These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Anyway to close Waze?

Post by distantarray
anyway to automate the Waze App to automatically close upon reaching your destination?
distantarray

POSTER_ID:16839144

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
And there is no way to do this on iOS due to Apple restrictions.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
Not at this time. There have been several request for Tasker (or similar) integration.

In accordance with the Forum Rules, please search before posting.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
Arch2Anne wrote:Since Tasker has been removed from the Play Store, is there another method for exiting Waze completely?
This topic is more than a year and a half old. In accordance with the Forum Rules please do not reopen topics that are more than six months old.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by Arch2Anne
Since Tasker has been removed from the Play Store, is there another method for exiting Waze completely?
Arch2Anne
Send a message

Post by Edward50095
Since waze rarely "nails" the address, this would hardly ever work. Your navigator would close 2 blocks too soon or not close when you arrived.

Multiple stops on a trip rarely act right for the same reason. Waze does not realize the first leg is over when it is or vice versa.

I just double tap the home button and swipe the ap away. It takes like one second, and I'm picking up the phone anyway.
Edward50095
Send a message

Post by iDominique
Here is a video tutorial on how to close Waze with Tasker.

iDominique
Send a message

Post by lloyd_a
AndyPoms wrote:Not at this time. There have been several request for Tasker (or similar) integration.

In accordance with the Forum Rules, please search before posting.
Actually, there is (at least with Android). Did this with Tasker myself at the weekend (and no need to root). No nasty messages about abnormal shutdowns. You need to use the following intent:

Action: Eliran_Close_Intent
Cat: Default
Target: Broadcast Receiver

Create a task with an action of Send Intent (found under Misc actions). I delay by 1 minute after disconnection of Bluetooth (using the Wait action found under Task).

Lloyd
lloyd_a
Send a message

Post by MarqW
Doesn't work for me on my Nexus 4 running Android 5.1.1 using Waze 3.9.4.0. It's still in Waze's AndroidManifest.xml, however:

Code: Select all

<receiver
android:name=".CloseIntent"
android:exported="false">
  <intent-filter>
    <action
	android:name="Eliran_Close_Intent"/>
  </intent-filter>
</receiver>
MarqW
Send a message

Post by noisygecko
Wow, I saw that intent mentioned somewhere else and thought they were kidding. But it does work. Normal intent names have the product path somewhere in it, as well as something that somewhat describes what it does. I had looked at the manifest to verify that that the intent exists, and then found this page.

So, thanks for the info! Works great.
noisygecko
Send a message