These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by puzia
Last two days unable to send reports
Error: operation failed
puzia
Send a message

Post by rcocchiararo
so, 2.0.3 is out in the market

the changelog said nothing about fixing bluetooth controls highjacking, tho i will test that later.

IF thats not in (i doubt it is :P), PLEASE make that change already, it was reported way to long ago :(
rcocchiararo
Send a message

Post by SanderRutten
Hey,

I have a problem with the very very small close button on the yellow information bar on top of the screen. The button seems to have a 1 pixel touch area, even when I'm not driving I can hardly close this bar. Tapping "anywhere" on the yellow bar to close it would be far more easy. Or auto close it after x seconds.
SanderRutten
Send a message

Post by Shovelheadhd
I'm not totally convinced that the Android version of waze is working right at all. I have been using waze since nov 1st and I'm getting some points updated from the client but routes and new roads are a bust for me. I've only gotten two routes out of all the routes I have driven from short to long to show up and they are two states over from my home when I went out of town. I have recorded my small neighborhood a few times b/c every update seems to wipe out all my client data and it has yet to show up so I can't edit it.

I am trying to be patient b/c I know waze has had a huge influx of people but not having my routes updated to the server and not having my recorded roads show up is about to make me uninstall waze all together and save the space on my droid. I believe I will give waze till the end of nov and then I will have to uninstall. I want to leave a positive comment on the android market but right now I wouldn't be able to do this. The traffic updates by other wazers are the only thing keeping me hanging on.

I know most of the things I have mentioned in this post have been covered everywhere in this forum but I truly believe that the android client is not sending all the data to the server like it should. By the wiki new roads should show up in carotuche within a few days none of mine have ever show up!
Shovelheadhd
Send a message

Post by Shovelheadhd
Thats good to know. I was getting to the point where I didn't know if my phone was messed up or verizon was blocking my data to the waze server for some odd reason.

Thanks for the info! Glad someone with different phone experiences could answer that for me.
Shovelheadhd
Send a message

Post by sjuranic
I installed the 2.0.2.7 client. It still keeps reverting back to "portrait" view even though I have the phone in my car dock and "car home" is active. Could there be a button to lock the orientation one way or another?

I'm on an original Droid.
sjuranic
Send a message

Post by soledk
Tried the 2.0.2.7 version. Not sure if it was due to the client or something else. But I had consistent problems viewing the map, zooming out would show some of the roads, zooming in some others but the first disappeared.

Just drove for about 2 hours with the client, where half of the roads where not visible, checking on live map now has all of the stretch i drove on.

Just before coming home, I uninstalled the waze client, and installed the one from the market, and the map was after a short while complete again.
soledk
Send a message

Post by StarLite
unwallflower wrote:
Shovelheadhd wrote:I'm not totally convinced that the Android version of waze is working right at all. I have been using waze since nov 1st and I'm getting some points updated from the client but routes and new roads are a bust for me. I've only gotten two routes out of all the routes I have driven from short to long to show up and they are two states over from my home when I went out of town. I have recorded my small neighborhood a few times b/c every update seems to wipe out all my client data and it has yet to show up so I can't edit it.

I am trying to be patient b/c I know waze has had a huge influx of people but not having my routes updated to the server and not having my recorded roads show up is about to make me uninstall waze all together and save the space on my droid. I believe I will give waze till the end of nov and then I will have to uninstall. I want to leave a positive comment on the android market but right now I wouldn't be able to do this. The traffic updates by other wazers are the only thing keeping me hanging on.

I know most of the things I have mentioned in this post have been covered everywhere in this forum but I truly believe that the android client is not sending all the data to the server like it should. By the wiki new roads should show up in carotuche within a few days none of mine have ever show up!
This has nothing to do with the android client. It is happening to users with ANY client. The servers are behind. They will upload routes and points correctly eventually... it's just taking a long time for them to catch up.

This has happened before. Last time it happened I had a blackberry (I now have an Android phone), but I still experienced the same problems. It really has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Android client.
Same here, the weird thing is that my dashboard claims to have been updated the 24th, but I am missing a lot tracks since the 19th (altho my tracks from the 20th do show up). Could it be that those tracks will show up later, even though the last dashboard update was today?
StarLite
Send a message

Post by StarLite
I noticed yeah :)
I would expect "last updated" to include all data before that date, but apparently that is not true. My routes are starting to appear now. I noticed 1 weird thing though:
My dashboard sais: "Your recent routes Last update: 11.23.2010", but I see my routes up to yesterday (the 25th) there. So it hasn't updated them, yet it still shows them? :?:
Anyways, I'm happy to see the servers catching up again. It would be a waste to see all those KM's go to waste uh? ;)
StarLite
Send a message

Post by styckx
This beta and the last one continue to post junk on Facebook despite me having it set to disabled and road munching updates turned off. I had to deauthorize waze on Facebook to make it stop.

Samsung Epic
styckx
Send a message