Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by tdehan
When are the audio prompts supposed to return to Waze for Windows Phone app? This used to work and I loved the feature. However, for quite some time now the audio prompts stopped. I've re-installed the latest app and have also shut off Blue Tooth as some suggested but that does not fix the issue.

Also, when launching Waze I am constantly getting in red letters at the top of the screen a notification that Waze is downloading voice prompts however, it always fails....
tdehan
Send a message

Post by Tecknoth
Hello there. I've got the same problem somebody mentionned regarding the fact that I cannot connect it to Facebook. I also want to mention that the app doesn't keep m'y login informations, as I'm prompted for login every time I Start the app. Which lead me to the last point. The first login prompt doesn't work. Ive got to bypass it and then log in from the settings section.

This little problème took appart, its a Great job you've done on this app. A big bunch of thanks for it. I'm running it on a Nokia Lumia 925.
Tecknoth
Send a message

Post by Tecknoth
Hello there,

I'm now using the 3.7.4.5 release on a nokia lumia 925 and... Damn I'm not convinced, it still needs to be perfected.

The app still suffers from bugs :
The battery is now less drained, but in return we know have the following drawback : the position is visibly acquired less often. I frequently have holes of minutes in which waze is unable to tell where I am, sometimes the app even believe that a slow down is occuring (popup showing up asking wether I'm in trafic or not). On the same phone, the stock app HERE drive+ always seems to be able to keep track of my position without any problem, and without having to drain the whole battery that is to say...
The app also still randomly hang up and quit, sometimes taking the whole phone os away with it
Tecknoth
Send a message

Post by tenshinoyoru
Screen doesen´t rotate like the android version and is not able to login on facebook. I'm using Lumia 620, please, update... Version 3.7.4.5 the only available in windows phone store
tenshinoyoru
Send a message

Post by Termato
I second Gulasz' statement. I just recently found out Waze was out for Windows PHone and you all cut off support for it...already!? Barely a year. That's insane. I really want to use the app but if it's not being supported or updated, I see no point. Please reconsider supporting WP8.
Termato
Send a message

Post by TexasTibab
I had never heard of your app before, but just saw on Reddit that this had been released for Windows Phone. It's a great looking app that I'm excited to try out, but I do have one small complaint.

When I hit the "Connect to Facebook" button during initial setup, nothing happened. After setting up, I found that button again in the Scoreboard area, and when I hit it there the button disappeared and I was not provided a way to connect to my Facebook.

My device is a Samsung ATIV S Neo from Sprint with GDR3 installed. Thanks for looking into it!
TexasTibab
Send a message

Post by The-Spirit
Hi,

I have a problem with Waze, it keeps trying to download an voice but this fails every time.
WP 8.1 on a Nokia Lumia 1024.

Is there an solution?

Thanks in advance!
The-Spirit
Send a message

Post by TheKilla4Rilla
same issue as above post...waze crashes at start of app. windows 8 phone, have uninstalled and reinstalled still have same issue. did notice a map tile update from waze server 10/28/15 maybe this caused the issue ? any help ? is this the right thread ?
TheKilla4Rilla
Send a message
Last edited by TheKilla4Rilla on Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by TheKud3
Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks a lot for your job on the W8 app. It's a real pleasure to have this app on our devices. First tried it for new year's eve trip, and it's really wonderfull.

I will just confirm what every people over here :
- Facebook connection is not working. Adding to this, it would be great to have a facebook login button somewhere in the settings, for example in the social tab. It is kinda tricky to login from the rankings.
- Battery drain is not a big concern when you have a power plus in your car, but is still disturbing. Driving 3 hours yesterday dropped battery level from full to about 75%, while plugged. Ran out of battery on the way for the first trip (but didn't check battery first).

I will add that the app is really well integrated in the Windows 8 system. Using it when you have been using such a device for a while is pretty straightforward.

Once again thanks a lot for your great job, and keep going on it !
TheKud3
Send a message

Post by themudman
Same for me on WP8.1 Lumia 735
themudman
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message