These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by mrpete
Deleting my account and starting over is NOT a solution.
mrpete
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Colorado

Post by MrTickle
This issue has been driving me nuts for years. I can manually spend hours re-ordering them to how I like them, but sometime at random after that, they all get jumbled up again into a random order. Not my order, not the order I added them, and not alphabetical order.

I need a way to edit favourites on the website or to save/restore favourites in the app so that when (not "if") Waze screws up the order, I can put them all back!
MrTickle
Send a message

Post by MrTickle
I find having one big list of favourites very cumbersome and difficult to scroll though.

Please would you consider allowing Groups of favourites to be set up, not fixed group names, but let me create my own groups. I'd create "Family", "Business", "Friends" etc but those names should be up to me. Then, instead of a huge list to wade through I could have much fewer, shorter, lists.

Many thanks.
MrTickle
Send a message

Post by MrTickle
OlderTimer wrote: I too have the Android version, but I CAN sort ... and have done so for a couple of years.
However, it is NOT automatic. Users must manually move the Favorites to the position they prefer.
  1. Open WAZE
  2. Click on SEARCH button
  3. Click on Favorites tab
  4. Look in the upper right corner for the EDIT button
  5. Click on it
  6. Hold finger on the "Hamburger" on the right of any Favorite.
  7. Drag it to the position you prefer.
  8. Click on DONE after moving all Favorites in this fashion
Then, cross your fingers and hope the list is not scrambled the next time you open WAZE.
This used to work, but it now broken in Android. Is it just me please? When I try to drag the "Hamburger", it won't move.

Because Waze scrambles the order, a very annoying bug which has not been fixed for many many years, it's essential that we get this functionality back, otherwise Waze is fundamentally broken. It's impossible to find a favourite in a randomly-sorted list, it's ridiculous.

I can't believe they would have DELIBERATELY removed this function?!?
MrTickle
Send a message

Post by MTLotts
Thank you for this! I had 2 "work" favorites and this was driving me crazy. Your solution worked perfectly. Been using waze for almost 3 years and love it. Not sure why they wouldn't just add this functionality under the "Edit" portion of the favorites.
MTLotts
Send a message

Post by myckchin
The problem still happen, only only sorting, but also duplicating.
myckchin
Send a message

Post by Mynios
There is no need to double post your problem nor to shout with capital letters. :wink:
Mynios
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Mynios
Sorry, but the answer is no.
Mynios
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by norcal34
Another Moto X (2nd gen) Pure edition version with this problem still.
Navigation rendered pretty useless
norcal34
Send a message

Post by NybbleMe
I couldn't get it to **** off with my old work address and it wouldn't allow a blank address for work, so I put in my home address. Now whenever I change the address to my new work address, it changes my home address ALSO. When I change my home address back to the correct address, the *******ing thing changes BOTH again.
NybbleMe
Send a message