These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by jimrockford
Just upgraded to 2.0.3.0
Droid 2 with Android 2.2

I have a list of issues, some of which I haven't seen mentioned much:

1. The client doesn't seem to handle map issues very well. I've fixed a lot of roads in my area and I'm able to get around okay without errors, but other areas with lots of problems cause frequent crashes; usually with a message that says something about infrastructure updates that require a restart. After the restart, routing always fails to find an end point for the destination to which I was routing. This is not a new issue. I've had it for several versions.

2. Street names often disappear after I start to have problems. Again, an issue I've always had.

3. Roads often disappear altogether. Sometimes, if I zoom in, I'll see a portion of the road I'm traveling on, but usually most of the map is missing, and the street names are gone for the roads that are still there. Another old problem not addressed in 2.0.3.0.

4. My Droid 2 locks up if I remove it from my car dock without exiting Waze. It doesn't restart as others (with different phones) have reported. I have to remove the battery and reinstall it to proceed. Work around is to exit Waze before removing my phone from the car dock.

5. I have successfully completed routes (voice tells me I've reached my destination) approximately 5 or 6 times, yet only 1 shows up in my dashboard. Maybe they just haven't updated, but several that were completed prior to the last update (November 16) are missing.

6. "Oops... We're having trouble retrieving groups info. Please try again later." message almost every time I try to view groups. I can't remember the last time it worked.
jimrockford
Send a message

Post by jimrockford
Just proofread my post...

On #4, when I said reinstall, I actually meant restart.
jimrockford
Send a message

Post by jimrockford
I've got to take back some of the problems I reported a few posts up...

#5: Several routes showed up in my dashboard today from November 3rd. I had given up on them because the one route I did have in the list was from November 16th. I didn't think routes from as much as 3 weeks ago were still being processed. The servers must have been WAY behind. Sounds like a serious infrastructure upgrade is needed yesterday.

#6: I was finally able to view groups yesterday several times without issues. It works today too. Maybe the servers are finally catching up and can respond to clients now.

#4: This is still an issue, but the client may not completely lock up. If I let the phone sit for several minutes without doing anything with it, it seems to recover. However, in those cases, the client seems to crash in the background and pop up a message at an inopportune time asking me if I'd like to force close the app.

Since I've removed a couple of problems from my list, I guess it's time for a new one:

7. On the Groups page and in Chit Chat comments (possibly other areas as well), I'm seeing overlapping and poorly formatted text. It's just a layout issue, but annoying nonetheless. Is that common to the other platforms or just Android?
jimrockford
Send a message

Post by judosquash
I have a Motorola Droid using the latest OS version and latest Waze version. I have several bugs to report.

(1) When I have Waze running and place my phone in the car dock, Waze will not rotate out of vertical mode. I have to completely exit the app reload it to get it to display in horizontal mode.

(2) When I start the app, more often than not, it will crash the first time I run it.

(3) My road updates seem to not show up on the map editor online.

(4) After receiving a phone call or text, when I return to Waze the roads are gone. The road names and navigation icon are still there, but all roads have disappeared.

I am not sure if these have been reported or not. I browsed the forum and didn't see anything related to the Droid model.
judosquash
Send a message

Post by kanguru
2.0.2.7:
I'm having trouble navigating. The marked trail ends right in the middle and it will always be recalculated. Sometimes this happens every kilometer.
kanguru
Send a message
Last edited by kanguru on Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HTC Hero (Cronos Ginger X 2.4.0 - Android 2.3.7) mit Waze 2.4.0.26
Area Manager: Unterfranken (Aschaffenburg und nördlicher Kreis Miltenberg)

krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

majormajor42
Send a message

Post by ManicMinor
Not sure if its just my imagination, but this version seems to start-up and connect to the server much faster than the version currently in the market.
ManicMinor
Send a message

Post by puzia
Waze 2.0.2.6
Android 2.1

After the forced closing of the popup windows is sometimes missing road names and pop-ups themselves are no longer displayed.
Integration with facebook is not working.
puzia
Send a message

Post by puzia
waze 2.0.2.9
htc legend 2.1

after stop navigation do not show street names.
puzia
Send a message