Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by ValleyForge2
I would love to be able to read my messages too. Even on the desktop would suffice. But overall Waze has made a remarkable difference to my commute, so message reading isn't a big deal.
ValleyForge2
Send a message

Post by Varjohaltia
Aside from the issues mentioned so far:
The audio volume, when using Bluetooth on my Lumia 521, is rather high. The volume control slider does nothing -- I can adjust it, but it doesn't actually effect the audio volume.
When I launch Waze prior to the phone pairing to the car's Bluetooth, Waze does not switch audio to Bluetooth once the phone is paired, but continues to use the phone speaker instead. The audio volume control here is also ineffective.
Varjohaltia
Send a message
Last edited by Varjohaltia on Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Varjohaltia
I've just started to notice another issue that I originally thought was just occasional flaking of the phone. Frequently when I open Waze, the map view appears. When swiping right or tapping the Waze icon to bring up the menu (with Navigate at the top), instead of a menu just a blank screen appears. I can switch between the blank screen and the map view, but the only way to actually get the menu to appear is to restart the app.

Not a bug as much as a an improvement request: when I switch back to Waze after visiting another app (like moving to another podcast) and Waze does it's whole "do you want to continue navigation" thing, if I answer "yes" to wanting to continue navigation, Waze still brings up the whole 10-second start delay with route options again. I think that's redundant, and I'd rather it just resume navigation from where it left off. (Of course it not dying in the background in the first place would be even better.)
Varjohaltia
Send a message

Post by Vatbub
Hi there,
did anyone notice: The Thread is called "Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread" and we are all talking about ver 3.7.4.5 Is there an update in the works?

Next I wanted to say that the German voice without street names sometimes leaves out the distance in its announcements. That sounds something like that (translated in English): "In meters turn left"
Vatbub
Send a message

Post by Vatbub
One more thing: When will there be Facebook integration and Waze Groups? I am missing especially Facebook.
Vatbub
Send a message

Post by Vatbub
Hi there once again.
Just to bring everybody up to date who wants to post answers in the future.
Issues we were already talking about some pages ago:
No landscape mode
No Facebook integration
No groups integration (replaced right now by football teams)
High Battery consumption
No possibility of gas price updating

Furthermore, I recommend to post feature suggestions in the UserVoice-Forum since the Waze staff is not really reading this forum.
Lionelpc wrote:I'm using waze on a Lumia 625.
I'm missing a feature that allow me to record incidents of any kind later on the map.
That issue has already been discussed here. As you can see the suggestion has been declined by the Waze staff to prevent people from spamming the map.

Greetings,
Vatbub
Vatbub
Send a message

Post by Vatbub
gregorypilar wrote:Hi,
there are plans to update the app , so we can get all the features that IOS and Android app has?
Unfortunately not. Waze tweeted recently that there are no plans to update the WP version.

Although there is a long list of known issues to be solved, it seems that Google (main shareholder) decided to stop updates for WP.
Vatbub
Send a message

Post by Vatbub
The problem I see is that Waze will (as I hope) continue development of the WP version when it has more users. But there won't be more users if there are so many bugs.
Vatbub
Send a message

Post by veejays
I moved from Symbian to WP only to now realize that Waze is not gonna be supported?

Come on folks, there are ton of WP users out there. The market exist. Hope you guys could work things out and provide updates and support for WP. Thanks
veejays
Send a message

Post by vince1612
Arfy wrote:Erm, no more supported ?
They don't mean that it was taken down and disappeared, just that it's not longer supported. It's the same as this, for example:
Microsoft wrote:Windows XP support has ended
As of April 8, 2014, support and updates for Windows XP are no longer available.
You can still have it and use it, but it's just not going to have anymore updates.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png