Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by styckx
I can not as I deleted it. An example being I created a route this morning to see how it would route me. I then went on facebook to see the app posted on my wall that I was using waze to head to my destination. I never allowed waze to broadcast routes etc. The only thing I ever turned on was road munches which I soon disabled once I found it basically floods your wall.

Sent from my wrist watch calculator
styckx
Send a message

Post by styckx
waynemcdougall wrote:
styckx wrote:This beta and the last one continue to post junk on Facebook despite me having it set to disabled and road munching updates turned off. I had to deauthorize waze on Facebook to make it stop
So to clarify, you can confirm that on the settings udner DFacebook you had "My destination and ETA" posting turned off - you went back and checked they were in the off setting, because there has been other bugs where settings don't stick - and it still posted your destination (and only destination info) to Facebook?
That's exactly what happened. Under "My destination and ETA" has a check next to "Disabled" and always has. I never once since using Waze ever enabled that option. Yet I still saw a posting of my destination on facebook moments later.

The only thing I ever enabled was Road Munching. Which flooded my wall. That I turned off and it stuck. Soon after is when I ran across the destination bug mentioned above.
styckx
Send a message

Post by support
Hi!

New beta 2.0.2.7 available for download at

Link: http://tiny.cc/and2027

Updates (from 2.0.2.6):

* Car positioning in 3D mode
* sdcard space checking

Regards,
Damian
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by support
Hi!

Thank you all for your feedbacks,

if your Waze version is 2.0.2.9 and it crashes while using it,

please, drive in debbug mode and send us log files, user name and when did it happend,

To alpha@waze.com

Regards,
Damian
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by tdavis75
Hello,

I've been using the latest version of Waze without any problems. About a week ago I had the honors of getting into an early release test for Android 2.1 w/ Motoblur on my Motorola Cliq. After that upgrade on my phone I found that I had to reinstall Waze. For the most part everything has been working great. Except for one thing. I put the app in the background so I check check my email/text or even run another program. When I go back to Waze from the icon in the notification bar, I get the Waze load screen as if it's loading for the first time. Then it comes up with the window where it wants to send an error log, which I have done since this started happening. At some point while it's in the background it is crashing and the logo stays up in the notification bar as if it's still running. But I know it's not running because I'll have a route programmed into it and it will not report a turn in the background when this happens.

I saw that you there is a beta release available. I installed 2.0.2.6 to see if it ran any better. Unfortunately the problem still exists.

Thanks in advance,
Tom
tdavis75
Send a message

Post by tdavis75
I went ahead and tried the newer version. I'm still having problems with it crashing when I switch between apps. I told Waze to upload the log when it detected the crash.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk
tdavis75
Send a message

Post by tdavis75
tdavis75 wrote:I went ahead and tried the newer version. I'm still having problems with it crashing when I switch between apps. I told Waze to upload the log when it detected the crash.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk
Just as an update I did try a factory reset on my phone since my phone was upgraded to Android 2.1. Unfortunately the problem is still occurring.

Tom
tdavis75
Send a message

Post by tdavis75
I installed 2.0.2.9 yesterday. I was able to give it a go last night and this morning. After using it last night I thought I was in the clear with it crashing when switching apps. I started to get excited until this morning came around. It started crashing while it was in the background. However here is the thing. Before when it crashed I never got any messages saying that it did a FC and the icon stayed in the notification bar. Starting with this version I'm now getting a FC on Waze while it's in the background. The icon stays up in the notification bar. If I click on the icon I get the Waze logo screen and it loads back up. It wants to send an error report at that time, which I have the few times it crashed. The other thing I noticed was the crash wasn't instant while in the background. I noticed it was about 4-5 minutes later while reading email when I would get the crash notice. Once again this is on the Motorola Cliq w/ Android/Motoblur 2.1.

Thanks again,
Tom
tdavis75
Send a message

Post by TK80866
Installed the 2.0.2.7 version and everything works perfectly ok with me BUT, and I also emailed about this (but I kind of wondered if more people feel the same about this), I really dislike the lowered car position in 3D.. Anyone else feel the same about this?

Besides searching every time where the car went, I really miss being able to see what streets I just passed.. I know I can still see it when I touch the screen and move it all but I kind of don't want to do that when driving.

I really hope it will be reverted to the old situation. I understand that it would create more view for people to see what roads are coming up, but especially in 3D mode you are able to see a lot further than in 2D mode.
TK80866
Send a message
Had a lot of outdated stuff here.. I should be more active, I guess ;)

Post by tmitche2
I'm running 2.0.2.9 on droid 1 forgot to exit before pulling out of car dock and it locked up the whole phone. I have now turned debug on, so the next time that happens, I will send you the logs.
tmitche2
Send a message