iOS 3.7.3 official feedback thread (replacement thread)

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS 3.7.3 official feedback thread (replacement thread)

Postby maviolet » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:53 am

HELP! I am not getting voice guidance for directions on my iPhone 4S running the latest iOS and Waze 3.7.3
I am getting voice traffic alerts, vehicle on shoulder, police ahead, etc.
I have already done the trouble shooting from your support pages without results. I use this for work and is very important for me to hear the instruction and not have to look at my phone while driving.
maviolet

Postby edsonajj » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:05 am

ingridroy wrote:Navigation is broken. Usual Home and Work routes are no longer remembered. App refuses to use the most direct route and will instead list the most indirect route with all kinds of ridiculous turns down obscure side streets. ETA is typically 30 minutes longer for these out of the way routes. Changing to fastest route or shortest distance makes no difference. When choosing other routes the most direct route is not even listed! Please fix ASAP! App is useless as a navigation tool right now!

Routing is done by the server, not the app. That means that whatever issue you are having it is most probably not a problem on the app code.
edsonajj
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby dougstrickland » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:30 pm

This is a modal leftover. I get it most often when I get a traffic alert, also sometimes when receiving an advertisement - but if you touch the UI before the faint 'X' appears beneath the modal - then this occurs.
And these DO stack! I have gotten as many as three on top of one another.

[ img ]

http://disambiguo.us/stash/IMG_0794.PNG
dougstrickland

Postby gettingthere » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:59 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
roybuck wrote:On Saturday, September 7, I attempted to update inaccurate prices at a gas station (which I have done before, BTW). When I tried to do this, I got a message saying, "UH OH! Sorry, but you are still a Baby Wazer and are not allowed to update gas prices just yet."

That happens from time-to-time and is a bug. It has happened to nearly everyone. We haven't figured out where the bug is yet, though.

I believe that this occurs if you have previously put Waze to sleep. I am having the same issue. If you close out Waze in iOS and relaunch, this issue does not occur.
gettingthere
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby tednc » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:10 am

Hi!
This dot appearing on a dark background when notifications occur renders the app nearly useless. Especially when driving in daylight with sun glasses. Why not just disable the darkening until the app can be fixed appropriately. Today I got 2 dots, one under the other. This is a real pain and not something that I expected from an upgrade.
tednc

Postby roybuck » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:03 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
roybuck wrote:On Saturday, September 7, I attempted to update inaccurate prices at a gas station (which I have done before, BTW). When I tried to do this, I got a message saying, "UH OH! Sorry, but you are still a Baby Wazer and are not allowed to update gas prices just yet."

That happens from time-to-time and is a bug. It has happened to nearly everyone. We haven't figured out where the bug is yet, though.

OK, thanks. Hopefully it won't happen the next time I try and do that. I just want to be helpful! ;)
roybuck

Postby unlimitedsounds » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:37 am

Quelonio wrote:I had to downgrade to 3.7.2 due to the new version not recalculating a route if you leave the original route for some reason.

When a traffic event highlights a spot on the map, sometimes the bright spot gets "stuck". You have to exit and kill the app to clear the bright spot on the map.

Dan.

same issue here. pluse it's now taking me on crazy routes so I gave up and use tomtom until waze fixes.
unlimitedsounds

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:16 pm

AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby roybuck » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:45 pm

I have an iPhone 4S running iOS 6.1.3. I don't know what version of Waze I am using and have no idea how to check.

On Saturday, September 7, I attempted to update inaccurate prices at a gas station (which I have done before, BTW). When I tried to do this, I got a message saying, "UH OH! Sorry, but you are still a Baby Wazer and are not allowed to update gas prices just yet."

I am not a Baby Wazer. According to my Scoreboard, I am a Knight Wazer and, in fact, near the top of the Knight Wazer category, with 47,544 points.

I feel that I am entitled to get proper credit for the points I've earned. Can someone please advise me as to how to fix this problem once and for all, so that it never ever happens again?

Thanks.
roybuck

Postby swift666 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Since the update police/hazard alerts are reported at 0.3 miles. The previous version alerted at 1.1 miles, giving sufficient time to access the situation and act accordingly.

Please consider changing alert distances back to 1.1 miles or making them speed dependent.

-Thanks
swift666

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App