These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Nigel44Cool
Now running, I did not factory default!
Nigel44Cool
Send a message

Post by niki81vd
Please update of the application window phones. At present, the application can not connect to the server to see the messages. Can not download new voice guidance. Can not add photos to new places. It can not register a phone number. I can not add friends from the community. I can not add a photo to my profile.

Who is able to undertake the renovation of windows phone OS?
niki81vd
Send a message

Post by NomadTimelord
I'll add my name to the list of WinPhone users who would love to see some updates.

My main gripes (shared by others, I'm sure)
- No Landscape mode.
- Oftentimes when switching from LAN to cellular data, it will "Load" infinitely, like when it's calculating a new route or recalculating a current one. It then persists in this until the next app reboot. Pressing Back makes it go away, but also asks if you want to shut down Waze.
- No access to our message inbox AT ALL. The only place to see these messages is in the app, and the app attempts to connect to the wrong URL for each and every message. Which would be alright if we could see our messages on the website, but we can't because reasons.
- No voice commands? I'm assuming that's the case because I've looked up all the commands and none of them get recognized. So that means a minimum of 3 taps to report an Event.
- Speaking of reporting Events, I can only store one Event to add detail to "Later." If I add a second, the first vanishes from the left side "queue" bar area.
- This whole anti-Microsoft policy Google runs with lately. Waze loads everything up in Internet Explorer, but sits and does the spinning circle load on the actual map forever. Is there actually a reason it isn't working, or do you guys check if we're running IE and forcibly block the app from launching? I could add to this with so many of Google's owned products and how they intentionally shaft anyone using MS technology, even in non-Waze situations where it's NOT a case of "not enough users on WinPhone," but rather "we want users on OUR web browser" or mail client or whatever.
- Canadian speeds aren't being taken into account when looking at users on the app's live map. What good is a maximum users speed of "over 40 km/h"? Do you also limit US users to showing "User is driving over 25 mph"? I could probably count on my hands the number of times I've driven on a road with a speed limit of less than 50 km/h.

It's hard to be an active member of the map editing community when my phone is running software that's 18 months old, I can't read my inbox messages and no sign that this will ever change. If you guys would just SUPPORT WinPhone, you would have a HUGE and LOYAL fanbase. WinPhone may have a small install base, but we also have a small app selection. That means when we find something that's good, well-maintained and popular, we stick to it like glue.

But all you're doing is pushing people to the Nokia/Lumia/Microsoft HERE map system by telling them Waze on WinPhone will probably be broken one day by a change to the core backbone services and nobody is going to bother fixing it because there are only thousands of users instead of millions, or whatever metric you use to justify it.

(Is your WinPhone team, if it even exists anymore, not aware of how easy it is to build multi-platform apps with shared code libraries? Or that WinPhone 10 will be able to run Android and iOS apps with little to no extra work by the developers?)
NomadTimelord
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Wizminkey - Whovian, Gamer and Tech Nerd
Rookie Map Editor in and around Cobourg, Ontario
Nokia Lumia 920 running Windows 10 Preview

Post by nutshatsinsich
For me the App works fine and does what I expected. The problem is indeed the incredible energy-consumption on my Samsung Ativa S. With Waze it does merely take an hour to suck it totaly empty.
nutshatsinsich
Send a message

Post by NyCos92b
Hello same problem than You on my 930 and 625 apparently it's on all Windows phone
NyCos92b
Send a message

Post by NyCos92b
It's the App is return and everithing it's ok fiouuuuu
NyCos92b
Send a message

Post by nzahn1
Get Waze on the Windows Store

Avoid the fake $4 version of waze by "Windows Phone Platinium"
- Looks like Windows has taken down this faker.
Edited to clean up, & update faker info.
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Last edited by nzahn1 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter

Post by nzahn1
TexasTibab wrote:When I hit the "Connect to Facebook" button during initial setup, nothing happened. After setting up, I found that button again in the Scoreboard area, and when I hit it there the button disappeared and I was not provided a way to connect to my Facebook.
No Facebook support for windows phone at this time. - @Waze on Twitter
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Last edited by nzahn1 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by nzahn1
enriquersc wrote:I have a problem, when I navigate, my Nokia Lumia 820 Windows Phone 8 overheats, I notice the same issue on my iPhone 4S, did you see that?, excuse me for my bad english, I'm from Guatemala
Welcome to Waze! First things first, as Alan posted above, be sure to search the forums before posting.
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: BEFORE POSTING! Please search self-help information already available for WP8.
You should also follow the forum guidelines and search both the forum and wiki for answers already available for most questions.
Second to your issue, this is a common complaint not only for waze but for most GPS apps due to the constant GPS usage, screen time, and possibly having it plugged in. Having the phone mounted in the sun can exacerbate issues. One common suggestion is to "vent mount" your phone, having air blow across it will keep it cool.
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by nzahn1
Just so everyone knows: Here is the current (as of this post) listing of known issues with Waze on WP from the Support Page:
Support Page wrote:Known issues and missing features - Windows Phone
  • Add a stop point
  • Landscape
  • Updating gas prices
  • Social media (Facebook, Twitter,...)
  • Problems with bluetooth- can’t choose whether route sound to speaker or to bluetooth.
  • “Crash” when returning from background.
  • Restart is needed for changing unit
  • No sound - please restart waze
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message