These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Mobile App Directions Not Working

Post by mbambo
For some reason, the mobile app thinks my house is down the street by about four homes. I checked the map editor and confirmed my address is where the house is thus correct. I also used the web app for directions and it properly finds my house.

I raised an incorrect driving directions report and was told the problem was fixed but it is not.

I suppose four houses is close enough but would prefer directions to my house be correct.

Suggestions on how to get this fixed?
mbambo

POSTER_ID:16785223

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Are you entering the full address including city and state? And selecting the first search result?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Waze still has a ways (pun!) to go to tweak their code which scans your search entry and determines what kind of search it is, and how to pass it on to providers to get the most relevant information, even without all the info. It doesn't seem to do a good job of finding nearby addresses or POIs. People assume, rightly so I believe, that if I search for a Kroger or other store, without city and state explicitly defined, it should use my current location and find hits around me first. It doesn't do that well in many cases.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Bigbear3764
If you look it up on Google, where do they have it?
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
Where are you at? In the USA, we use Google as our third party address look up. Where you are at might be different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by mbambo
Google and even Apple :) has it in the right spot.
mbambo
Send a message

Post by mbambo
AlanOfTheBerg, thanks!

When I do the full search it works properly. Seems the problem lied with how I set my Home address. Not sure how that went wrong but it seems to be working now.
mbambo
Send a message