Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by CoolCityCat
Hi Guys!

Just letting you know that I'm also one of the *not-so-many* WinPhone users who would like Waze for WinPhones getting some love from the devs. Or if there is really no further support or updates for WinPhones then it would be wise to man up and say so. You know, just don't leave the WinPhone users hangin'...

Peace!
CoolCityCat
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
https://imgur.com/YmclhkQ.gif
Volunteer Map Editor | Raider - Wherever needed ๐Ÿ—บ๏ธ
Coordinator | Local Champ | Country Manager - Malaysia ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡พ
Community Booster - Brunei ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ณ
Beta Tester - RBS, WME & Android ๐Ÿดโ€โ˜ ๏ธ
Localizer - Bahasa Malaysia (ms-MY) ๐Ÿ’ฌ
Google Product Expert - Waze (Diamond) ๐Ÿ’Ž

๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡พ Editing in Malaysia? Malaysian Waze Forum | Wazeopedia Malaysia
Waze Malaysia Social Media Channels - Facebook | X/Twitter | Telegram
Waze Malaysia Community Groups - Facebook | X/Twitter | Telegram

๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ณ Editing in Brunei? Bruneian Waze Forum
Waze Brunei Social Media Channels - Telegram
Waze Brunei Community Groups - Facebook (WazeBORNEO) | Telegram

Post by CoolCityCat
jimsterapasstru wrote:Voice on my Nokia 1520 suddenly changed to male voice.
Selected "Kate" back.
No voice.
Selected "Thomas"
No voice.
Selected other country then reselected UK
Says Voice is "Simon" - 'TF - Wasn't even in the UK voice list.
Reinstalled App.
No voice.
Hard reset device.
Reinstalled App.
Umpteen times.
On wifi.
Still No voice.
Downloads voices on wifi (apart from Terminator - sticks at 0%), but regardless of what other voice is selected, nothing.

Windows version is dog muck.

THANKS GOOGLE.

I might just get a cheap android basher as I'm doing a lot of miles and it's saved me hours in the past.
Tom's and Kate's voices were permanently retired from the app globally. Nothing to do with phone OS or Waze version. Got the info from Waze news feed.
CoolCityCat
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
https://imgur.com/YmclhkQ.gif
Volunteer Map Editor | Raider - Wherever needed ๐Ÿ—บ๏ธ
Coordinator | Local Champ | Country Manager - Malaysia ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡พ
Community Booster - Brunei ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ณ
Beta Tester - RBS, WME & Android ๐Ÿดโ€โ˜ ๏ธ
Localizer - Bahasa Malaysia (ms-MY) ๐Ÿ’ฌ
Google Product Expert - Waze (Diamond) ๐Ÿ’Ž

๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡พ Editing in Malaysia? Malaysian Waze Forum | Wazeopedia Malaysia
Waze Malaysia Social Media Channels - Facebook | X/Twitter | Telegram
Waze Malaysia Community Groups - Facebook | X/Twitter | Telegram

๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ณ Editing in Brunei? Bruneian Waze Forum
Waze Brunei Social Media Channels - Telegram
Waze Brunei Community Groups - Facebook (WazeBORNEO) | Telegram

Post by coolibop
The app no longer works in US/Canada for Windows Phone users who reinstall the app. The only way to get it working still is via the International option (disable location & cellular data to get prompts to select International) outside of US/Canada. That is, it appears Maps and Navigation will not work in US/Canada any longer on Windows phones.
coolibop
Send a message

Post by craigals75
I suppose this is why the inbox setting on the windows phone does not work at present
craigals75
Send a message

Post by CyrillePugeault
Hi guys, I just buy 950XL lumia and waze is realy bad, My waze App on iPhone 4 is way better than the WindowsPhone, Can google wake up and make something about Windows 10 ? nobody use waze on WP because he is outdated, Maps or Here drive is way better than waze for now.

Pls do something about it.
CyrillePugeault
Send a message

Post by dahangman
janb1981 wrote:Just moved from iOS to Windows Phone. Feature I miss the most is the "share my drive" option where I can send a message with a link to my route and ETA.
I'm on v3.7.4.5 on Windows 8.1 (HTC8X) and I can get to the share option:
- Menu > Send > Share Drive
- Send by Message or Send by email

There is another related section:
- Menu > Send > Send a Location
The options here are
- My current location
- My Destination (this is what I have selected)
- My Saved Locations
- Recently Searched
dahangman
Send a message

Post by dahangman
Hi,

If I look at route options via the Routes button or clicking the lower part of the screen, I can see alternate routes just fine. The problem is, when I click the back button or another route, I lose the center of the map.

In other words, I lose the option to center my car on the map. My map stays still and the car symbol drives right off the page and out of the field of view.

If I try to center the car on the map by touching the map screen, the zoom and north-up options appear, but the compass symbol that I would ordinarily click to center the map does not appear on the screen.

My only option to continue on with automatic map centering is to choose Navigation again and start over with my routing.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or have a solution?

Thanks,

I have v3.6.4.5 according to the Help/About screen. It also says the last this was updated was 2/24/2015 (last week). Windows 8.1, HTC8X.

Sorry if this has been asked before. I searched through quite a few posts and I didn't see a similar question/issue.
dahangman
Send a message

Post by dameblue
Hello,

After a reinstall because my Waze crashed on my Windows 10 phone a strange phenomenon appeared. I logged in but it seems that after november 24th 2015 (!) no synchronisation has taken place. So my inbox, my points and my favorites are all of that date after logging in...
The favorites I recreated (like the change of worklocation which I had in january 2015), but my points are still missing (a small 95.000 points...)
When I read the "to do's" it also mentions a verification code, but I don't see a send button or a place to enter that (I'm using the dutch version)?
Can anyone help me?

Thanx, Dameblue
dameblue
Send a message

Post by daphne_n
why cant i configure the voice on waze to go through my car's bluetooth like i can in iphone?
daphne_n
Send a message