These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by SpineDoc7
jasonh300 wrote:viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68423

The option to turn off "Auto Learn Routes to frequent Destinations" seems to have disappeared, and it's been forced to "ON". This is on both iOS and Android based on the thread linked above (xstewiex99 is on Android).
What's up with this, this is terrible. I drive a lot and every single time I have to hit the No button if I'm going home or to work. I used to be able to turn it off, why would they force us into this? Was this an error or how they want this to function?
SpineDoc7
Send a message

Post by srichgtr
Just a thought. Those people that say waze doesn't respond via voice: if you're using ios7 it now has a permission toggle for each app to use the microphone so I'm assuming you'd need this enabled somewhere for waze to hear you or waze might need it toggling off and on again after an update. ios6 didn't have any such restriction.
srichgtr
Send a message

Post by stephenstrath
I am experiencing a black bar at the top of my appradio 3. The image doesn't fill the screen anymore. The black strip at the top is just about the size of the status bar at the top of the screen when using Waze directly on the phone. (just thought that might be related). Also like previous earlier versions I can only access the initial settings window, after that menus are completely unresponsive and you can no longer scroll. For example search results, Favourites or recent results. This newest version really did a number on the app. It took something that was functioning perfectly fine, had no complaints, and now the app is less then usable.
stephenstrath
Send a message

Post by stephenstrath
I'm sorry but I have to post again because I am getting livid with the waze app and it's developers. I'll start off by saying that I use waze 5 days a week as a delivery driver and it is an essential part of my job. I also do appreciate the new voice command integration. BUT waze is the ONLY app I have ever come across that is released to the public far too soon with far too many bugs. When I bought my appradio it was strictly for the ability to use waze. Now version 3.7.3 had zero bugs for me. The image filled the screen properly, the menus all navigated and scrolled properly. Version 3.7.6, the image does NOT fit the screen, the menus do NOT scroll. And my question is simple, how was this released to the public then? If the app was non functioning with a hardware device that advertises it's integration with waze, I would hope you would have a beta tester who would check its functionality with appradio. It would be waze as a companies job to make sure it did work before releasing to the public. I can tell you that myself, and any other user who dropped 600$ on a appradio soley for waze, we are tired of switching to a different navigation app every time you guys release a new version way too early. Why jump the gun? Take the time to work out the bugs. I was able to tell you in 30 secs the app wasn't ready for release, I can't scroll and the image looks like crap? I'm tired of the pattern of only being able to use waze 9 months of the year, because the other 3 you guys release a version that doesn't even function. I've always felt you give us appradio users the short end of the stick. I'm past frustrated.
stephenstrath
Send a message

Post by stephenstrath
I really really hope us appradio users aren't being ingnore. I have an app I can't use... Someone answer me why? I can't scroll, there's a ugly black bar uptop, someone tell me how this made it from beta to an official release when it doesn't work? Is this how waze operates? An app that doesn't work for those of us using an appradio? I am pretty sure I'm done with waze and ready to let my friends know to give up waze aswell. Honestly it's one thing to have a few bugs, it's another to release an app that's un usable. GET IT TOGETHER. Seriously I'll pay for this app as long as it works. Get some better developers/programmers. Give me an app that works. Period.
stephenstrath
Send a message

Post by steveningelbrecht
Is the option to share your drive via Facebook or Twitter still present with you iGuys? I don't' have an iPhone, but multiple users who do have one report they don't have the option any more... Also, in Android the easy way is gone, but the option is still possible via all kinds of apps...

Thx for your response!
steveningelbrecht
Send a message

Post by StormtrooperAMA
Responds and reaction times could be much faster. Navigation wise and in the app in general
StormtrooperAMA
Send a message

Post by TacoTRD
stephenstrath wrote:I am experiencing a black bar at the top of my appradio 3. The image doesn't fill the screen anymore. The black strip at the top is just about the size of the status bar at the top of the screen when using Waze directly on the phone. (just thought that might be related). Also like previous earlier versions I can only access the initial settings window, after that menus are completely unresponsive and you can no longer scroll. For example search results, Favourites or recent results. This newest version really did a number on the app. It took something that was functioning perfectly fine, had no complaints, and now the app is less then usable.
I'm having the same issue with the blank gap at the top of the screen, except I'm using a AVH-X8500BHS in appradio mode. None of the screens will allow you to scroll anymore either. I hope they fix this! Waze just seems to be getting worse with each update!!!
TacoTRD
Send a message

Post by tateu3cX
Navigation audio on an iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3, still does not work if USB is plugged in and "Prefer Bluetooth" is on.

A simple test:

Works
1) Disconnect iOS device from bluetooth audio devices
2) Disconnect iOS device from USB
3) In Waze -> Settings -> Sound, turn on "Prefer Bluetooth"
4) Start navigating somewhere
5) You should here "Let's Go," through your device speaker

Does not work
1) Disconnect iOS device from bluetooth audio devices
2) Connect iOS device to USB on a computer (or car, etc.)
3) In Waze -> Settings -> Sound, turn on "Prefer Bluetooth"
4) Start navigating somewhere
5) There is no audio
tateu3cX
Send a message
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3, Waze 3.7.6.0

Post by tateu3cX
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Is the car stereo set to USB audio input?
I've tried it with the stereo set to radio, USB and Bluetooth. None of them work. Like I said, you don't even need a car to test this. Follow my 2nd set of steps listed above and plug your iOS device into a power outlet in your house via USB, that's enough to kill the navigation audio for me.

This all used to work on an iPhone 4s running iOS 6.x. I used to plug it into the USB outlet of my car and leave the radio on. When it came time for Waze to give me directions, it would interrupt my radio with a Bluetooth call. I no longer have that device so I cannot test it with newer versions of Waze or iOS. Is iOS 7.x the problem, or is the iPhone 5s the problem or are the newest versions of Waze the problem?

I do actually keep a lot of the old ipa files for Waze when iTunes deletes them after an upgrade. I have versions 3.7.2, 3.6.0, 3.5.3 thru 3.5.0, 3.2.2 thru 3.2.0, 3.1.0 and 3.0.1. If I start feeling adventurous, maybe I'll try installing some of them and see what happens.
tateu3cX
Send a message
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3, Waze 3.7.6.0