iOS 3.7.3 official feedback thread (replacement thread)

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS 3.7.3 official feedback thread (replacement thread)

Postby jasonh300 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:09 pm

TexasFire wrote:When I deviate from the route, Waze acts as if I'm still driving perfectly on-route. It takes about 5 seconds (or more) before the icon realizes that my GPS location is not where my icon is. It's like it tries to predict where I will be, versus where I really am.

It tries to make up for poor GPS reception/equipment so you're not zig-zagging all over the map. Make sure that your device is mounted under your windshield and this will improve somewhat, but it's never going to respond instantly.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby ShaneYYZ » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:17 pm

sketch wrote:Nothing should work in sleep mode, I assume you mean when Waze is in the background.

This is a known issue, it's been around a little while I think, although I didn't notice it until recently (after all, how would I know there's an alert if it's in the background?) and I agree it should be fixed. Waze has said it "works as desired", but many of us have said that this is indeed not desired.

Yes, background mode. My bad, so confusing with all these terms.
I press the sleep button to put in background mode to save my batt from not using my screen.
So far my fix around is leaving the screen on so I get them and dimming the screen until it's fixed.
Hopefully the new version fixes that, it wasn't an issue in the last version before this one.
iPhone 6s - iOS 9.3.1 | Always latest Waze version
ShaneYYZ
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby jhh3000 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:34 pm

I've discovered another very annoying bug: selecting a destination from the "search results" screen some times results in getting waze stuck. Almost always repeatable. Screenshot, action log and device info below.

IMG_0870.png
IMG_0870.png (52.01 KiB) Viewed 407 times

1. Open waze from sleep
2. Swipe right to search
3. Type anything in that's not already a destination in the history list (new destination)
4. Hit 'Search'
5. Click the first item quickly
6. Wait... and usually force Waze to exit

Device: iPhone 3GS (yes, i know, it's ancient)
iOS: 6.1.3
Waze: 3.7.3 (latest as of this thread)
Other apps running: Music/iTunes
jhh3000

Postby PJMCarozzi » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:07 am

Wazers:

I have been defeated in all attempts to hear sound in Waze through earbuds, my sound jack, etc. The only way sound currently comes out is the poor speakers on my iPhone 4.

I'm running 3.7.3 (at least I think it is -- I normally update my apps as soon as update notices appear) on my iPhone 4.

All I want to do is hear the voice commands clearly. Please advise.

PJMCarozzi
PJMCarozzi

Postby sketch » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:11 am

It sounds like you have "Play sound through phone speaker" enabled in the Sound menu. l

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:44 pm

sketch wrote:It sounds like you have "Play sound through phone speaker" enabled in the Sound menu.

Maybe, but I would think that because iOS is in control here, that "Speaker" is equivalent to headphones. When you plug in headphones, the iOS interface changes to "headphones" instead of "iphone." iOS should be routing audio to the headphones from the speaker without telling Waze about it. Maybe Waze can still control this, but I was thinking perhaps not. We do know that there are separate volume settings for speaker vs. headphone, so once headphones are plugged in, make sure that you use the hardware volume buttons to adjust Waze's output volume when a sound is playing. (you can activate voice command mode and adjust the volume while it is waiting for a command, too.)
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby alyandon » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:36 pm

Please restore the ability to properly quit the application. The current version of the iPhone app is simply too unreliable to not have a proper quit function.

The UI gets wedged into an inconsistent state where pop-ups that can't be dismissed obscure the screen, the background darkens and becomes impossible to scroll the map, access elements of the menu, etc. Since I can no longer quit the application that broken UI state is serialized when the application is put to sleep and there is no way to recover short of restarting my iPhone.

Just today, it got wedged with the connecting to network pop-up despite my phone having full network connectivity (email, web browsing, etc all working). Once again, the only way to regain control over the application was to reboot my phone.

Even if you address these UI problems with the upcoming update there is no way you can guarantee you haven't missed a corner case that will end up causing similar problems. Please add a way to completely exit the Waze application back in iOS.
alyandon

Postby sketch » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:44 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Maybe, but I would think that because iOS is in control here, that "Speaker" is equivalent to headphones.

As I recall, when I used to use a 3.5mm aux connection in my car, "Play sound to phone speaker" paused the music from the headphones and still played the sound to the phone speaker.

alyandon wrote:Please restore the ability to properly quit the application. The current version of the iPhone app is simply too unreliable to not have a proper quit function. [...]

Even if you address these UI problems with the upcoming update there is no way you can guarantee you haven't missed a corner case that will end up causing similar problems. Please add a way to completely exit the Waze application back in iOS.

Double-tap the home button and swipe up to "fling" the app into space. That's how you close all apps in iOS 7. If you're still on iOS 6, double-tap the home button and tap the "x" on the Waze icon.

It's been said about a hundred times in this thread so far. Waze is not allowed by Apple's guidelines to include a "Quit" function. Period. Non-negotiable.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby driving79 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:01 pm

sketch wrote:Double-tap the home button and swipe up to "fling" the app into space. That's how you close all apps in iOS 7. If you're still on iOS 6, double-tap the home button and tap the "x" on the Waze icon.

It's been said about a hundred times in this thread so far. Waze is not allowed by Apple's guidelines to include a "Quit" function. Period. Non-negotiable.

Here is an explanation and video for those who are more visual:

http://www.imore.com/how-close-three-apps-one-time-multitasking-ios-7
Rank 6 Champ
Southeast Regional Coordinator (AL, FL, GA)
Southeast Wiki - https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Southeast
driving79
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:26 pm

alyandon wrote:Please restore the ability to properly quit the application.

Good grief, no. Can you please read before posting? There's a whole damn thread about this explaining the situation: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56147
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App