These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

tips for battery issues

Post by Timbones
More battery saving tips can be found here http://bit.ly/WazeBattery

:geek:
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Answers: 2

POSTER_ID:1445148

Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by dmcconachie
xstewiex99 wrote:waze actually posted that link on facebook :mrgreen:
Tim wrote it last year. We posted it on the UK Facebook page last week and Waze saw it from there! ;-)
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by fernandoanguita
Also don´t forget that the charger has to have current capacity to charge the phone properly.

Smart phones need 1 A chager or more, and there are lots of chargers that charge 0,5 A (cheap, slow chagers) that sometimes will only help you to keep your actual charge and not charge the phone really if you have the screen on all the time.

The bigger the screen the bigger capacity of charging you need.

Screen on for smatphones will need rough 0,35 A just to keep the screen on, regardless of the applications running on the phone.

Just for you to check the current capacity of your charger.

Regards from Concepción, Chile, to all fellow wazers around, :D
fernandoanguita
Master Raider
Master Raider
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by OiledAmoeba
Hi,

I've had some real bad abnormal high battery temp while using waze in the past and also the power of my official car charger can't recharge my battery. After I reported this as a bug, waze closed it as "not reproducable".

So I spent a couple of hours on searching google. And I found a solution!

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S2, running Android 4.1.2 (VIA) (VIA is the code for O2-Germany-branding). The build in modem in this ROM is the cause for this high battery consumption and for the high temp.

I flashed my modem to XXMS3, which is announced on xda-developers as the newest broadband-modem for the INTL-version of the Galaxy S2. Now the battery temp is quite normal and my charger can recharge the battery while using waze.

Side-effects of using XXMS3 as modem comparing to XXLS6 which is build in originally:
(Not complete. Only what I've noticed by now)
  • longer lasting battery
  • faster GPS-Fix (approx. 30 sec. (cold) and <10 sec. (warm)
  • GPS is more accurate (about +-5-10m
  • better Bluetooth
  • faster WiFi
  • faster GPRS
Maybe some of the affected users want to try this solution ...
OiledAmoeba
Send a message
Gruß
Florian
=/\=

https://s.waze.tools/c3s.png https://s.waze.tools/beta.png
RTC-Manager Hannover; AM Hannover, Traben-Trarbach/Wittlich, Ostfriesland
Beta-Leader

Post by Riamus
The latest versions of Android will also show you what is running. Keep in mind with Android that it is actually a bad idea to close apps that are running. Android is designed to keep things running and if you fight that design, you'll just end up with problems. I don't know what other operating systems do regarding apps. In any case, keeping the phone cool is helpful (not too cool). And don't run apps that are known to drain your battery (music can definitely create a battery drain while using Waze depending on the phone and music app). And always remember that each phone is different. Some have better battery usage and life than others. Where most phones won't lose battery when using Waze plugged in, some may and there may not be a way around that beyond getting a better phone.
Riamus
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Previously Area Manager: Michigan - Northern LP.
Waze running on Samsung Galaxy S21+.