Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

iOS 3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Red light camera alerts are now at 0.5 miles, which is way too far. 0.1 or max 0.2 miles for an RLC. There's no need for any further advance warning.

Police alerts are still at 0.3 miles, which is way too short. Should be 1 mile or maybe .75 miles.

This version doesn't have the "expanded" Help section in the Settings. Not sure if that is by design.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:701618

Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by aes38
iPhone 5, iOS 6/iOS 7, sound through the phone speakers.

Very often - sometimes even twice a day - the sound volume become very low. The volume in iPhone/Settings/Sound is set to maximum. The volume in the Waze app is set to maximum (checked in both "Waze/Settings/Sound/App volume" and with iPhone volume buttons), but the sound from the iPhone speakers is low. I have tried to change volume in iPhone settings, Waze app settings, iPhone volume buttons, but the sound volume in Waze stays low. Closing and reopening Waze did not help either. The only way I found to fix the volume issue is to shut down the iPhone and then restart it. After that I start Waze and the volume control shows that the volume is low (using both iPhone volume buttons and Waze's App volume settings) even though before iPhone restart the volume was shown as maximum. After that I can change the volume to the maximum and the sound from iPhone speakers comes loud and clear.

I use Waze on my phone for three month and the problem existed with previous versions of Waze and iOS.

It seems that changing volume in other apps between using Waze, causes the volume to change in Waze, but Waze somehow is not aware of it and still thinks that the volume is on max.
aes38
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jasonh300 wrote:The option to turn off "Auto Learn Routes to frequent Destinations" seems to have disappeared, and it's been forced to "ON". This is on both iOS and Android based on the thread linked above (xstewiex99 is on Android).
Not for me.

UPDATE: Strike that. I downloaded from the app store this morning and it is showing me 3.7.3 in the About page. Very strange!
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I experienced this in the beta and still it happens in 3.7.6: the App Volume slider does not stay where I put it. After backing out to the menu, go back into Sound, the App Volume slider is where it was before.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
tateu3cX wrote:Does not work
1) Disconnect iOS device from bluetooth audio devices
2) Connect iOS device to USB on a computer (or car, etc.)
3) In Waze -> Settings -> Sound, turn on "Prefer Bluetooth"
4) Start navigating somewhere
5) There is no audio
Is the car stereo set to USB audio input?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
tateu3cX wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Is the car stereo set to USB audio input?
I've tried it with the stereo set to radio, USB and Bluetooth. None of them work. Like I said, you don't even need a car to test this. Follow my 2nd set of steps listed above and plug your iOS device into a power outlet in your house via USB, that's enough to kill the navigation audio for me.
I used to run Waze on iPhone 4 iOS 6, and now am on iPhone 5 iOS 7, plugged into USB power every day, and have no issues getting Waze to output to speaker, bluetooth headset (prefer bluetooth) mode (interrupts radio/CD), and bluetooth streaming (mixes audio without other output from phone).

The only thing I think I'm doing different is since I use BT, I don't do the "disconnect from BT audio devices"
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
tateu3cX wrote:If the 2nd set of steps above, with the device plugged into your computer or wall output, works on your iPhone 5 then maybe it is an issue specific to the 5s?
Check the mute button setting at the top of the Main Menu. It's tri-state and you may have it muted or on alerts-only.

UPDATE: Scratch that. If you're getting audio in the first test you wrote, it wouldn't be the mute button...
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
mtbgtr wrote:I am actually seeing/hearing the alerts at 0.5 miles out since I upgraded to 3.7.6 on my iPhone 4S yesterday. This is better, but a mile would be much better doing 75-80 on the freeway. Not sure if this was mentioned prior but is it possible to have it longer the faster you drive?
The alert distance change was noted earlier in the thread. Problem is, I've only seen a .5mi pop for a red light camera, which is way too early. I might not drive through it for 3 minutes. Police need more distance.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
kukimonsta wrote: new "English - US - Boy Band" navigation voice didn't seem to work.
Download issue notwithstanding, the custom voice files like this have been in Waze since 2010.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
eberends wrote:However, after each map-update (I'm on the International maps) it forgets all it has learned. Is this standard operating procedure or is something wrong?
There is no feature to remember routes, regardless of what the previously available option said. This is an often-asked question, which is why it is in the FAQ: https://www.waze.com/wiki/FAQ#Why_doesn ... _routes.3F
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message