Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Why are my drivers freaking out about toll roads?

Post by ponzu
The toll roads in my area are marked as such in WME. When I get directions involving toll roads, the routes in the route browser are labeled with "TOLL".

Yet drivers keep creating URs screaming from the top of their lungs that such and such is a toll road.

What are they seeing/not seeing in app and what should I be telling them?

Since I know which is and isn't a toll road, I guess I have never paid attention to what the app does and does not say about toll roads.
ponzu

POSTER_ID:20748

Send a message
Rank 2 editor, Orange County, California

Post by AndyPoms
Where are you talking about? (i.e. what country/state?)
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by CrackedLCD
I get complaints like this as well for a local toll bridge but no matter how I try routing myself, Waze never disobeys the toll/no toll option, so I don't know what they're complaining about.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 4
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

ponzu
Send a message
Rank 2 editor, Orange County, California

Post by slandrum
I've tried prompting some of them, asking if they have toll avoidance on, and if they are still being routed onto toll roads, but I never get any response to my queries on the URs.

There are several possibilities, toll avoidance may have been disabled accidentally by the user, or in an upgrade to the app. The user may have Waze running on more than one device and may have forgotten to "avoid tolls" on one of them. They user may have selected an alternate route from the list not realizing that even with toll avoidance on, when you list alternate routes it may list routes with tolls. Or the user may actually be encountering a bug in Waze's routing engine. Without some response to the queries on the URs it's difficult to tell what's going on.
slandrum
Send a message
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png