Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by fofroredodrorikok
Waze only starts first time after installation on Nokia Lumia 625. After closing it(going back to homescreen) next time you try to start the app begins startup sequence but crashes before you can see the navigation view. Restart of phone dosen't help. Closing app with "back arrow" gives same resultat. Uninstalling and reinstalling Waze helps first time the app starts but then it's the same again.
fofroredodrorikok
Send a message

Post by Ford-Racer
I find it hard to believe that the iOS and Android apps have that many bugs that the Waze team cannot spare 1 developer for a few days to update Waze every few months. An update even twice a year to fix some bugs would be great.
Ford-Racer
Send a message

Post by FranseFranc
Though I like Waze I am about to remove it from my Windows Phone and switch back to Here. I realize that the Windows Phone market is only #3 but still the number of users on Windows Phone cannot be neglected...
FranseFranc
Send a message

Post by frd751
Same here, since the end of summer Waze has stopped working on Nokia Lumia 930. Really sad :(
When I start the application it shows Waze logo and then kicks out of the app.
frd751
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
I fixed the battery draining issue for my HTC 8X by getting an Anker charger. Cheap chargers claim they will put out 2+ amps, but in reality this is only if you have an iPad connected, due to the setup of the port anything else will charge at a lower rate like .5 amp. The Anker charger has two different ports on it, the port labeled "Android" will charge up my HTC 8X and my Windows tablet faster than even the wall AC adapters will. I can use Waze all day and it will still charge it up to 100% full even if it wasn't.

Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
To add on top of my last comment regarding the Anker charger, it works great on my Nokia 521 too. I had to send my 8X in to be repaired, so I picked up a cheap 521 as a spare, and have been using it for about a week without any drain issues.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
joostboers, get a better charger, I was having the same issue with a cheap charger.

This one fixed my issue, and will even charge my tablet faster than my AC adapter.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
Yes it will charge basically everything if you have a USB cable for it. I have used mine to charge cameras, PS Vita, Nintendo 3DS, bluetooth headsets, multiple Android/Windows phones.

The Apple port will charge iPads and iPhones at the maximum possible rate, everything else is just half an amp, which is plenty for most devices. The Non-Apple port is the one I use for my Asus tablet and my Windows phones as that is the port that outputs at the 2+ amps you will need to keep charged while Wazing.

Good news regarding power drain, the latest beta of the Windows version uses quite a bit less power, so you won't drain as fast if you aren't on a charger or have a low spec one.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
MisterMerlin wrote:Lumia Icon (AKA 929) on VZW - Biggest annoyance is no option to play voice guidance through Bluetooth to GMC Acadia. Also find that it freaks out and places me on other roads while in parking lots, therefore it can't tell me where to go from where I am at.
This isn't an issue with Waze but your car. Not all the radios on the Acadia support that functionality. I have the same issue with Waze not being able to broadcast audio over bluetooth in my GMC Canyon, but on my motorcycle it can and it works great.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
mappao wrote:
OPElly wrote:
fakawi wrote: the "Recalculating Route" spinning icon layer does not disappear even after Waze has recalculated the route. Navigation continues with the spinner spinning in the foreground.
(Nokia Lumia 925)

(pressing "Back" button to shut down and then cancelling shut down will get rid of the spinner)

thanks!
I have the same problem on a Lumia 521.
Same on Lumia 620 and 1020
Happens to me once in a blue moon, HTC 8X and Nokia 521. Seems to be related to having a weak signal or slow connection. I get it occasionally when submitting reports too. Not a big deal but pressing the back button fixes it.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message