These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by TWSchroeder
Froggypwns wrote:
TWSchroeder wrote:I just updated my Windows phone from 8 to 8.1 I can no longer see traffic reports. If I report a problem myself, waze lets me go through all the steps, but I don't see the icons.

Yes, I have the "Show on Map" settings correct.

If anyone with an 8.1 update does not have this problem, please let me know so that I can trouble shoot elsewhere.

Thank you.
Waze works fine for me on both my HTC 8X and Nokia 521, both running their latest builds of 8.1.
Hmm. Thanks. I'll try to figure mine out then. I can't add the reports or see them (I have verified I have the reports on in my display). Thank you for the feedback.
TWSchroeder
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
"Those" roads are nearly impassible and barely jackassable.

I think it says a lot about an editor to view how often they thank others.

[img]https:///tdL1sG[/img][img]https:///ubk1Zx[/img]
Area Manager | Rectangle from South Solon to Wilksville https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... vN7jGxVpOo

Post by UberGadgetFreak
I have a Lumia 1520 and use Waze a LOT.

A few things to note:
1: No Landscape mode - frustrating
2: No voice input for address search within Waze (I have to rely on the separate phone search itself).
3: Address searches appear random, not in order by nearest to farthest
4: It would be a "nice to have" option to export/export addresses between waze users

None of these are critical by any means, but would be nice to have.

As for the battery issue - Some chargers say 2 Amps, but they are not continuous or consistent. I've had to go through a few chargers before I found an old Garmin one that will charge my 1520 while using waze and Bluetooth simultaneously. If the phone back is getting hot, your charger may not be charging the phone with enough power/current.
UberGadgetFreak
Send a message

Post by UberGadgetFreak
Facebook login issue - Ive been able to repro this issue on a Lumia 520, 920 and 1520 - it kicks back to waze. The workaround is to log in on another non-WIndowsPhone device and link your IDs there until Waze is updated to support the new SSO model in Windows Phone 8.1.

Also, it's interesting to see how they are using the Hub/Swipe model. There is no requirement to use the ModernUI elements on Windows Phone. They could completely bypass this entirely to make it behave more like it does on Android and iOS (case in point - check out the 7-Eleven app on Windows Phone - identical across all 3 platforms. If they can do it, Waze can, too).
UberGadgetFreak
Send a message

Post by Uhclem42
Well besides for the long suffered bugs in the Windows app, recently I have been unable to process messages in my Inbox in the WP app. I always get "Oops an error has occurred, try again later"

Of course, I could just read them online.... ohh that doesn't work (by design) either. Sigh.
Uhclem42
Send a message

Post by UnnDunn
Yeah, yeah, I know. Windows Phone. Maybe the three of us still using it might want to chime in on this, just for the record.

Anyway, for the past couple of weeks, the ads in Waze have been broken.

https://i.imgur.com/CMWAlNsm.png

That is all.
UnnDunn
Send a message

Post by usa_q7suwe9y
How do you access microphone on iPhone 11?
usa_q7suwe9y
Send a message

Post by usdima
Same for Nokia Lumia 521 (Windows Phone 8.1). Location: USA.

It is completely understandable that Wase terminated support of Windows Phone 8.x / Windows 10 Mobile, but this decision shall be delivered in ordered way at least on this forum and not just in the way of "Application crashed".

Ideally, if no more support for these platforms, the app shall be removed from Windows Phone/Windows 10 Mobile Store.
usdima
Send a message

Post by usdima
It looks like Waze on Windows 10 Mobile was killed without any reason. It is not protocol change problem. That's why: Waze (last update from year 2012) still works on Nokia Symbian phones without significant issues. Almost everything works: maps, route planning, traffic, notifications, road issues etc. The only visible problem is that during startup there is a pop-up message "Can not connect to server" (yes, same message as on Windows Phone devices) but this message can be ignored and Waze continues to work as fully functional app.

It means it is just minor issue on Windows Phone devices that is causing Waze app to crash/exit.

Obviously, if my Nokia N8 (year 2010) can run Waze, Windows 10 Mobile phones also can rum Waze.

Attached image of my Nokia N8 with working Waze app:

It takes long time to connect to some server/services (you can press Hide, if you want):

https://i.postimg.cc/cL8HFM8R/waze0.jpg

Error message:

https://i.postimg.cc/7L9y9fX1/waze1.jpg

But no problem, it still works.

https://i.postimg.cc/TP4tTxPM/waze2.jpg

Again, there is no change in protocol (or, at least, all changes are backward compatible), it is just that Waze/Google does not want to fix this minor issue. While the fix is impossible for Windows Phone 8.1 devices (their Microsoft Store is frozen and will be shut down on December 16 2019), the fix is definitely possible on Windows 10 Mobile devices where Microsoft Store is up and running at least until 2021.
usdima
Send a message

Post by Uturnaroun
I've been using Waze almost daily on a Lumia 620 with WP8.1 and there are numerous bugs. I'm surprised no one else has brought these up yet (unless they have, but I didn't find those posts). But in particular, the most annoying ones are:

Most of the time when I launch the app, it doesn't prevent the phone from auto locking. The only way to fix this is to go into the Waze settings and toggle the auto lock switch off and back on again.

Often times when I report something, the spinning loading icon will appear on the screen as normal. However, after the report submits, the loading icon stays on the screen. I can see the "you've got 6 points" message appear behind it, but the loading icon never goes away until I restart the app or tap the back button. This also has happened to me when I first enter a route to navigate it and it starts to load. The route details will appear behind the indicator, but it doesn't go away like it's supposed to.
Uturnaroun
Send a message

Post by Uturnaroun
josefec wrote:
leogodoy1980 wrote:Thi, on "When will we get an updated version for Windows Phone":

Really sad. This is how it looks when Google “is not evil”. This was one of the great apps that helped to put Windows Phone on par with the other platforms. And now it’s dead.
I was afraid of this happening when I heard that Google bought over Waze. And it looks like it is indeed true. So all the WP users are left with a sub-par, buggy app. It's a shame because I've been using and contributing to Waze religiously lately to help make the service even better. Looks like it's time for me to stop...
Uturnaroun
Send a message