These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Voice commands aren't heard on Android.

Post by bobsk8
I have a Nexus 4 android phone with Android 4.3 I have my phone using bluetooth in my car. Everything works, except when I try to issue a alert using voice commands, and I keep getting the error that the app can't hear what I am saying. It tries a couple of times, and I am talking as loudly as I can, and still get the same message. Does this feature not work on the latest version of android, or on bluetooth? Phone calls and all other functions on the phone work perfectly on bluetooth.
bobsk8

POSTER_ID:5268487

Send a message
Nexus 4
Atlanta, GA.

Post by AndyPoms
Not all bluetooth devices support all bluetooth protocols. Voice Calls are handled differently than Voice Commands.

I've used two different bluetooth headsets with the same phone (at different times), one supported voice commands, the other didn't.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by jimmcnic
This problem is still going on. When I start Waze I have no problem at all, voice commands are fine. After a little while though I get the "Couldn't hear message". Thought it was background noise but it doesn't work even when the engine is off. Looks like some kind of weird bug,

James
jimmcnic
Send a message

Post by mjtenney
I have the same problem on Galaxy S III (Android 4.3). Prompts are either not heard at all, or are short and cut up. I did what is mentioned in the support site: Uninstalled Waze, erased Waze folder from phone, emptied cache, restarted phone, reinstalled Waze. Didn't help. I wonder when Waze are going to solve the problem. PITA.
mjtenney
Send a message

Post by stang7043
bobsk8 you are not the only one. I 100% believe its not a BT issue. Waze did work with my in car BT audio up until fall of 2013 give or take. Since that update voice commands will not work.

Android v 4.3
Waze v 3.7.8.0
stang7043
Send a message