Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby Mender444 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:21 pm

leogodoy1980 wrote:I think level icons are mixed. I am a Warrior, but on the "My Waze" screen I am shown with a sword.

Same here. When I log on an Android mobile with my account I see the shield, as it's supposed to be.
Definetly a WP bug.
Mender444

Postby Miro_Ke » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:54 pm

I'm not sure if there's anyone representing Waze reading this, considering no fix/update has been released so far, but I can also confirm:
- huge battery drain - 3-3,5 hour drive took my HTC 8X from 100% to 0% while constantly charging with my 1A charger...
- Facebook connection doesn't work (even though you can use a workaround and connect to FB if you install Waze on Android/iOS using your credentials. Then your friends become visible in Windows Phone as well
- not possible to join groups (the workaround above can be used though)
- not possible to edit gas prices
- there are problems with the emailed "share my drive" link, however removing http:// and retyping the link manually seems to help, strange...
Miro_Ke

Postby MisterMerlin » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:01 am

Lumia Icon (AKA 929) on VZW - Biggest annoyance is no option to play voice guidance through Bluetooth to GMC Acadia. Also find that it freaks out and places me on other roads while in parking lots, therefore it can't tell me where to go from where I am at.
MisterMerlin

Postby mmstrz » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:23 pm

josefec wrote:
leogodoy1980 wrote:Thi, on "When will we get an updated version for Windows Phone":

https://twitter.com/waze/status/486884337715912706

Really sad. This is how it looks when Google “is not evil”. This was one of the great apps that helped to put Windows Phone on par with the other platforms. And now it’s dead.

It's amazing how petty Google can be. I understand that its a competing platform, but Microsoft has excellent apps (Office, OneDrive, Skype) on both Android and iOS.

This reminds me of that Youtube app debacle. Windows Phone still doesn't have a proper YouTube app because Google refuses to make one, and won't let Microsoft make one themselves.

I own all three platforms in multiple devices. I would like to have a seamless experience across all of them, but right now only Microsoft's apps are identical across the board.
mmstrz

Postby moinsundemi » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:03 pm

Dear Waze,

Please solve this battery draining issue, I can only use waze for short trips with my Lumia 920.
moinsundemi

Postby Mrcolobus » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:48 pm

New to Waze, interesting app but haven't found it too useful yet (lack of users in Kent perhaps?) but still find it interesting!

I'm using a Lumia 820 and have the following issues.

1) Voice volume not changing regardless of setting in app, would ideally like a mute button on the navigation screen.
2) Other Wazers are static on the map, is this how it is on all devices?

Interestingly no issues with keeping up with charge using CR-200 holder. Gets warm but that's normal using any of the more 'intensive' apps in my experience.
Mrcolobus

Postby muerte_ » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:21 pm

TexasTibab wrote:I had never heard of your app before, but just saw on Reddit that this had been released for Windows Phone. It's a great looking app that I'm excited to try out, but I do have one small complaint.

When I hit the "Connect to Facebook" button during initial setup, nothing happened. After setting up, I found that button again in the Scoreboard area, and when I hit it there the button disappeared and I was not provided a way to connect to my Facebook.

My device is a Samsung ATIV S Neo from Sprint with GDR3 installed. Thanks for looking into it!

I too am having this issue. I'm trying to add friends and I looked in the ask a question, where I'm unable to ask a question just look at and choose questions, and it says to add phone number during sign up. I wasn't given that option and am unable to find where to add number.
muerte_

Postby Nadler369 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:08 pm

Having problems with Windows Waze on Nokia 928:
First, after Waze would not remember me when I would close and re-open the app, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, then when this didn't fix the problem, I deleted my account and re-registered. That seemed to fix that problem.
The issue I'm currently having is that when I enter favorites, Waze doesn't remember them. It has my home and 3 favorites stored, but it seems when I select my favorites from my contact list, it doesn't remember them the next time I open the app. Also, when I select "info" to "show on map" to one of these contacts (before I close it), the app closes. If I add these favorites by searching for the address directly, I don't seem to have these issues.
Nadler369

Postby nakres » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:07 am

Werewolfie wrote:
aparallaxview wrote:Just set up my account but it appears to sign me out each time I exit and requires me log back in when I re-start the app.

I am on an HTC 8x running WP8

aparallaxview wrote:Waze is not remembering me when I go back into the app. I exit via the button and when I re-start I have to log in again...

Htc8x

I have both these problems on Nokia Lumia 925 WP8 Amber. Clearly not working as intended.

Other than that, an awesome app. That's why I care enough to contribute. :)

I solved that by removing the % in my password. Apparently, it has some problems with percentage signs in your password. If you have any other strange characters in your password, you could try to remove them.
nakres

Postby nicholas1029 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:50 pm

I've been using Waze almost daily on a Lumia 620 with WP8.1 and there are numerous bugs. I'm surprised no one else has brought these up yet (unless they have, but I didn't find those posts). But in particular, the most annoying ones are:

Most of the time when I launch the app, it doesn't prevent the phone from auto locking. The only way to fix this is to go into the Waze settings and toggle the auto lock switch off and back on again.

Often times when I report something, the spinning loading icon will appear on the screen as normal. However, after the report submits, the loading icon stays on the screen. I can see the "you've got 6 points" message appear behind it, but the loading icon never goes away until I restart the app or tap the back button. This also has happened to me when I first enter a route to navigate it and it starts to load. The route details will appear behind the indicator, but it doesn't go away like it's supposed to.
nicholas1029

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App