Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by durocshark
So I found a solution to the WP problem.

I no longer run Waze on my WP.

No, I didn't trade my beloved Lumia 950 in for something with a fruit on it. Instead, I installed an Android head unit on my car. While I love WP, and would pay a premium for a Windows 10 Mobile based head unit, they don't exist. But capable android based HUs are out there for around $300.

Having Waze (and Pandora, and podcasts and...) run directly in my car makes a huge difference.

Waze's lack of support for WP is frustrating. But until Google... errrr... Alphabet... decides to support WP adequately, there's not much else I can do.
durocshark
Send a message

Post by dvdstelt
Since a few days Waze continuous to crash when navigating more than a few km/miles. Short distances work, but larger distances the app just crashes and closes. Even on longer distances, it can map the drive and starts showing the way, but it immediately crashes. Every single time. A friend of mine has the same problem.
dvdstelt
Send a message

Post by dvdstelt
The problem is alternative routes. If Waze notices a traffic jam on the route, it tries to find alternatives and crashes. You can check for yourself by doing any route and than press the bottom-bar and select alternative routes on the menu that pops up. It immediately crashes.

One thing I haven't figured out is, that it seems to work without gps signal or something. On the road I can never get Waze working. It keeps crashing and crashing. But from inside my house it seems to work from time to time. Maybe it's lack of GPS signal. Maybe it's wifi connection. No idea. But once it's working and I get on the road, it'll look for alternatives again by itself, but doesn't crash anymore.

I just Google would give up their fear for Microsoft and fix Waze for Windows Phone.

Because fear leads to anger.
Anger leads to hate.
Hate leads to ... suffering!
dvdstelt
Send a message

Post by dwbmb
I have a problem events that have lets say 5 or more comments and the area of text added but users squeezes out the Comment button from the screen. So I cannot reply. Have someone even betatested this app? Or is actual version in fact betatest (especially voice navigation ignoring distances before turns points out that no one really drove with this app at all)?
dwbmb
Send a message

Post by EB87Happy
When do we have an update for the Windows Phone app ?
EB87Happy
Send a message

Post by ecigplanete
Plusieurs e liquides sont disponible pour les vapoteurs débutants et avancés vous pouvez en choisir un qui vous convient le plus sur le comparateur de prix de cigarettes électronique et e liquide

The Fuu - VDLV - Swoke - Liquideo - Full Moon - Vampire Vape

ecigplanete
Send a message
Last edited by ecigplanete on Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Edkerbs
CoolCityCat wrote:
jimsterapasstru wrote:Voice on my Nokia 1520 suddenly changed to male voice.
Selected "Kate" back.
No voice.
Selected "Thomas"
No voice.
Selected other country then reselected UK
Says Voice is "Simon" - 'TF - Wasn't even in the UK voice list.
Reinstalled App.
No voice.
Hard reset device.
Reinstalled App.
Umpteen times.
On wifi.
Still No voice.
Downloads voices on wifi (apart from Terminator - sticks at 0%), but regardless of what other voice is selected, nothing.

Windows version is dog muck.

THANKS GOOGLE.

I might just get a cheap android basher as I'm doing a lot of miles and it's saved me hours in the past.
Tom's and Kate's voices were permanently retired from the app globally. Nothing to do with phone OS or Waze version. Got the info from Waze news feed.

Ha...what a joke. Really? has nothing to do with phone OS. So, why doesn't MINE WORK on my WP8.1 Lumia 1520? SCROOGLED is WHY.
Edkerbs
Send a message

Post by Edkerbs
wheyza wrote:Come on waze.... update for Windows phone
Has nothing to do with Waze. It's Google. Go BING it.
Edkerbs
Send a message

Post by ee61re
The battery usage is the major issue on my L920.

I don't have the same issue with other mapping, satnav or gps based apps such as Nokia Here Drive+, or Endomondo, so it is most likely fixable in Waze, hopefully pretty soon.

Rob
ee61re
Send a message
Rob

Usually found wazing somewhere around Selsey / Chichester, or up the A3 towards Bordon.

Post by ee61re
As mentioned above, an updated version is available today, just installing it now.
ee61re
Send a message
Rob

Usually found wazing somewhere around Selsey / Chichester, or up the A3 towards Bordon.