These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by MarDark
Please make an update for Windows Phone. I know Google and Microsoft are not showing any love but you should care more about the users. :ugeek:
MarDark
Send a message

Post by mariogti
Notice that the Thread for WP is the most commented and the most viewed.
When I first entered in Waze almost 4 years ago in a Symbian phone (Nokia N8). It was at the same level of the other OS.
Then with the end of Symbian it was obvious the lack of support (only whatsapp was been updated frequently).
Moved to WP with a Lumia 930 and finally I had a lot of features I didn't had in the 808... but the same known issues: cant see the messages of the inbox, cant get back my crown as avatar, etc.

Well, I hope that WP10 really can use apps from other OS.
I would use here maps, sadly in my country doesn't show traffic.
mariogti
Send a message

Post by mariogti
nzahn1 wrote:When you look at the android/ios threads over the same time frame:

WP 3.7.6 - 52K views / 18 m = 2900 views/mo
iOS 3.7.6 to 3.9.4 - 121K views / 18 m = 6731 views/mo
Android 3.7.6 to 3.9.4 - 142K views / 18 m = 7917 views/mo
Sorry, I didnt see the date of origin of those threads.

Even so, Waze MUST make an update for an app that was been for 18 months without any upgrade. Google is afraid of MS, and why? they don't have a very reason.
mariogti
Send a message

Post by markhs
BoxSoft wrote:I concur that battery drain is bad on my 1020, but the 1020 is a battery hog, even not using Waze. The best I've managed (leaving my phone virtually untouched), the battery lasts only 26 hours. If I actually use my phone, then I'm lucky to get 10 hours out of it. If I use it heavily, I drain it in less than 4 hours. Even my old crappy iPhone4 was better in this regard (with a 3-year old battery).

If I'm using Waze, then the problem is obviously worse. With a 1-amp charger, Waze will drain the battery in about 3 hours. I've just gotten a 2-amp charger, so hopefully that's a bit better.

I'm really hoping that MS is able to tweak the OS to a more efficient battery user, and for Waze to improve it on their end as well.
I think this is pretty much on Waze. I can run Navigon and other navigation apps and if plugged into a charger, they don't drain my battery. While using the same charger, Waze drains the battery in under an hour.
markhs
Send a message

Post by markhs
The update solve the battery drain issue. Last weekend I drove for a total of 7 hours connected to a charger. My phone never lost charge (battery level stayed the same) and I was able to use Waze the entire time. Phone never got hot, warm but not hot. I have a high amperage charger and a good cable which is probably a requirement for any gps apps.
markhs
Send a message

Post by markymark31
Hi,

I'd just like to add my request to the "please can you resurrect Waze for WP" list please !

I've been forced (through work) to move from my iPhone to a Microsoft Lumia 640 running Windows 10, and the app has installed fine. Obviously loads of missing features compared to what I have been used to but the app is still usable and works well.

Installed initially over WiFi and had similar issues to above with no voice list etc. but once I got out on the road onto 4G everything seems to work fine (and I could download Natalie so I am very happy) :D

So..... come on Waze help us guys out and give us a truly universal app to be proud of !
markymark31
Send a message

Post by martijnbeuker
Plz guys update the WP app!!! It would be very much appriciated!
martijnbeuker
Send a message

Post by Martin594
Waze no longer offers me alternate routes or times of arrival, reporting "Uh-oh! Failed to communicate with routing server". I think this started following a WP10 update last week and I know many WP10 users have had various broken app problems since the update. So is this just me or are others affected?
Martin594
Send a message

Post by MartinSik
REally it's a shame that Waze let Google force them to drop Windows Phone. I've been using Waze for 2 years now, I never dodged an opportunity to advertise this app. I send my ETA at every single person I4ve a meeting with to show them how cool this is. But I can't fully use this with my own wife and sister because they are on windows phone and it's impossible to add a windows user as "friends" on Waze. It's like they did not have they app installed (but they have!).
MartinSik
Send a message

Post by Matkoone
when i read about it here http://www.windowscentrum.sk/waze-dalsi ... planujeme/ i did not believe... but it is true :( please make support for windows phoneeeeee
Matkoone
Send a message