Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Froggypwns
johng75370 wrote:I just switched from one Windows Phone 10 (WP10) to another - went from Acer Jade Primo to Alcatel Idol 4S. Waze was working fine on the Acer, and now crashes on startup because it can't find network. Anyone find success with the Idol 4S? I've tried changing APN, setting it to IPv4, etc, but not finding the magic recipe. I know its not supported, but it still is in the Window Store and must have some people using it.
I've been dealing with the same for a week or two now. I had to factory reset one of my WinPhos now whenever I try and launch Waze from it, it fails to initialize and gives a network error. It still works on my phones it already was setup on, but new phones and phones recently reset no longer work with it. Cellular and Wifi don't make a difference, neither does being on Win8 or 10.

I've had some friends try it out, and I even went to a Microsoft store and tried it on a display model phone, all have the same problem. I'm guessing that Waze changed something with its servers and now the older versions can no longer connect to the initialization features.

There is no solution I've found, our options appear to be either use a different app like Bing Maps or Copilot, or downgrade to a different phone running an inferior OS. Waze stopped caring about Windows once Google bought the company out.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
Is anyone familiar with Interop Tools? I've been hoping to use that to copy the appdata or something else from a phone with a working Waze to my ones without, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do that.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
chiques805 wrote:I have a Lumia 950 XL. It appears the maps are not always updating so I'm seeing screens like this. I let Waze Support know and they said it wasn't their issue.
jacked_map.png
Usually just telling it to navigate to the destination again fixes the proceed issue.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
I came to see if anyone else noticed the same. I noticed starting I believe Saturday that Waze crashes within a minute of launching on all my Windows phones. It appears to be something server related, as if I put the phone in airplane mode, it will run without issue, but of course then we don't have any of functionality that makes Waze great.

Looks like this is finally the end. It is a shame that there is no better map application, even my stand alone Garmin isn't as fast or as accurate as Waze in regards to dealing with routing around traffic.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
usdima wrote:Same for Nokia Lumia 521 (Windows Phone 8.1). Location: USA.

It is completely understandable that Wase terminated support of Windows Phone 8.x / Windows 10 Mobile, but this decision shall be delivered in ordered way at least on this forum and not just in the way of "Application crashed".

Ideally, if no more support for these platforms, the app shall be removed from Windows Phone/Windows 10 Mobile Store.
Honestly I don't think it was intentional for it to crash. I also had Android with Waze 3.7 and it is doing the same thing now, and my cousin with a really old iPhone that can no longer update with a pre 4.0 Waze is now crashing too. I assume Waze changed something on the backend, never tested it with the legacy versions, and now they all crash at launch.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
Looks like I'm late to the train, I discovered Waze working again yesterday. Glad to see I'm not the only one still holding out! :)
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Fulmination
Hello guys,

Waze 3.7.4.5 WP 8.1 Update 1 Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE EU:
When you install the app first time you have to accept the terms and conditions but it's pretty hard if you cannot scroll down to be able to click on the buttons at the bottom because the buttons are hidden by the WP built in button bar... nice UI from Waze. See the attachment.

Is it already resolved in newer versions? Unfortunately there is no newer version available right now in the store of my country.

Thanks,
Fulmi
Fulmination
Send a message
Attachments

Post by funtomi
Fulmination wrote:Hello guys,

Waze 3.7.4.5 WP 8.1 Update 1 Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE EU:
When you install the app first time you have to accept the terms and conditions but it's pretty hard if you cannot scroll down to be able to click on the buttons at the bottom because the buttons are hidden by the WP built in button bar... nice UI from Waze. See the attachment.

Is it already resolved in newer versions? Unfortunately there is no newer version available right now in the store of my country.

Thanks,
Fulmi

Swype from down your nawbar will hide
I am using waze on Lumia 640
funtomi
Send a message

Post by G8dude
I have used Waze for 2 years, been a map editor and Waze Royalty. I used Waze on my personal Windows phone and my business Android phone. I've got to say that I told a lot of people to use this app and I feel let down. I had a few glitches on 8.1 but lived with it. Now that I have 10 and downloaded the app again (multiple times) I have no voice guidance or sound at all, all settings have been checked. It also tries and fails to download and install new prompts. I guess my only recourse is to complain to the Windows Store to have the app removed since it is non functional and not supported. And yes, I have removed it from my Android phone and am actively telling my friends to remove it from their phones (yes, Android and IOs phones) as well. A brilliant display of pomposity, Waze. Thanks.
G8dude
Send a message

Post by gablestout
I'm having a similar problem on 3.7.4.5 on an HTC One (M8) for Windows.
If I attempt to navigate to a point on or north of NE 85th St, Kirkland, WA, on a route that would take northbound I-405, between NE 70th St and NE 85th St, the app crashes while calculating the route. The crash persists regardless of how long the app is open before calculating the route, until I pass NE 70th St, at which point the app calculates the route without problem.
The primary route (home) that the crash occurs on is a 23 mile route, and I have no problem calculating longer routes that do not include traveling on this particular section of road.
This does not occur while traveling southbound across the same stretch of road.
This issue has been occurring for about 10-14 days now, and never occurred in the 3 months prior. There does not appear to be anything on the map that would cause a routing error.
The error has persisted across two different HTC One (M8) Windows Phones and, across three installs, and occurs whether or not I am logged in with my account, navigate to a saved location, or navigate to a searched address.
gablestout
Send a message