iOS 3.7.3 official feedback thread (replacement thread)

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS 3.7.3 official feedback thread (replacement thread)

Postby unlimitedsounds » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:42 pm

omba_de wrote:You stopped using waze because of that???

Why not simply add it to your favorites??

HUH??? the issue I had is the screen goes dark... was that not what we were talking about? in fact, when a popup report comes on, it highlights the center of the screen and the rest is too dark to see and you cannot use the program as now the map doesnt show the proper location and most times never goes back. If it ever does, its still dark and you have to force quit the program and try again...

If you turn off ALL popups it works.. but that defeats the purpose of the program IMO...
unlimitedsounds

iOS 3.7.3 official feedback thread (replacement thread)

Postby omba_de » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:50 pm

Oh. Ok. I thought you were replying to "jhh3000"
Yes. The "screen goes dark"-issue is a bad thing. I totally agree. And I hope it'll be solved very soon.
I don't use popups very much, so I don't miss them (cause deactivated) ;)
Last edited by omba_de on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Probleme mit i-Gerät und Waze? Bitte melden. Als iOS-expert kann ich dir vielleicht weiter helfen!

AT-Wiki
Wie Waze Routen Kalkuliert
omba_de
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:50 pm

unlimitedsounds wrote:

HUH??? the issue I had is the screen goes dark... was that not what we were talking about?

You quoted nothing in your post, therefore the assumption is that you are replying to the post directly previous to yours. It's very confusing if you don't quote.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 10.1.1 | Waze v4.14
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby unlimitedsounds » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:14 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
unlimitedsounds wrote:

HUH??? the issue I had is the screen goes dark... was that not what we were talking about?

You quoted nothing in your post, therefore the assumption is that you are replying to the post directly previous to yours. It's very confusing if you don't quote.

Sorry..l I thought I did....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
unlimitedsounds

Postby kjstech » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:35 am

Since the introduction to the sleep mode, Waze has been problematic. I wish there was an icon to quit instead of having to force quit it every time.

If its not force quit, Waze likely take over the audio. Consider this situation...
1. You arrive at destination and sleep waze.
2. At your destination you unlock your phone for whatever reason... Waze wakes up!!!! So you sleep it again and "app switch" to the springboard to do other things.
3. When your ready to go home, you get in the car, plug in audio cable and fire up audio program (music, sirius, pandora, slacker, etc...).
4. You get the music going then fire up Waze and as soon as its open the audio fades out. Slide up from the bottom to bring up the IOS 7 control center and the music fades back in. Tap out to Waze and the audio fades away.

The only fix is to force quit Waze and then relaunch it. Not necessarily user friendly fumbling with apps when your starting to drive out of your parking lot and onto the road.
PA, USA - iPhone 6 plus - Latest WAZE from the App Store - Map Editor Level 1 - Royalty Wazer - Rank 2,214 and counting.
kjstech

Postby sketch » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:15 pm

kjstech wrote:Since the introduction to the sleep mode, Waze has been problematic. I wish there was an icon to quit instead of having to force quit it every time.

If its not force quit, Waze likely take over the audio. Consider this situation...
1. You arrive at destination and sleep waze.
2. At your destination you unlock your phone for whatever reason... Waze wakes up!!!! So you sleep it again and "app switch" to the springboard to do other things.

This can be resolved by arriving your destination, sleeping Waze, and then pressing the Home button before pressing the Lock button.

Presumably, Waze can't tell the difference between being launched from the icon on the home screen, and being reopened from the unlock screen after the phone is locked with Waze open. Basically the programmers have two choices:
  • Do not automatically wake up when reopening Waze. Even if you launch it by pressing the icon. This is really annoying—trust me. There were a lot of complaints about this in beta testing. The one advantage is avoiding the unlock problem as you described.
  • Automatically wake up when reopening Waze. When you're getting in the car you want to get going as quickly as possible; adding the extra step is real bad. The one disadvantage is as you described, but it can be taken care of by simply getting into the habit of pressing the Home button after you put Waze to sleep.
Why not leave it asleep when unlocking but not when launching from the Home screen? Simply, I don't think this is possible in iOS.

3. When your ready to go home, you get in the car, plug in audio cable and fire up audio program (music, sirius, pandora, slacker, etc...).
4. You get the music going then fire up Waze and as soon as its open the audio fades out. Slide up from the bottom to bring up the IOS 7 control center and the music fades back in. Tap out to Waze and the audio fades away.

The only fix is to force quit Waze and then relaunch it. Not necessarily user friendly fumbling with apps when your starting to drive out of your parking lot and onto the road.

This happens every time Waze wakes from sleep. It's a problem, I agree.

I detailed this problem here: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 20#p578373
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kjstech » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:12 pm

Thanks sketch, that makes sense. Isn't the first time the corporate direction of a company (Apple in this case) forces the end user to retrain their old habits. They say it takes 21 days to break or make a habit.

Yeah the audio problem is the main reason why i'd rather "close" waze than sleep it. I experienced it again today. Stopped at Wawa, not sure where your from but it's a convienience store / gas station chain around these parts. Pulled the audio and power cable from phone and sleep it. Go in, grab what I want, come back out to the car, plug in, start my audio, task switch to Waze and the audio quits. Only way to get audio to play is to swipe up and keep the new IOS7 control center up... or force quit Waze and re-open and then say resume when it asks about your previous navigation canceled.

I hope that this will be fixed in a future update. It's really why the sleep function is problematic, at least for me. I can try to retrain myself to press home before pressing power... not an issue... but the real issue is the one you also perfectly identified. Hopefully Waze developers are taking these forums into consideration and using the constructive feedback to help better the product.
PA, USA - iPhone 6 plus - Latest WAZE from the App Store - Map Editor Level 1 - Royalty Wazer - Rank 2,214 and counting.
kjstech

Postby ShaneYYZ » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:45 am

Ever since I updated to this version, alerts when in sleep mode no longer work. I still get turn by turn notifications however. Alerts do work though if I keep my screen on and app in view, once I go elsewhere, it doesn't.

Any idea if there's a fix coming in the next version?
iPhone 6s - iOS 9.3.1 | Always latest Waze version
ShaneYYZ
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby sketch » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:53 pm

Nothing should work in sleep mode, I assume you mean when Waze is in the background.

This is a known issue, it's been around a little while I think, although I didn't notice it until recently (after all, how would I know there's an alert if it's in the background?) and I agree it should be fixed. Waze has said it "works as desired", but many of us have said that this is indeed not desired.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby texasfire » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:58 pm

When I deviate from the route, Waze acts as if I'm still driving perfectly on-route. It takes about 5 seconds (or more) before the icon realizes that my GPS location is not where my icon is. It's like it tries to predict where I will be, versus where I really am.
texasfire

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App