These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze app and map editor inconsistent

Post by SlowButEffective
More and more, Waze is sending me to the wrong location. I want to correct the issue in the map editor, but keying in the address in the editor goes straight to the right place.

Example: 209 W 6th Ave, Vancouver, BC: Waze app sends me to W 6th Ave between Alma and Dunbar. The map editor correctly shows that block as the 3600 block of W 6th. Searching for 209 W 6th Ave, Vancouver, BC in the map editor sends me to the correct location.

What is the best way of getting this fixed? I'm finding that perhaps more than 10% of my trips are now incorrect. I prefer to fix myself rather than just reporting the problem, but have reported the problem in the Waze app. Also, what is the best way to report the problem on the web rather than the Waze app?
SlowButEffective

POSTER_ID:10736188

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
In the app, I get the search result on West 6th Avenue (all spelled out, that's rather ridiculous) between Columbia St. and Alberta St.
photo.PNG
(99.47 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
This is also where Gmaps puts it, which is what I would expect.

I wonder what would be causing you to get bad search results? Are you selecting from the first (Waze) set of address results?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
SlowButEffective wrote:Is the key to always choose the first one, or is the key to choose the one that has "BC" on the end (even though both locations are in Vancouver, BC)?
In general, yes. That's the one which Waze will have deemed to be most likely (highest ranking).

I checked bing, mapquest and yahoo and all gave the correct location. I can't figure which search engine is returning that bad result.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by SlowButEffective
Hi Alan. Thanks for your quick response. I re-searched this time and the first entry gave the correct result, same as you. The second result gives the following result.

http://www3.telus.net/public/srtench/WrongAddress.PNG

Is the key to always choose the first one, or is the key to choose the one that has "BC" on the end (even though both locations are in Vancouver, BC)?
SlowButEffective
Send a message