Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by bmatanb
Hello everyone!
I'm not sure this is the location for the topic. If it is not the place, please move the topic.

I have a new multimedia screen to in my car - RoadNav s100, OS: Windows CE 6.0.
How can I install Waze on that? I have an SD card port for that.

Thanks in advance.
bmatanb
Send a message

Post by bmatanb
Not yet, i'm working on that.
Should I have Internet connection in the entire using or only in the setup?
bmatanb
Send a message

Post by bmatanb
It has USB port for WiFi, I just need to buy dongle for that, and I will buy.
The problem is how do I install the program using the SD card? I don't understand how to do that.
bmatanb
Send a message

Post by Bogey2
Same problem here.

I am afraid this is the begin of the end of Waze on Windows Phone :( :evil:
Bogey2
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Samsung A51 | Android 11 | Wazer sinds januari 2014
CM: Nederland / RM: Noord-Brabant / AM: Oss en omgeving
Verzamelt Waze punten in een Kia Sportage 1.6 GDI FE

Post by Bogey2
Stanger_LV wrote:I have no alternatives for WAZE in my area. So I concluded that practical solution for me in "WAZE black day" will be use one of the Android oldies (which plenty around for few euros). Possibly I may get it even for free from my friends who changing regularly their Samsungs and LGs, thus having some oldies in storage box. Requirements for such 2-3 years old device not high, because it shall run only WAZE and nothing else. And it will remain all the time in the car, just like people do with Tom-Tom or other navi devices. The only thing I'll need to buy extra SIM card for the data connection, but in fact I'm paying already for the traffic on my current SIM card. So it will not be a new expense.
Any ideas or other solutions?
I was just thinking about the same solution.
But you do not need an extra SIM. Just use your Windows Phone as a WiFi hotspot in your car.
Bogey2
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Bogey2
Waze on my Windows Phone just started to download voices again.
Only standard voices, not TTS.
Someone with the same 'problem' or is it just me :)
Bogey2
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by boisrobe
same problem on lumia 925. uninstall, reboot, new insall but app crash...

Waze don't upgrade windows app, no voice for a long time and now crash ... :evil:
boisrobe
Send a message

Post by BoxSoft
coinneach wrote:Why is there no integration with the People hub?
There is, to an extent:
  1. Click on someone's address, it will take you to the map (not Waze's).
  2. Click on the "up arrow" icon to get directions. It shows a basic route on that map.
  3. Press the "right turn arrow" icon to launch a navigation app.
  4. Choose your desired app. My list shows Waze and HERE Drive+.
So it seems to be hooked in, just like Nokia HERE.

Mike
BoxSoft
Send a message

Post by BoxSoft
I concur that battery drain is bad on my 1020, but the 1020 is a battery hog, even not using Waze. The best I've managed (leaving my phone virtually untouched), the battery lasts only 26 hours. If I actually use my phone, then I'm lucky to get 10 hours out of it. If I use it heavily, I drain it in less than 4 hours. Even my old crappy iPhone4 was better in this regard (with a 3-year old battery).

If I'm using Waze, then the problem is obviously worse. With a 1-amp charger, Waze will drain the battery in about 3 hours. I've just gotten a 2-amp charger, so hopefully that's a bit better.

I'm really hoping that MS is able to tweak the OS to a more efficient battery user, and for Waze to improve it on their end as well.
BoxSoft
Send a message

Post by BoxSoft
Qyv42 wrote:
BoxSoft wrote: There is, to an extent:
  1. Click on someone's address, it will take you to the map (not Waze's).
  2. Click on the "up arrow" icon to get directions. It shows a basic route on that map.
  3. Press the "right turn arrow" icon to launch a navigation app.
  4. Choose your desired app. My list shows Waze and HERE Drive+.
So it seems to be hooked in, just like Nokia HERE.

Mike
Your steps above work, but unlike with the HERE apps, the actual directions don't seem to be getting passed in to Waze so that it generates a route. I always use the Search button on the phone to quickly find whatever location I'm looking for, then get directions via the WP maps app and then go to HERE Drive via the "right turn arrow" as you note above. With HERE Drive, the route is automatically generated if I do that, but with Waze, the app just launches and nothing else happens, so I have to do all searching from within Waze. This isn't a huge deal, but one of the cool things about Windows Phone is the ability to pin things like a contact to the Start screen - that way I have their contact info handy, and can also get directions to any address in that contact if needed. So it would be great if Waze could integrate with the WP maps app and get the directions handed off when Waze is launched from that entry point.
I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you. For me, it definitely starts Waze and feeds it the information. Waze then starts giving directions without further input. I just tried the Here+ app, and it wanted me to press Start first. ;)
BoxSoft
Send a message