Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze & My Car's "entertainment" system

Post by rjkelley58
Is there a way to get Waze to work on the screen of my car's "entertainment" system?
rjkelley58

POSTER_ID:16828379

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Does it claim to be able to integrated with smartphone nav or other apps? Again, as Andy noted, if you can't provide ALL the details, you can't expect anyone else to be able to help. It's like asking "how do I set up my email?" without specifying whether you're talking about creating a new email account, or getting access to it. And for getting access to it, do you mean on your phone or on your computer? And then, which OS is your phone or computer running? What email app or software are you using?

It goes on and on. Without details, you aren't going to get help.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Have you checked the Chevy website for more information? Isn't there an actual manual where it goes into more detail about how to do this? Typically, you can get assistance from your dealer.

Did you read what you just typed? "advanced voice control" is ALL that says. It has nothing to do with getting your phone screen onto your car screen, etc.

FYI, this sounds a lot like Ford's (Microsoft) SYNC, which just allows you to do things like dial your phone and other rudimentary stuff, but can't get stuff on the screen. The car imports your contacts so you can browse them on the car's touchscreen, but you aren't actually doing anything with your phone at that point. Bluetooth only is what it sounds like and the actual functionality of that is very limited.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by amallah
Is there *any* factory in-car system that can display Waze on the screen in the car?
amallah
Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
You're going to have to provide A LOT more info that that for us to be able to help you.

What kind of car? What kind of "entertainment" system?
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by dmcconachie
And for those looking for the Android version, we covered it here: http://www.landofdroid.com/2013/dash-mo ... projectn7/
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by Icenor
After I bought a new iPad I buildt the old one into the dash.
http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/06/ipad ... nt-carpoo/
Icenor
Send a message

Post by mep208
GM on select vehicles now allows iphones and android smart phones running android 5.0 and higher to project certain phone apps on the in-car info-entertainment center. I can directly connect my Galaxy S7 to my 2016 Corvette via the USB charging cord and put Google maps from my phone on the 8 inch screen in my car and have full voice/touch screen control of the map. Since the GM system is 'open source 'waze programmers' should be able to write an app which will allow one to project the Waze map with all the voice/touch screen technology on to the in car system.
mep208
Send a message

Post by NP-97
Hi guys, any news on this topic?

I'm buying Chevrolet Cruze next week - and there's a "MyLink" system. It looks like it's able to work with the phone via Bluetooth and download additional data from the Internet (through the smartphone). There are also some apps that use phone and internet (internet radio and navigation).

Would be fantastic to see Waze on that awesome screen.

Regards,
Tigran.
NP-97
Send a message

Post by ovaid
What would need to happen is you'd plug in your phone and the phone screen should show on the car screen. It would be similar to plugging in your laptop or desktop to a larger monitor and show the display.
I don't think that technology is available yet to even plug your phone into a computer screen. Once that comes out though I'm sure it will be a short time before it integrates to a vehicle.
FYI I'm sure they have some sort of cheap Chinese version of it. Google it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ovaid
Send a message