations correctly?

I've heard several streets that end in an "N" being pronounced as the letter "N" instead of "North". Examples: "I-35E N", "Cesar Chavez N".

However, I've heard other streets containing an "N" announcing correctly as "North", so it doesn't seem consistently wrong. Looking in the editor I see nothing unusual about the segment names.

I've seen an update request from another user complaining of the same thing, so it's not just me.

I'm on an iPhone 4; I don't know if a problem like this would be platform-specific.
taddison1
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by taddison1
sketch wrote:Seems as if it isn't saying "north" unless it follows a number or a street type abbreviation, maybe. I haven't experienced this problem myself, but everything I drive regularly with a directional suffix is E or W.
Is this only with "N"?
I've only heard it with "N", I'll keep my ears open for more examples.
taddison1
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by tateu3cX
Bluetooth Audio does not work the same with an iPhone 5s (iOS 7.0.2) when a USB cable is plugged in as it does when no USB cable is plugged in. When no USB cable is plugged in, navigation prompts correctly interrupt my car radio and play via bluetooth call (Ford Sync). When a USB cable is plugged in, they do not play via bluetooth call (over my radio), they do not play via bluetooth audio and they do not play via USB. Prefer bluetooth is turned on in settings.

On my iPhone 4s with iOS 6.x, navigation prompts would interrupt my car radio and play via bluetooth call both with and without a USB cable plugged in.
tateu3cX
Send a message

Post by tateu3cX
sketch wrote:OK... to test it, I turned on "Prefer Bluetooth", and it wouldn't work at all when plugged into USB, before or after making a phone call, although the phone call worked. "Play sound through phone speaker" also didn't work. So I closed Waze from the app switch screen and opened it up again, then it worked properly on Prefer Bluetooth, both before and after plugging into USB
No luck here. I tried that several times this morning (closing and reopening Waze while the USB cable and bluetooth were connected, without the phone call part, though) and never got any sound.
tateu3cX
Send a message
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3, Waze 3.7.6.0

Post by tednc
Hi!
This dot appearing on a dark background when notifications occur renders the app nearly useless. Especially when driving in daylight with sun glasses. Why not just disable the darkening until the app can be fixed appropriately. Today I got 2 dots, one under the other. This is a real pain and not something that I expected from an upgrade.
tednc
Send a message