Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by tateu3cX
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The only thing I think I'm doing different is since I use BT, I don't do the "disconnect from BT audio devices"
I don't disconnect bluetooth in the car either. The steps I listed above were really just for testing purposes in your house.

All I know is that what used to work with my old device, old Waze version and old iOS version no longer works with my new device, new Waze version and new iOS version.

If the 2nd set of steps above, with the device plugged into your computer or wall output, works on your iPhone 5 then maybe it is an issue specific to the 5s?

Thanks for checking.
tateu3cX
Send a message
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3, Waze 3.7.6.0

Post by tateu3cX
And scratch my in the house testing results. It does actually work in the house when plugged into the wall via USB. In regards to that, I was only doing a subset of on actual navigation with driving. I have found that when I 1st start Waze and navigate somewhere, it says something similar to "let's go." If I then cancel navigation and immediately navigate somewhere else, it does not say "let's go." If, instead, I cancel navigation and put Waze to sleep or force quit Waze and then start another navigation, it will again say "let's go."

So ignore those in house tests but I do have some more info that seems to narrow down the problem and atleast provides a work around.

My normal process of driving somewhere:
1) Start the car with Waze off and USB disconnected
2) Bluetooth automatically connects within a few seconds
3) Plug in USB and start Waze, I'm not sure which order I usually do these two in
4) This means that Bluetooth is connected before USB
5) I get no audio from Waze

What I just found, after testing in my driveway for 10 or so minutes:
3) Plug in USB
4) In iPhone settings, disconnect from Bluetooth and reconnect to Bluetooth
5) Start Waze
6) This means that USB has now been connected before Bluetooth
7) Hooray! I get audio from Waze via Bluetooth interrupting my radio

And tomorrow, I guess I'll have to try starting the car with USB connected, to see if it can connect faster and before Bluetooth.
tateu3cX
Send a message

Post by tateu3cX
tateu3cX wrote:My normal process of driving somewhere:
3) Plug in USB and start Waze, I'm not sure which order I usually do these two in
4) This means that Bluetooth is connected before USB
5) I get no audio from Waze

What I just found, after testing in my driveway for 10 or so minutes:
3) Plug in USB
4) In iPhone settings, disconnect from Bluetooth and reconnect to Bluetooth
5) Start Waze
6) This means that USB has now been connected before Bluetooth
7) Hooray! I get audio from Waze via Bluetooth interrupting my radio

And tomorrow, I guess I'll have to try starting the car with USB connected, to see if it can connect faster and before Bluetooth.
No luck when plugging USB in before starting my car, audio will only come from USB. I guess I'll have to remember to plug in the USB cable, then disconnect from Bluetooth and reconnect to Bluetooth manually every time I get in my car and plan on using Waze.

It seems that, for my iPhone 5s at least, the Waze setting for "Prefer Bluetooth" doesn't actually work when I plug in the USB cable after connecting to Bluetooth in my car.
tateu3cX
Send a message

Post by The-Fog
Using:
iPhone 5s
Waze 3.7.6
USB power via cigarette lighter adapter to my car
Waze set to Prefer Bluetooth

I hear Waze commands over my car speakers, but Waze does not hear me when I wave my hand, wait for the beep, and speak.

If I speak to Siri, it Siri hears me.

Waze just keeps telling me it didn't hear me.
The-Fog
Send a message
Last edited by The-Fog on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by tjSTUDIO
In the morning I drive to work and the time at the bottom of the display is only time to the next turn. If I select that button I get the route overview screen with ETA to destinations/time in hours/minutes. When I drive home, the display at the bottom only gives me ETA to my destinations. How can I select which version I am seeing? Sometimes I prefer time to next turn, other times I prefer arrival time to destination.
tjSTUDIO
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
Looks like map dimming issues with popup reports is still not fixed. I got a popup report, it highlighted the incident but then went back to show current location with map dimmed and highlight still there. Wonder why they cannot resolve?
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
So is waze ever going to fix screen dining issue? Am I the only one with issue on new upgrade?. someone said it might be fixed on latest upgrade but for me not.. A popup report come In, screen goes dim ave it highlights incident.. Popup goes away but either screen stats dim or screen is dim with highlight on current road. it makes program unusable...
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
I'm now having issues where popup report comes up and it shows incident on map but when popup goes away, map is still showing incident and not current location. pressing location button does nothing.. It's also diming and highlighting at times.. I cannot use this program and have not since previous update started all of this.. Im now using SYGIC with custom poi and tomtom traffic..
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
Well I'm guessing I should give up on this program.. Waze does not seem to want to fix major issues. I still have map darkening, stuck on highlighting and showing a map location of a popup report ave never going back to current location.. All of this makes the program useless... I keep posting this up and waze, if they read this forum, doesnt fix.. I am getting to the point of deleting off my iphone since it's a wasted program.. Waze cannot tell us they can't fix.
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by vloris
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The app volume slider is fixed in the current beta. The easiest way to adjust device volume in waze is to active ASR (voice recognition) and use the phone volume buttons while the "listening" prompt is on the screen.
So that's only possible if you are in the USA or Canada? Voice recognition doesn't work elsewhere in the world as far as I know...
sketch wrote:If you'd rather not wait for Waze to make a sound before you can adjust the volume, disable "Change with Buttons" under the "Ringer and Alerts" section in the iOS Sound Settings menu. I found I never actually changed the volume on my ringer (it's always "loud" or "vibrate"), so now I have control over the media (and Waze) volume basically whenever.
Thanks! That's a better workaround!
vloris
Send a message