Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by themudman
Proffa71 wrote:
Mrjames1970 wrote:same issue as above post...waze crashes at start of app. windows 8 phone, have uninstalled and reinstalled still have same issue. did notice a map tile update from waze server 10/28/15 maybe this caused the issue ? any help ? is this the right thread ?
Map update might explain this... I've also had some weird routing problems on last few months and in Live Map those routings work just fine so it might be related to this...

Well, if issue doesn't get fixed and Waze (Google) thinks people will change phone platform because of it they're wrong. At least I will definitely stop using this rather than changing away from WP. I like Waze but not that much that I would tolerate Android phone for it ;)
I doubt the map update caused it, just 8 hours ago Waze just worked fine for me. Five hours later it crasht.
themudman
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Thifurtado
Quando teremos a versão atualizada para Windows Phone ?
Thifurtado
Send a message

Post by Tim-MAH
Blame Google. They are the "Waze team" now, and actively do all they can to ruin anything to do with Windows Phones. I can't figure out if they do this because they were jealous because the WP operating system is so much better than Google's Android, or more because they saw WP as a threat that needed to be dealt with.
Tim-MAH
Send a message

Post by Tim-MAH
chiques805 wrote:How do I turn the "police warning" prompt volume down? Currently it is very high and it's not pleasant when I'm listening to loud music on from my phone.
Open your SETTINGS
Swipe over to ALL (settings)
Click on SOUND
The first option is PROMPTS VOLUME
Lowering this should bring the volume of the prompts down
Tim-MAH
Send a message
Attachments

Post by Tim-MAH
Jackolope wrote:So we are in a catch 22, you won't write an updated application because more users aren't on the platform but more users won't come to the platform because folks with that attitude on the other application stores won't produce applications. Maybe if more app developers just decided to start supporting Windows 10 phones then people would buy and then the users would come.
I just came back to Windows phone from an Android phone and I am sad to see that nothing has been done since I left last year. :cry:

There really is no catch-22 situation any longer. The egg-head running Microsoft completely abandoned the Windows Phone customers. :x Instead of overtaking IOS for second place, which WP was on track to accomplish, the percentage of people using WP is now less than half of one percent. Apps are being abandoned by their developers and there will be precious few new ones in the future. Now, I'm not giving up my WP for some crappy Android by any means, but there is no upward trend on the horizon. It is over.
Tim-MAH
Send a message

Post by Tim-MAH
Spark211 wrote:Hello,

I have selected a new voice for the application and was told it had to be downloaded. I accepted this and despite having a good wi-fi and with all the other Internet functions working fine on my phone, it just sits at 0% downloaded and eventually times out. Any clues?

I am running the latest version of Waze for Windows Phone (Win 10).
* You will not be able to download any of the celebrity/specialty voices
* You also will not be able to use Navigation "Including Street Names" - "Directions only" is what you must select
* I find the English (US) Prompts to be incomplete, some distances are missing, so instead of hearing "In a quarter of a mile, turn left" you might only hear "Turn left" which is confusing if your turn is a half-mile down the road (in which case hearing a quarter of a mile wouldn't be much help, either)
* The English (UK) Prompts seem to be complete and you should be able to download them without a problem...I use nice Natalie, because Carole sounds like a bitch

Oh, and if the voice you tried to download doesn't cancel you will probably have to delete the app from your phone and reinstall it, because it might never stop trying and giving you error messages, unless you like that kind of thing. HTH
Tim-MAH
Send a message

Post by Tim-MAH
It's missing features, but I wouldn't say it sucks. Traffic, incidents, map updating, and routing are all real time, which is what is vital to navigation. It would be nice if the missing features were there, but as is, it is still the best app to get you where you're going.
Tim-MAH
Send a message

Post by timdhaeyer
Please update the app on windows phone. It's annoying to see how well it works on Android and iOS. The current version really sucks.
timdhaeyer
Send a message

Post by TimWallCool
I am running Waze 3.7.4.5 on a Lumia 950 XL and while all other screens auto-rotate, the Waze screen will not auto-rotate and stays in a portrait orientation.

Details
Waze 3.7.4.5 - as show on the windows store

Model: Microsoft Lumia 950 XL Dual SIM
Carrier: NAM CV
Software: Windows 10 Mobile
Insalled RAM: 3 GB

Version: 1511
OS build: 10.0.10586.29
Firmware revision number: 01078.00027.15506.02005
Hardware revision numer : 4.0.3.1
Radio software version: B055c43.00004.00001
Chip SOC version: 8994
Screen resolution: 1440x2560
TimWallCool
Send a message

Post by tinypocket
Please fix! There were issues but at least the app would work. Now voice nav prompts don't work and it crashes when you try to navigate to most destinations
tinypocket
Send a message